Your overview/opinions on Ricky D

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by CelticBalla32, Jun 9, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I love Ricky D and really miss him in Boston. But I was wondering what you Wolves fans think of Ricky and how you like him in Minnesota?

2. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

T-Wolves fans? We have none [​IMG]

3. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC @ Jun 9 2006, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Wolves fans? We have none [​IMG]</div>LMAO the funny thing is i think hes right

4. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Wow I had no idea. That's sad lol, not even 1?

5. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Mr. Wolf is a Twolves fan. He doesn't post here much anymore. Very smart guy though.

6. KhAoS-CelticsFahLyfe

KhAoS-CelticsFahLyfe BBW Member

comeon now...it IS minnesota

7. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I'm not a T'Wolves fan but whenever i can talk about Ricky I have to nab at the oppurtunity [​IMG] I love Ricky, he brings a lot of energy and can be really entertaining to watch when he is on his game. He didn't work out that well in Boston and probably never would have worked out here with Paul Pierce. Not that they clashed or anything, it's just Ricky needs to take a lot of shots to be productive. There wasn't much room for that here in Beantown. Anyway, I was glad to see he cleaned up his career here in Boston, this guy was pretty much a cancer before he got here.

8. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

I absolutely love this kid's little pull up jumper from the free-throw line. Its pretty much money. I loved him while he was in Boston, and IMO it would have been sweet if we had kept him and he got a chance to play beside G-Money. Whatever though, people move on. Ricky was a great guy here in Boston, and defintiely resurrected his career. That being said, I didnt see much of him playing in Minnesota, but I heard he played a real solid end to the season. Averaging around 20 points, no?

9. Kevman21

Kevman21 nfl-*****s member

I would have prefered to have Wally still playing in Minnesota. He started to play very well at the start of the season for us hitting up like high 20's to 30 point games. Then we traded him and we got worse. It's not that Ricky Davis was worse than Wally but I don't really see any true reason to have traded for somebody else who doesn't know our system when we have a player now that is very good. I think we definately got the short end of the stick.

10. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>but I don't really see any true reason to have traded for somebody else who doesn't know our system when we have a player now that is very good. I think we definately got the short end of the stick.</div>Not to mention you got Mark Smoke-a-Blount's $30 MIL contract for the next four seasons. I don't understand what McHale was thinking with that trade. You hit it on the head, you gave up a guy who knew your system and was used to playing with KG. And you take in a guy like Ricky Davis who can be sparatic at times and real trigger happy with his jump shot. Not to mention you give up Michael Olowkandi's expiring contract and take in Mark Blount's horrific contract.

11. Kevman21

Kevman21 nfl-*****s member

Yes all of McHales trades have turned out to be pretty much crap. That Jaric trade . . . well ummm he sucks and Cassell did 10 times better than him and he is like 10 years older. Then this trade. I just don't know. Hopefully Ricky Davis can step up next season for us unless if he gets traded which I have heard rumors.

12. TheMainEvent021

TheMainEvent021 BBW Member

ricky should do good but mchale should of been fired the day he fired flip saunders that was one of the dumbest moves he could make,.