You've gotta love Jalen..

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by raptors4life, Mar 24, 2005.

1. raptors4life

raptors4life JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.slamonline.com/links/03222004/index3.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">SLAM: So now that you've been here a while, what are your feelings on the T-dot?

JALEN: T-dot is a lot more Americanized than people think?great culture over here, great basketball fans, knowledgeable fans. Good shopping, a lot things to do, good restaurants, beautiful people, beautiful women, really industrious. Being from the midwest, you hear a lot about the winters being cold, but it's no different than those winter times I spent growing up in Detroit, or being in Chicago?so I'm really having a good time and hopefully we make this playoff run.</div>

The article's a year old, but I just had to show it off. Jalen entertains me so much for some reason - that's why I love him.

2. THCanuck

THCanuck JBB JustBBall Member

I totally agree with you dude. He makes a good leader and hes awsome to watch. he's key!

3. bOsHiSdAsHiZzLe

bOsHiSdAsHiZzLe JBB JustBBall Member

Yep definatly, he always gets the life back into the raps when they need it, good thing he still feels (or at least hasnt complained about being here) the same way as he did a year ago.

4. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

i'm really happy with how he's improved since vince left and he had that spurt of coming off the bench. If you ask me he's back to the Jalen of Pacers days. Being clutch, taking the big shot, going inside-out on his man and putting up some really good numbers and most importantly his fg%. The guy has stopped taking bad shots. I wouldnt dump his salary AT ALL! He's over paid, but you can do alot worse than Jalen Rose. A top 50 player.

5. Stunt101

Stunt101 JBB JustBBall Member

he's good but sometimes takes ill-advised shots....like when he stops a fast break and shoots a 3...good if it goes but not good at all if it doesnt...he's overpaid(more money then vince) but he still contributes on a regular basis and knows how to score

Rose makes 15 mill while Vince makes 13 to 14 mill.....i learned that one in NBA live 2005 and espn....there are a bunch of overpaid players...like Brian grant makes 10 plus mil....

6. raptors4life

[​IMG] He gets more money than Vince? Damn, the Raptors management really overpay their players - Alston gets tons too.

7. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

alstons contract pays him something like 5 million a year, which isnt bad for a quality point gaurd that points up decent numbers. if he can get his attitude right he might be worth even more than that.
    rose is overpaid, but he's good. and its not the raptors management that overpaid Jalen it was the Pacers.

8. raptors4life

Anyways, I found this article: http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/S...972774-sun.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Rose took sole responsibility for the loss.

"I picked a horrible time to have what I consider my worst game of the year," he said.

"I didn't step up when the team needed me to. This loss is on Jalen. All the guys played hard, and if I played like I'm supposed to play, we would have won." </div>

He didn't bitch and moan about how the team lost the game but instead took responsibility for it. [​IMG] I love this guy.