Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by ohiostfbfan, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ohiostfbfan

ohiostfbfan BBW Member

i think its time to trade Z. our entire team is built to be up-tempo.....except for Z. we need do get a center that can defend and rebound and an sf who can shoot the 3

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Devean George for the SF maybe..I agree, you need a quicker Center, but I dont know if trading Z immediately is the right move. You shouldn't do anything stupid. He is a valuable Center, so dont trade him for sh*t.

3. ohiostfbfan

ohiostfbfan BBW Member

it would be nice if he started off the season really well and boost his trade value.

4. durgn22

durgn22 BBW Member

What would we get in return if we traded him. We would obviously need another C. However, we could not even get close value to him at the center position. Z is one of the last "back to the basket" post players left. He is also very capable of spotting up from 15-18 and making the jumpshot. Defensively, he is a presence in the paint. Not always getting the block, but he does alter quite a few attempts. I think his rebounding #'s would have been a bit higher last season, but Drew, Donyell, and Anderson V had pretty decent rebounding numbers as well. He is a very good offensive rebounder however.The only way i would give up Z, is to get ONE player in return that gives me all the same qualities. There are a few out there, but none that will be dealt by their teams.

5. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

6. ohiostfbfan

ohiostfbfan BBW Member

if camby and martin stop getting injured all the time this might work. could andre miller be a part of this trade?

7. Hughes2James23

Hughes2James23 BBW Member

First of all, we would not be where we are without Z. 2nd, how many times have you seen Ben Wallace, Shaquille O'Neal, Amare Stoudemire ect. run the fast break, the fast break wasnt meant to include Centers. Its for guards and forwards to score an easy layup, not a slam from a C.