Zach Randolph Chat

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Really Lost One, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Taylor (Oregon City): Hello Zach, I was just wondering if the knee is still bothering you during the games or if it is gettting better?

Zach Randolph: It's improving, but it's not 100-percent. The healing process takes awhile.

Peyman (villa park, CA): Hey Zach, what do you think of the recent 9 player deal? Do you think that Lenord and Skinner can make a contribution to the program?

Zach Randolph: I think so. Lenard is a veteran player and so is Skinner. Lenard can shoot that ball pretty well, so I think it can help. Skinner is a good rebounder and a tough player, so that should help too.

Chris Elizabethtown, Ky: Hey Zach, how is it playing for Nate Mcmillian?

Zach Randolph: It's OK. He's a very disciplined coach who likes things done the right way. He wants to get the very best out of his players.

Dan Ridgewood NJ: Hey Zach, How do you think the return of Darius Miles will help the Blazers?

Zach Randolph: It's gonna help us out alot. He's one of the best players on our team, he's very talented and I think his return will help us alot.

BC: Yo Z-Bo! First, I gotta ask, how does it feel to have your own bobblehead? Second, what are the areas YOU think you may want to work on? Thanks!

Zach Randolph: Ha-ha. It feels good to have my own bobblehead (Laughing). Every aspect of my game, I need to keep working on, improving on. My perimeter game, my rebounding, my defense, everything.

Rani. Ron (Canada): Who gave you the nick name Z-bo?

Zach Randolph: I had that nickname since I was youngster in 7th and 8th grade. I had a buddy who gave everyone nicknames one day, and mine just stuck.

JR (Toronto): Hey Zach, what was your experience like in your trip to South Africa?

Zach Randolph: It was a great experience. It was one of the best things in my life. Not a lot of people get that opportunity and I will definitely be going back.

Chris, Gainesville: Sup.... if u had a choice to play in any era of basketball, which era would it be and which team would u like to play for?

Zach Randolph: I would probably like to play when Jordan was playing. You had to guard people one-on-one back in the 80s, you couldn't hang back in that zone. I'd like to have played then.

Ellis D (Portland, OR): Sup Z-Bo? What do you like to do on your free time in Portland?

Zach Randolph: Hmm. I play video games. Just kick back and relax.

Alex Union City, NJ: Who is the toughest player to guard for you? Good luck the rest of the season!

Zach Randolph: Probably Kevin Garnett. He is long, athletic and he has a great game.

Jassiym(Kars): When did you start to play basketball?

Zach Randolph: I started playing in about 3rd grade.

paul (Portland): Was it fun being on Cribs? And what do you think they missed in your pad?

Zach Randolph: It was fun, a great experience. They missed alot of stuff. The didn't get everything in there. It was nice though.

Jordan Raygoza (Corning, CA): I know you came into the NBA at a young age, but how has it felt to now be the mentor for the young players on your team (Outlaw, Telfair,Webster, etc)?

Zach Randolph: It feels good. We are a very young team, which is a learning experience for me. I need to be a leader. I'm developing as a leader and those young guys are developing as NBA players. It's going good.

Brandon (Flint): Are You going to watch Sebastian Telfair's documentary "Through The Fire"?

Zach Randolph: I've already seen it. It's real good.

isaac: Hey Zach, What needs to change so that you and the blazers can have an over 500 season this year?

Zach Randolph: We need to take one thing at a time. We have some young guys and we need to concentrate on each game. We have to play hard and finish the season strong and if that means we get over .500, so be it.

Zach Randolph: Thanks to the fans for your questions and for supporting me. I appreciate it.
    </div>

link: http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatNBA?event_id=10943

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jordan Raygoza (Corning, CA): I know you came into the NBA at a young age, but how has it felt to now be the mentor for the young players on your team (Outlaw, Telfair,Webster, etc)?

Zach Randolph: It feels good. We are a very young team, which is a learning experience for me. I need to be a leader. I'm developing as a leader and those young guys are developing as NBA players. It's going good.</div>

Yup, JBB's own [​IMG]

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

oh yeah, haha i forgot to mention that. didnt you also get answers for hedo? lol. theres someone else but i dont remember

4. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">oh yeah, haha i forgot to mention that. didnt you also get answers for hedo? lol. theres someone else but i dont remember</div>

Randolph, Telfair, and Hedo [​IMG]

5. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Chris Elizabethtown, Ky: Hey Zach, how is it playing for Nate Mcmillian?

Zach Randolph: It's OK.</div>

Now there's a ringing endorsement of Nate's coaching [​IMG]