Zach Randolph on Cavs Radar

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Shapecity, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: Newsday

It would be ironic if Randolph's contract in Cleveland ended up giving the Knicks the opportunity to sign LeBron James.

I don't think Randolph fits in at all with what Cleveland likes to do. He'd be a nice scoring option, but he doesn't play defense and that would limit is playing time because Mike Brown demands his guys play defense to stay on the court.

Randolph looks great in D'Antoni's wide open offense because he's playing center and the Knicks focus exclusively on offense.

Randolph's contract is toxic, he's getting $14.6 this year, $16M next season, & $17M in 2010.

2. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

cavs got enough defense.............if you can get him without giving up too much you do it.........randolph is an amazing talent who would benefit even more from bron and mo williams......cavs would be my pick to go all the way if they do this.

3. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Wouldn't the Cavs want to, you know, get better?

4. Shapecity

I completely disagree. When has Zach Randolph ever put a team over the top? He has a nice statline, but he doesn't impact the game because he's not an efficient scorer or rebounder and he's a liability on defense.

He's in the same mold as an Antoine Walker. Great statline with shitty results.

5. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

You really think there would be enough touches between LeBron, Mo Williams, and Randolph? None of those 3 are good defenders; Mo and Z-Bo are both subpar (euphemism for terrible).

6. The Dream

he's had shitty results, because he's been on shitty teams, lol......the guy is talented and I think he'd work well under Bron and Mike Brown.......the cavs on talent alone would be a 50 plus win team......I don't see how picking up randolph makes them worse......

stop sippin the espn juice, bron is a good defender....just as good as kobe if not better......the cavs have enough defense....and yes there would be enough touches, because Bron is an unselfish superstar who loves to get others involved. The cavs would be my pick to go all the way if they get this trade done without giving up too much..........

bottom line is I hate when guys get labeled as "cancers" because most of the time it's because they were on cancerous teams........being on a winning team changes a lot................

7. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Yeah I agree, if you score 18ppg but give up 25-30 on the defensive end it doesn't matter. Scrubs have career nights vs Z-bo. Then he has the nerve to complain about his role. :lol:

8. The Dream

the way team defenses are run now, you can afford to have a not so good defensive player on your team......and history has shown us that players not known for defense can improve vastly under a defensive minded coach................

9. Shapecity

Hasn't he warranted the label of being a team cancer? I remember they interviewed his high school coach and he said it's a blessing everyday for him to open the paper and NOT read Zach Randolph has been killed or in jail. He had so many run ins with the law in Portland. He got in a fight with Ruben Patterson and broke his eye socket.

I'd say the jury is still out LeBron's defense. He was awesome during the Olympics and he's more than capable of being a lock down defender, but it's hard to win games when you're responsible for being the #1 guy on offense and #1 guy on defense. If Mo Williams can help shoulder some of the offense, LeBron will be able to focus more energy on the defensive end.

10. The Dream

^^^^that's why the cavs need a SG.............

11. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Comparing Z-Bo to Antoine Walker is a compliment. At least Walker could help his team to the playoffs at one point as the 2nd best player.

12. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

if the cavs are stupid enough to trade for zach randolph, even if they get him for absolutely nothing, lebron is gone.

13. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

if you've watched basketball the past two years, the jury is definitely not out on lebron's defense.

he's a good defender. period. no reason for anyone to pretend otherwise.

14. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Sending (wait, trading) Zach Randolph to the Cavs would be awesome for the Nets if we have to wait another year or two to move to Brooklyn.