You're goin' down, Peja.

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Crossover, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

How about that? Peja gets second in the three point shootout to Voshon Lenard, barely squeaking ahead of Korver. Peja had 16, while Korver had 15, and Lenard, the winner, had 18.

I thought for sure Peja had it locked, but he choked hard on the third and fourth racks.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Major props to Voshon Lenard, maybe now he'll get the attention he deserves for his season so far.

3. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

Kyle Korver did way bettter than anyone expected you have to give him a hand for that.

4. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

Not really. We expected him to do as well as he did. Shooting threes is the only reason he's in the league.

5. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I really wanted Korver to win, and thought he had as good a chance as anybody... Lenard did very well, but I thought Korver and Peja would definitely be the class of the contest...great contest overall, altho Billups and Lewis should not have been in it...

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting HoustonHoopa33:</div><div class="quote_post">I really wanted Korver to win, and thought he had as good a chance as anybody... Lenard did very well, but I thought Korver and Peja would definitely be the class of the contest...great contest overall, altho Billups and Lewis should not have been in it...</div>

Lewis did fine, his 16 in the group rounds was what Peja got in the final, and would have gotten him into the final in last year's contest. That and he didn't have time to shoot the last money-ball, which potentially could have tied him with Lenard after the first round. Mobley and Billups were the ones who shouldn't have been there, but it's easy to say in hindsight.

7. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

It was a good 3point shoot out. I was getting hpyed watching Korver. Im just upset that Peja didnt win I enjoyed watching it though.