Your take on Kedrick Brown

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by OnTheBreakaway, Feb 21, 2004.

1. OnTheBreakaway

OnTheBreakaway JBB JustBBall Member

Hi Cavsfans!

I am really happy to found a place were serious basketballfans share there thoughts without getting disturbed by hatred and ignorance.

I'm from Sweden wish means I only get to watch the games I'm able to download from the Internet. Before the Boston-trade I had never seen Kedrick Brown play and now a couple of month after the trade despite watching several Cavalier-games I have still hardly seen him play.

When reading about the Boston-trade the information I found about Kedrick were that he was a good defender that could finish the break and shoot the three. My reaction to that was: "Wow thats the perfect roleplayer for the Cavaliers". Still all he gets is DNP:s.

It would be fun to hear some insightful thoughts on him from people who knows more about him and the team. Was the information about him correct?, why is he not playing?, does he have a future with the cavaliers? and most importantly could he, if given the chance, contribute to making the Cavaliers a better team?

Keep up the good work!

2. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

I honestly have no explanation as to why he doesn't play more over Newble other then the fact that Paxson wants Newble to play to justify his contract.

Brown is equal or better then Newble on defense and he can hit the three some consistancy.

3. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

Plus he can run the floor and finish a lot better than Ira. He's gonna be solid for whoever gives him minutes, and hopefully it will be the Cavs. Silas has not been very consistent in his rotation during the first half of the season. It seemed like every week someone new was in his doghouse and he had a new favorite player. Hopefully the second half will bring us more Kedrick.

4. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Hi my man from Sweden, Norway here [​IMG]
    I don't think Kedrick is that good, he hasn't done much since he came to Cavs, and I don't think he will do it better later in the season!

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Brown falls too in love with trying to get open for a set 3 point shot. He has no handles either, so that takes away going to the basket.

The guy is just so athletic, he should be a slasher.

6. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Kedrick is a project. He is only 22 years old. He has a great chance to develope here and I feel that Silias will do something about his game during training camp. The kid can shoot, and he also can finish. But his mind isn't there fundementally. He likes to shoot the 3 ball, and he never attacts the rim. Kedrick doesn't have an ounce of confidence streaming threw him. And that is the reason he rides pine.

7. jbbKing James

When we got him from Boston I expected to see many James to Brown oops...

I have yet to see one.

8. Glen Infante

McInnis attempted to throw an oop to Ked, he didn't get up high enough.

9. DajuanWagner#2

^
    |
    | lol... Kedrick can't jump if that's what you mean!

10. OnTheBreakaway

Thanks for the info guys. I don't see him liking to shoot the three as a problem if he can hit it. Getting someone who spreads the defense out should be a major priority for the Cavs right now. Even though I agree that a guy that has a 40' vertical(is that true?) should use it (preferably by finishing oops from Bron).

Nice to see a neighbor posting by the way, go Norway!!!

11. jbbKing James

I have only seen Brown dunk it 2 times since getting here, anyone else seen more? I never miss games.

12. Glen Infante

I have only seen one. His reverse slam off the break.

13. jbbKing James

That was one of the 2, ha

14. Glen Infante

He probably drove the lane a total of 5 times this year.

15. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting OnTheBreakaway:</div><div class="quote_post"> I don't see him liking to shoot the three as a problem if he can hit it. Getting someone who spreads the defense out should be a major priority for the Cavs right now.</div>

Him liking to shoot the three isn't the problem, the problem is that is all he does. On the offensive end he almost never steps inside the three point line. He needs to add a slashing element to his game and put the ball on the floor from time to time. He also needs to utilize his leaping abilities to go up after offensive boards. He isn't that good of a shooter to warrant his lingering around the arc incessantly.

16. OnTheBreakaway

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">Him liking to shoot the three isn't the problem, the problem is that is all he does. </div>

I hear you. If you're gonna be onedimensional you better be damn good at that only thing you do. Good point.

17. DajuanWagner#2

Yeah, that's a pretty good point redscoon.
    If he can't shot, why just stand at the threepoint-line and wait for the ball to try?
    That's what you should practise on with friend or teammates, not at games! And when you are quite comfortable with hitting those threepointers in practise, you try two or three in a game, if the first don't hit, try one more 5 minutes later or something, if you don't hit that one either, then next time you get the ball, drive inside and try to make points there instead.
    Because, if Kedrick has this vertical you says he have, why don't slam or lay-up some points inside, to prove your place on a team, instead of take idiotic three-pointers!

18. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

Well said!

19. DajuanWagner#2

It's just knowledge, I've been in the situation Kedrick is in now myself, when I get the ball, I try about 7-8 three-pointers in some games, even though I can take it inside and score easy! I think 3-pointers is a good way to get points, but you try to many of em, it's not that good anymore, and you try to many when you got a bad game.
    That's what Kedrick does, he had maybe some good shoting at a practise, and tries to shot it all the time in games, from the three-point line!

Drive inside Kedrick, make some points for the team and help them to win, instead trying to prove your shot for other players and fans!

20. Glen Infante

Norway? Is that a paragraph i see?