Zidane Comeback

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by RandomButter, Apr 19, 2007.

1. RandomButter

RandomButter DYC Chelsea 4 Life

I recently saw this on the interent, it is a article from 'Los Angeles Business':<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">'A report from FoxSports.com is saying the the Los Angeles Galaxy is making an effort to bring Zinedine Zidane out of retirement to join the team.

The rumors have been swirling on soccer-oriented Web sites that the club is looking to reunite Zidane with David Beckham. The two were teammates for Real Madrid from 2003-2006.
    Labelwriter

A Major League Soccer spokesperson told Sports Business Daily, a sister publication of Los Angeles Business from Bizjournals, that Zidane has not signed a deal to play in America. All MLS contracts are signed with the league, versus individual clubs, and that the necessary MLS personnel to make such a deal are currently on vacation.

Zidane retired from competitive soccer in 2006, with the 2006 FIFA World Cup being his final competitive tournament, as he played for the French national team. Zidane was ejected in the final match versus Italy when he headbutted Marco Materazzi in the 110th minute of the match.'</div>If this article is true, then I will be very dissapointed. Zinedine Zidane is far too good to go Los Angeles Galaxy. If he came back it would be mixed as to watch Zidane again would be amazing but I think it would be appropriate to end your career at the World Cup Final rather than a MLS League game to say Colorado Tornado (made it up). Zidane had a magnificent career that in my opinion would be less colorful if he played for LA Galaxy.

What do people think about this article?

2. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

I read this and his weekly wage will have to be like the cost of Bill Gates daily wage if LA Galaxy are going to lure him out of retirement... [​IMG] I remember when PLG took over Rangers he was trying to get Zidane to play for 1 year at Ibrox [​IMG]