Your New Big Dog!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by mike18946, Jul 26, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Your new big dog....

[​IMG]

2. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

Haha, that's a bunch of dogs, check out the press conference in the other thread.

3. Sasha

He sure will look funny in that uniform, it will take a lot of time to get adjusted to that picture.

4. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

Not for me, the only person thatd look bad in a Sixers jersey is Kobe. [​IMG]

5. sjhoopz44

sjhoopz44 JBB JustBBall Member

ya, i agree

6. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

he will definately look better than KVH in that white Sixers shirt!

7. Butter

No doubt about that! Van Horn looked terrible in a Sixers jersey. Glenn will be perfect here in Philly and probably the 2nd or 3rd scoring threat depending if Snow keeps up his 10 pt + games coming like last year when he even scored 25 some games.

8. sjhoopz44

sjhoopz44 JBB JustBBall Member

I think he will fit right in and he will be the second leading scorer on the sixers. i think if he does good he could make the allstar game because philly has great fans and they would vote for him.

9. Butter

Yeah right, I highly doubt that. Robinson is a good clutch SF, but he cant beat Vince and Mashburn for a SF spot. I dont think Philly fans would even vote him in. Another question is, will he be a nominee? Look at poor Eric Snow, he's been a nominee for PG for like 3 or 2 yrs and he hasnt made it. I always vote for him even though Kidd will come infront of him plus Iverson always starts at PG. If Vince doesnt get voted in (hopefully) it could be

PG Kidd
    SG Iverson
    SF Tmac
    PF Jermaine
    C Big Ben

10. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

If that is the All-Star roster then it will look like this -

G - L.James
    G - McGrady
    F - Carter
    F - J.O'Neal
    C - B.Wallace

That is just because the fans are voting. Of course Carter and James shouldn't be starting over Iverson, Pierce, and Kidd, but since fans are voting they will be.

11. Butter

No way! First of all, Id be suprised if James gets a higher than the 8 spot on the East bench and he definatly wont start. If it wasnt for the voting in Canada, Vince probably wont be in the all star game this year. Its probably gonna be the same line up as last year except Vince will start instead of Michael Jordan.

12. Sasha

Does KVH look good in any jerseys, I mean come on, for real!

Vince will once again get the highest vote count in the whole NBA, It is kind of pitiful though, he better come out and shine this year though.

13. Butter

Ah he didnt look too bad on the Nets jersey. I also agree about Vince, Im curious in a way, is it from all the Toronto populatin, because I know that is a very populated city. Anyone on this board from Toronto?

14. Sasha

It is mostly the Canadians that vote for him I would guess, but also some Americans do as well. Those that do not know anything about basketball of course, because they want him to repeat the 2000 dunk contest, which is impossibile.

15. Butter

What he did in the dunk contest then is now a joke! Except the two handed foul line and the 360 windmill. But everyone was like "OMG HE WENT UNDER THE LEGS!" Now we have Desmond do it near the foul line without a bounce pass from Tracy (lol) and then a high school kid (LeBron) do it on a fast break in a game. Jeez, Vince wouldnt win against Jrich, LeBron or Desmond if those 4 were in a dunk comp.

16. Sasha

Trust me he would, Vince has some sh*t up his sleeve always!

17. Butter

Vince beat JRich? Maybe he could beat LeBron and a mild chance of beating Desmond, but Vince cant beat JRich in my opinion. JRich blew everyone away with that bounce-under the legs. He even did it with his left hand under the basket! Anyway, back to the topic, Your New Big Dog.

18. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Lets get back to the topic of Glenn Robinson. I don't know if him and Iverson can play together. They have a team that can win the eastern conference. AI, Glenn Rob, Kenny Thomas, Marc Jackson, DC...that is a real good eastern team with some decent size. It all depends on how AI and GR play together. They are both pretty selfish guys.

19. Sasha

I would disagree on Allen being selfish. I think he does his job beutifully, hooks some people up. You have to understand though, in the last seconds of a game, when it's on the line, he has to be selfish. He is their best player, and that's when the best shine. Face it, he is the Sixers, and that means when a time like that comes he has to be a little selfish.

20. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Allen is a team player, but his role is too score alot, and thats how he has become. He got 5.5 assists per game, but other games he would get a few and put up 30 shots. He can't play with other big scorers. He has to have the ball. Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Tim Thomas, Keith Van Horn...none of them could play well with Allen. He needs the ball at all times and needs a touch almost every time down the court.