You're opinion on Ray allen

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by melo, Mar 29, 2006.

1. melo

melo Magic

Re: You're opinion on Ray allen

I personally believe he's a one sided whiny little <Censored>. His defense is mediocre, his offense isn't amazing also.Now i know bruce bowen admitted to kicking him but ray is still a <Censored>. Last year in the playoffs he kept on moaning and crying about bruce fouling. How many players have gone up against bowen who haven't complained? Does he think bruce only does that on him?Anyways discuss, i just don't like this guy. I like shot an all but it ends there.

2. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Everyone complains about Bruce Bowen and he has the right too. Also most of the NBA is filled with players with mediorce defense because the NBA is looked at as an offensive game yet teams that win play defense. His feild goal and three point percentages are all high and is ranked 11th in scoring.I would love to have him on my team.

3. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Ray Allen is benefitting from the rule changes and more freedom in Seattle. Most great guards don't play great defense and it's already impossible to play great defense anyway because of the rules. Allen has always been open about his distaste of some players, I don't mind it.

4. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clutch_Melo_061 @ Mar 29 2006, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I personally believe he's a one sided whiny little <Censored>. His defense is mediocre, his offense isn't amazing also.Now i know bruce bowen admitted to kicking him but ray is still a <Censored>. Last year in the playoffs he kept on moaning and crying about bruce fouling. How many players have gone up against bowen who haven't complained? Does he think bruce only does that on him?Anyways discuss, i just don't like this guy. I like shot an all but it ends there.</div>wow, take the blindfold off. Sure, he complained about Bruce Bowen, but he had the right to. Bruce plays dirty. Everyone complains about him, it's just Ray went public w/ it.and his offense isn't amazing? who's is? only a few players' offense could be considered amazing. he's still putting up 24+ a night, along with being the best shooter in the league.

5. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

My Take on Ray Allen......Well first of all he's a bad actor (He got game) LOL!!!!!! Anyway I think he has one of the nicest shots in the NBA but his defense isn't that good. Especially when he's guarding Kobe.

6. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

okay, people. If defense is a players only weakness, then they are a good player. half the nba doesn't play defense. Ray Allen's defense really isn't all that bad in comparison.

7. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

well......I have to give Ray credit for his heart and his B-E-A utiful shot.......but yeah since im a spurs fan i do kinda get annoyed with him at times but.....that doesnt mean you can take away from his skill. Although I do kinda doubt him this year because they arent doing to great. And dont use the excuse that they have no big guys because they had no good big guys last year either and they had a good enough record to win their division. Missing Jerome James and Danny Fortsons injuries is no excuse to have a shitty record. If Ray could put some wins up there i might be a little bit bigger fan...

8. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

oh, by no means is he a winner, but he is still extremely talented.

9. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

yeah.....i know he has talent but i think that the test of a real player is if he wins games.......unless you have a supporting cast like New York

10. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

its pretty much just the seattle defense which is why they suck. offensively they will torch u up... and the last game bruce bowen should just shut up after allowing a NOT so "Amazing" offensive player to score 33 on him(and I acknowledge his 5 turnovers), but who won the game. He's a very good defender but that was pathetic... and i'd have to say on the spurs defense overall. Or is it don't doubt the offense of the sonics. Sonics is a poor Suns team the only better player at positions is that Ray allen is better than bell. Marion is better than rashard and we know that and so on at other positions.Overall Ray Allen can take a team to the playoffs but will not win a ring.... It's dissapointing as a fan but whatever.... Ship happens As long as he doesn't say stupid ship like Starburys comin back. Stuff like that makes a New Yorker hate u. Whats worse he was born here.

11. melo

melo Magic

Also i'm still amazed he got voted into the allstar game. His stats weren't that great Like Kg who was a triple threat each night. He got in over the likes of Carmelo and chris paul.Everyone knows bruce bowen's tactics are not clean, however get on with it. He is not the same person who he has used those tactics on.edit: His offense is not amazing. It's good, i give it up to him. However he's career high is scoring is 25ppg [this season]. That isn't amazing considering his team sucks also.Tmac and kobe are two people who come to my mind when i consider offensive games.

12. Swift The Swatter

Swift The Swatter BBW Member

I'm hoping some people here have changed their opinions by now?<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clutch_Melo_061 @ Mar 29 2006, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>edit: His offense is not amazing. It's good, i give it up to him. However he's career high is scoring is 25ppg [this season]. That isn't amazing considering his team sucks also.Tmac and kobe are two people who come to my mind when i consider offensive games.</div>Okay, let's review here: Rashard Lewis: averages over 20 ppg and Wilcox has added an inside threat to other teams. Amazing what two weeks does, huh?