Your Team & Starting Five

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Raindrops, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Raindrops

Raindrops JBB JustBBall Member

Your team and starting5?

I won $420 in a pool last season all thanks to Syracuse. Everybody laughed at me when I told them that Carmelo Anthony is simply unstoppable 1on1. Well I got the last laugh and am choosing the 'cuse to repeat.

C-Forth
    PF-Warrick
    SF-Pace
    SG-Edelin
    PG-McNamara

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Duke

C-Sheldon Williams
    PF-Randolf
    SF-Deng
    SG-Ewing/Reddick
    PG-Duhon

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Terps, i personally have no clue who's starting. daryl strawberry's kid will probably start.

btw i picked syracuse to lose to kentucky in the finals last year.

4. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Im the biggest Dukie fan when it comes to Duke Basketball. I think we have a legitimate chance to win it this year like we do every year.

Here are our starters:

PG- Duhon
    SG- Ewing
    SF- Reddick
    PF- Randolph
    C- Williams

The key this year for the BlueDevils will be getting Chris Duhon more active on offense. For this team to be successful he needs to be more aggressive in terms of looking for his shot. He had a bad year last year(he was preseason MVP) so I hope he can rebound.

MVP of the team: Coach K

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">daryl strawberry's kid will probably start.
    </div>Are you aware that DJ Strawberry is a mediocre Freshman and nothing more? He will not even start his Senior season.

6. Voodoo Child

My favorite team is Michigan State. They are the predicted number two team in the nation next to UConn. Here is a look at their starting five -

PG - Chris Hill (All-Big Ten, leading scorer, projected first rounder, strong official All-American candidate, USA Team Member, Team Captain)

SG - Kelvin Torbert (HS Player of the Year in 2000, third leading scorer, strong official All-American Candidate, projected lottery selection, dunk-wise Jason Richardson CLONE)

SF - Alan Anderson (Second leading scorer, second strongest official All-American Candidate on the team, All Big Ten Team, projected early second rounder, does the dirty work)

PF - Paul Davis (Projected lottery Pick, the strongest official All-American Candidate, former HS All-Star, Team USA member, first leading rebounder still on the team, absolute beast in the paint)

C - Jason Andreas (Our legitimate seven footer, big body and a huge low post presence, one of our top rebounders)

Other Key Players -

Maurice Ager - PG (Toughest guy on the team, Team USA member, very strong official All-American candidate, projected lottery draft pick)

Shannon Brown - SG (HS All-American, projected top ten draft pick, freakish dunker with amazing athleticism)

Rashi Johnson - SF/PG (JuCo All-American)

Brandon Cotton - PG (HS All-American)

As you can see Michigan State is a very strong team. They have eight players that are nearly locks for the draft and seven players that are potential All-Americans. I predict them to be number one in the nation (as many predict) and win the National Championship (as even more predict).

7. Raindrops

Since when is Rashi Johnson a SF?

8. Raindrops

Watch out for North Carolina as well. With Roy Williams on the bench, two potential all ACC 1st teamers in Raymond Felton and Rashad McCants, and a healthy Sean May the Tar Heels are definite contenders.

C-May
    PF-Williams
    SF-Noel
    SG-McCants
    PG-Felton

9. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Raindrops:</div><div class="quote_post">Since when is Rashi Johnson a SF?</div>This year Tom Izzo is going to play him as a point forward. That means he will be PG/SF.

10. Raindrops

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">This year Tom Izzo is going to play him as a point forward. That means he will be PG/SF.</div>

How is it that Rashi at 6'2'' 190pds can play PointF? Alan Anderson who shared some time last season at the point and averaged 3.3apg imo is the PointF on the squad.

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Raindrops:</div><div class="quote_post">How is it that Rashi at 6'2'' 190pds can play PointF? Alan Anderson who shared some time last season at the point and averaged 3.3apg imo is the PointF on the squad.</div>There is not much of an explanation for it. Michigan State has three point-forwards. They are Chris Hill, Rashi Johnson, and as you said, Alan Anderson. Since Michigan State has Brandon Cotton, Maurice Ager, and Chris Hill all trying to get minutes at PG they will be forced to give Rashi minutes as a SF and SG.

12. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

o, i thought strawberry's son was supposed to be good. i thought that he was a top prospect, i guess i thought wrong.

13. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dexter:</div><div class="quote_post">Im the biggest Dukie fan when it comes to Duke Basketball. I think we have a legitimate chance to win it this year like we do every year.

Here are our starters:

PG- Duhon
    SG- Ewing
    SF- Reddick
    PF- Randolph
    C- Williams

The key this year for the BlueDevils will be getting Chris Duhon more active on offense. For this team to be successful he needs to be more aggressive in terms of looking for his shot. He had a bad year last year(he was preseason MVP) so I hope he can rebound.

MVP of the team: Coach K</div>You dont think the best high schooler in the draft other than Lebron.... Wont start? Deng.

14. Raindrops

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kid Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">You dont think the best high schooler in the draft other than Lebron.... Wont start? Deng.</div>

Since when did Deng enter the draft and have u ever seen him play?

15. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

Ohio State
    (G) Fuss-Cheatham
    (G) Sullinger
    (F) Sylvester
    (F) Dials
    &copy; Radinovic

Billings could take Fuss-Cheatham's spot, Stockman could take Sullinger's spot, Sullinger could take Sylvester's spot, and Jenkins could take Dials's spot. In short, it's too early and there's too many new and worthy players to know exactly how it will turn out.

16. azr&b

azr&b JBB JustBBall Member

University of Arizona

C-Channing Frye
    F-Andre Iguadala
    F-Isaiah Fox
    G-Salim Stoudamire
    G-Hassan Adams or
    Mustafa Shakur (?)

17. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kid Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">You dont think the best high schooler in the draft other than Lebron.... Wont start? Deng.</div>Aside from your error about Deng being in the draft, I would argue that Shannon Brown is better. You've never seen Deng play and a coach like Coach K would never take some Freshman "prospect" from New Jersey and start him over deserving and experienced veterans. Just like Tom Izzo would never start Shannon Brown over Chris Hill, Maurice Ager, or Kelvin Torbert.

18. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

At the beginning of the season Deng will not start, but if he works hard and plays well we could see him starting by mid-season, it will be hard this year for a freshman to come in and start b/c Duke has a lot more depth compared to last year and they didnt really have any choice but to start freshman. Duke's freshman from last year were also more prepared b/c they had the extra practice time the trip to england brought.

19. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Maryland Terrapins

PG-John Gilchrist
    SG-Chris McCray/Mike Jones
    SF-Nik Caner-Medley
    PF-Travis Garrison/Ekene Ibekwe
    C-Jamar Smith

John Gilchrist is a lock a PG now because Steve Blake is gone, now he can get some quality minutes. If there are two players at each position that just means there could be some debate as to who starts. Chris McCray at SG has 1 year of experience, but will have to battle with Mike Jones, they both had great HS careers, and are both great shooters. For now expect Gary Williams to start Chris McCray because of his 1 year with the team. At SF theres another lock; Nik Caner-Medley will be starting in his second season with the terps. At PF there was another debatable choice, but because of Travis Garrison's 1 year of experience with the terps, I would expect him to start most of the season. At C theres Jamar Smith, a guy who can play in the post and bang with the big guys, he has great strength, a 300 pound bench press.