Your SF/SG For The Start Of The Season

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by BasX, Jun 27, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    What is Your Choice
    C, PF and PG are set (so we seem)
    what you think?

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    i got Kapono[SF] and Parker[SG]
    Jason is too good a shooter and Parker will finally show his good team defense with some help behind him

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

One of the luxuries of this deal is that if Sam can micromanage minutes, we can have one of Bosh or O'Neal on the floor the whole game. That can help Bargnani become a big time bench scorer. I can see Sam starting Moon and bringing Kapono off the bench because of the bench scoring hit we'll take with Calderon starting, but my choice is to have Parker and Kapono starting as well.

4. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I picked Bargnani/Moon by accident, but I think it'll be Kapono/Parker and off the bench is the great athleticism of Moon and Bargnani's shot.

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I went Parker/Kapono - because both have good offensive games, and Parker's D can somewhat make up for Kapono's lack of; while Moon's D off the bench can make up for Bargs'.

Also, Bargs can play the 3 frontcourt positions, while Moon could potentially play SG and both forward positions - and multi-positional players are great off the bench.

6. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Assuming Chris and J start in the 4/5, I'd go with AP at 3 and Kap at 4.

7. Kaz

Kaz Member

kapono and parker??? no way, moon will keep his position, with O'neal being down low moon will get enough chances to score and dunk

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Ideally he would. The problem is Moon doesn't do that. Unless he comes in with a radically different mindset this season, Jamario's value to this team is as a shotblocker and athletic help defender. On offense last year he was a complete liability, continually chucking up jump shots at a poor percentage.

9. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

I think it will probably be Moon at SF and Parker at SG. However I think the best comination would be Moon and Kapono, because I think if Kapono is on the floor with O Neal and Bosh it will improve spacing and he probably will get more open looks. As well Parker is a better playmaker than Moon or Kapono when Calderon is off the floor.

10. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I want to see the best in Moon. I have a lot of faith in him, but Chutney is right. He has horrible shot selection, and I don't know why. He could go to the line 10-15 times a game if he drove 85% of the time. He can out jump almost anybody and he has great control in the air. His 3 point shooting is just horrid. I don't understand why he finds the need to shoot from there. We have great 3 point shooters, just get to the rim.

I like Moon at SF and Parker at SG. Kapono I think would be good off the bench with Bargnani as our 3 point shooters, and if Il Mago can learn a few moves, he'll play some down low offense. Along with Ukic and Nat or Hump, we're not bad off the bench.

Pegs, I don't really think Moon can play SG, unless you play Bargnani at the 3, which is not impossible, but very improbable. Mitch will have to go really big for that to happen, and I can gurantee that he'll never think that way. I like the idea a lot, but it'll never happen under Mitchell.