Zach Marbury's profile

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Ming637, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Zech Marbury

[​IMG]

Position: Guard
    Height/Weight: 6?3?? / 205 lbs
    Birthdate: February 4, 1980
    High School: Abraham Lincoln HS, Brooklyn, NY
    College: Rhode Island

2003-04: Played for the New Jersey Squires of the ABA? Led team in scoring and assists, averaging 20 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals per game.

2002-03: Played for the Westchester Wildfire, coached by John Starks? Averaged 8 ppg, 6 apg, and 4 rpg.

As a Collegian: Went undrafted as an early entry candidate for the 2001 NBA Draft? Started 58 of 59 games in two years at Rhode Island? Named to the Atlantic 10 Conference All-Rookie Team (2000)

2000-01: Averaged 16.9 points and 4.0 rebounds per game? Scored a season-high 38 points, including 17-for-20 from the free throw line, against La Salle? Tallied 21 points in the season opener against Fairfield? Scored 17, 18, and 15 points at the Great Alaska Shootout? Had 24 points and seven rebounds in a win over Yale? Made 12 of 13 free throws and scored 21 points vs. Northeastern? Converted 13 of 16 free throws en route to 21 points against Hartford? Had 21 points against St. Joseph?s, including 11 of 14 free throws? Scored 21 points against Hartford, making 13 of 16 free throws? Posted a double-double against Xavier with 25 points and 11 rebounds? Had 22 points against Massachusetts? Handed out season-high seven assists at Temple.

1999-00: Averaged 15.7 points and 4.0 rebounds? Scored a career-high 33 points, most for a Rhode Island player in the 1999-2000 season, at San Francisco? Named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week on Dec. 19 after averaging 21.0 points, 5.5 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in two games? Tallied 21 points with four assists against Murray State? Scored 21 points, including a three-pointer at the buzzer, vs. Virginia Tech? Scored 25 points, making nine of eleven free throws against St. Bonaventure? Had 20 points and 7 rebounds against Fordham? Scored a game-high 27 points vs. Xavier in the Atlantic 10 Tournament.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/zechmarbury_SL040714.html

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

He looks a lot like Steph but I dont see him having a future in the NBA unless the Knicks sign him to Steph's demands.

3. Duece~2

Duece~2 JBB JustBBall Member

I saw him one time, but no I don't think thomas and company will consider signing him

4. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

That's wierd...I remember his name was "Zach" Marbury... with an "a"

Anyway, I saw him play at rhode island...I remember when I first saw him, I thought I was going crazy cuz I thought he was Steph...then as they talked about him, I realized it was his brother..

But he's actually a pretty good player...He's not as strong as Steph, and his shooting isn't anywhere near Stephs...If he stayed in school, he could've been in the league...as of right now, its doubtful he will make it..

btw, it looks like he got a tan...he was really light skinned in college

5. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">That's wierd...I remember his name was "Zach" Marbury... with an "a"

Anyway, I saw him play at rhode island...I remember when I first saw him, I thought I was going crazy cuz I thought he was Steph...then as they talked about him, I realized it was his brother..

But he's actually a pretty good player...He's not as strong as Steph, and his shooting isn't anywhere near Stephs...If he stayed in school, he could've been in the league...as of right now, its doubtful he will make it..

btw, it looks like he got a tan...he was really light skinned in college</div>

he's got no game, in fact he's a ball hog with no game. u can watch him on nba tv in those rucker park games and of course the knick summer league games.

6. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I don't know why..but for some reason he looks like Dave Chappelle in that shot..

7. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">he's got no game, in fact he's a ball hog with no game. u can watch him on nba tv in those rucker park games and of course the knick summer league games.</div>

I haven't seen him of late, but when he was at Rhode Island, he had some game...

8. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Put it this way the best pg ever to play at Rhode Island is Tyson Wheeler and if he never made it to the NBA, what makes u think Zach will? He is garbage compared to NBA players and who cares if he is Marbury's brother.

9. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

He;s in the Summer League to sell a few extra tickets, some people want to see Stephon's brother. I doubt Isiah ever considered actually putting him on the roster.

10. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Understandable, because arent the Knicks having lots of issues w/ ticket sales and what not?

11. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">Understandable, because arent the Knicks having lots of issues w/ ticket sales and what not?</div>
    I hope to God that you are being sarcastic.

12. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Well, they haven't really did anything since Van Gundy days.

13. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, they haven't really did anything since Van Gundy days.</div>
    Since we got Marbury last season almost every if not every game was sold out. Not to mention that at one point there was a time where the Knicks sold out more games then any other sports Franchise or something like that.

14. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Ok, I gotcha.

15. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

Zach or Zech Marbury?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">he's got no game, in fact he's a ball hog with no game. u can watch him on <font size="3">nba tv in those rucker park games</font> and of course the knick summer league games.</div>
    Yeah i saw him on those rucker park games. I really didnt see him explode or anything he just came in after his brother steph and played some garbage minutes.

I think he made sopme mistakes during that time.

But in my opinion i would'nt really look for Zach to try to make a jump to the L because as i heard (on NBA tv while watching a rucker game) that Stephon Marbury takes care of his brother financially. So i mean Zach has the money too. ( what i eman by that statement is this)

Zach is not as hungry in my opinion as steph was when he first entered the L or at the moment that steph is now in the L for that matter because everything i think is being handed to him on a silver platter.

Thus giving Zach the oppurtunity to play around wiht basketball at the rucker and get payed as much as if he was as hungry as stephone marbury and got payed the same as him.

<font size="5"><u>Get it</u></font>

16. Wizk4nyc15

Wizk4nyc15 JBB JustBBall Member

I've been watchin those rucker games too, and it seems to me that everyone that plays there plays horribly. I seen Zach play, he of course is not as good as Steph, but he does have skills. I watched him play in Coney Island (I live in Brooklyn) in the place where they hold the Stephon Marbury tournament. His jumpshot isn't that great, but he can shoot better than some NBA point guards (example TJ Ford, lol) He's really fast, and can dish, nowhere near Steph's skill level, but i believe he can make it happen in the NBA. Just my Opinion

17. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">He;s in the Summer League to sell a few extra tickets, some people want to see Stephon's brother. I doubt Isiah ever considered actually putting him on the roster.</div>

I agree completely.

18. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

I saw him play twice in person at the Summer League. He doesnt get too many minutes because he backs up Andre Barrett. When he does get minutes, he plays alright, but not good enough to make the jump to the L. I did notice that hes pretty good on D and he had some nice steals..

19. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He looks exactly like Stephon....
    With all this negative feedback im thinking that hes not that great....
    Never seen him play but i hope to....

20. jjtheknick

jjtheknick JBB JustBBall Member

if he does come to the knicks then that will be great for the marbury famliy because it may appel to seb up in portland.