Zito deal gives 126 million reasons why Johan Santana will be traded after 2007

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AdropOFvenom, Dec 30, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

2. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yankees could give Hughes, Sanchez, and Tabata for him and I would STILL love the deal.

3. iknobaer

iknobaer NFLC nflcentral.net Member

^^it will take a lot more hten that(and yes, i know who they are, i follow prospects big time)i doubt if Santana is traded it will be in teh AL

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Dec 30 2006, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^it will take a lot more hten that(and yes, i know who they are, i follow prospects big time)i doubt if Santana is traded it will be in teh AL</div>Hence why the Mets are such a perfect fit. We got the money and the 'spects [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 30 2006, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Dec 30 2006, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^it will take a lot more hten that(and yes, i know who they are, i follow prospects big time)i doubt if Santana is traded it will be in teh AL</div>Hence why the Mets are such a perfect fit. We got the money and the 'spects [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>Not to mention the major need for pitching.

6. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 30 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Dec 30 2006, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^it will take a lot more hten that(and yes, i know who they are, i follow prospects big time)i doubt if Santana is traded it will be in teh AL</div>Hence why the Mets are such a perfect fit. We got the money and the 'spects [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>question (and dont take this the wrong way) what prospects do you have besides Milledge...i havent heard any big names from your organization

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Carlos Gonzalez, and pretty much no one else.Don't worry though, Johan won't go. The Twins payroll has been increasing each year as they're young players are getting better and deserving of bigger contracts, but we still don't let them leave. We're not going to become the Yankees or Red Sox or anything and build our team (and payroll) via Free Agency, but our payroll will get bigger, because we'll continue to produce quality players through our system. We have the money to be a team like the Yankees, we just chose not to, but we will keep Johan. You're better off dreaming about Carlos Zambrano. We'll find a way to keep Johan through at least the 2010 season. So don't get your hopes up.

8. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='Nebkreb' post='79369' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:51 PM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='79337' date='Dec 30 2006, 12:34 PM'][quote name='iknobaer' post='79335' date='Dec 30 2006, 11:53 AM']^^it will take a lot more hten that(and yes, i know who they are, i follow prospects big time)i doubt if Santana is traded it will be in teh AL[/quote]Hence why the Mets are such a perfect fit. We got the money and the 'spects [​IMG] [​IMG][/quote]question (and dont take this the wrong way) what prospects do you have besides Milledge...i havent heard any big names from your organization[/quote]I'll let Baseball Prospecus answer that for you.
    Not to mention the Mets have tradeable players not listed there like Lastings Milledge and Aaron Heilman.

9. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I hope the Cubs can get him after his contract expires. Fantasy team in 2009:1. TheRiot (SS)2. Pie (CF)3. Derrek Lee (1B)4. Soriano (2B)5. Andruw Jones (RF)6. Dunn (LF)7. Aramis Ramirez (3B)8. Barrett &copy;9. PitcherRotation:ZambranoJohan SantanaHillMarshallLilly:drool:

10. Brooksie5

I'd take Hughes, Tabata, Shanchez, and maybe 1 or 2 more Yankee prospects over any of those 4. The only prospect that the Mets have that I think will amount to anything that good is Milledge. Heilman is fucking useless... he's not worth much at all anymore. He's already older than Johan, so he's definitely not much of a prospect, and he hasn't really ever "dominated". He's been pretty good, but nothing amazing.

11. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Dec 30 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd take Hughes, Tabata, Shanchez, and maybe 1 or 2 more Yankee prospects over any of those 4. The only prospect that the Mets have that I think will amount to anything that good is Milledge. Heilman is fucking useless... he's not worth much at all anymore. He's already older than Johan, so he's definitely not much of a prospect, and he hasn't really ever "dominated". He's been pretty good, but nothing amazing.</div>If Milledge was in the Yankees organization, we'd be consider him our 5th best prospect (with Melky included, 4th best with him not included).

12. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Dec 31 2006, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Dec 30 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd take Hughes, Tabata, Shanchez, and maybe 1 or 2 more Yankee prospects over any of those 4. The only prospect that the Mets have that I think will amount to anything that good is Milledge. Heilman is fucking useless... he's not worth much at all anymore. He's already older than Johan, so he's definitely not much of a prospect, and he hasn't really ever "dominated". He's been pretty good, but nothing amazing.</div>If Milledge was in the Yankees organization, we'd be consider him our 5th best prospect (with Melky included, 4th best with him not included).</div>Keep Dreaming. Yup. A top 10 Ranked Prospect in all of baseball would be Ranked 5th in the Yankees Organization. Suuuuuue. :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

13. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 31 2006, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Dec 31 2006, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Dec 30 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd take Hughes, Tabata, Shanchez, and maybe 1 or 2 more Yankee prospects over any of those 4. The only prospect that the Mets have that I think will amount to anything that good is Milledge. Heilman is fucking useless... he's not worth much at all anymore. He's already older than Johan, so he's definitely not much of a prospect, and he hasn't really ever "dominated". He's been pretty good, but nothing amazing.</div>If Milledge was in the Yankees organization, we'd be consider him our 5th best prospect (with Melky included, 4th best with him not included).</div>Keep Dreaming. Yup. A top 10 Ranked Prospect in all of baseball would be Ranked 5th in the Yankees Organization. Suuuuuue. :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:</div>Would I trade Melky for Milledge? NoWould I trade Hughes for Milledge? NoWould I trade Sanchez for Milledge? NoWould I trade Tabata for Milledge? Probably not.

14. Brooksie5

[quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='79428' date='Dec 31 2006, 12:37 PM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='79419' date='Dec 31 2006, 06:48 AM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='79409' date='Dec 31 2006, 12:34 AM'][quote name='Brooksie5' post='79390' date='Dec 30 2006, 07:44 PM']I'd take Hughes, Tabata, Shanchez, and maybe 1 or 2 more Yankee prospects over any of those 4. The only prospect that the Mets have that I think will amount to anything that good is Milledge. Heilman is fucking useless... he's not worth much at all anymore. He's already older than Johan, so he's definitely not much of a prospect, and he hasn't really ever "dominated". He's been pretty good, but nothing amazing.[/quote]If Milledge was in the Yankees organization, we'd be consider him our 5th best prospect (with Melky included, 4th best with him not included).[/quote]Keep Dreaming. Yup. A top 10 Ranked Prospect in all of baseball would be Ranked 5th in the Yankees Organization. Suuuuuue. :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:[/quote]Would I trade Melky for Milledge? NoWould I trade Hughes for Milledge? NoWould I trade Sanchez for Milledge? NoWould I trade Tabata for Milledge? Probably not.[/quote]That's your opinion... Milledge is better than all of the Yankee prospects except Hughes probably.

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Dec 31 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Dec 31 2006, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Would I trade Melky for Milledge? NoWould I trade Hughes for Milledge? NoWould I trade Sanchez for Milledge? NoWould I trade Tabata for Milledge? Probably not.</div>That's your opinion... Milledge is better than all of the Yankee prospects except Hughes probably.</div>Exactly.

16. DevinHester23

So, what do you guys think of that fantasy 2009 team? [​IMG]

17. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Dec 31 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So, what do you guys think of that fantasy 2009 team? [​IMG]</div>Other then the fact that you would have to spend more money then the Yankees do in a season, and you'd have nothing to trade for Santana while keeping Pie, Hill, and Marshall. It looks like a good team. In reality it has no chance of happening though. Why don't I just list the NL All-Stars as the Mets future potential lineup while I'm at it. :whistling:

18. DevinHester23

I meant we get Johan in FA after 2008, when his contract expires

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Jan 1 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I meant we get Johan in FA after 2008, when his contract expires</div>If they trade him, he will never hit FA. [​IMG]

20. DevinHester23

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Jan 1 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Jan 1 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I meant we get Johan in FA after 2008, when his contract expires</div>If they trade him, he will never hit FA. [​IMG]</div>We don't know for sure