Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Drake24, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

Is getting on my nerves. Let's look at the pros and cons of this man:Pros:Tall7'3"Soft touchcan hit the 15 footergreat free throw shooterCons:SlowNot the greatest foot work (mainly because he is slow)doesn't box out muchcan't rebound if the ball isn't in arm's reachSlowNot much defensive pressence (aside from being 7'3")No blocking ability (aside from being 7'3")ContractBald spotWhen it comes down to it, the cons out way the pros. I am not saying I want to get rid of him, I am saying I wish we could cut his contract. The point of this thread is mainly just so I can complain and others can voice their opinions about Big Z. I like him, but his playing ability can really, really, get on my nerves. Like last night against the Knicks. WHY IS HE SO SLOW?

2. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Ilgauskas has been on a hot streak the past 2-3 games on offense that is. Defense, plan and simple Cleveland needs a defensive big. Gooden can't play defense to save his life, Z just gets blown away, and the bench only has Anderson who is only good for taking charges. We need to buy a draft pick this season or find a way to get a big man that can play some defense this off season. Sadly I don't see this team going far unless we have one, but I will always have the faith we can. Z is soft, he needs to dunk a lot more. The only players that dunk are James and Gooden. Sasha dunks once in a while, Hughes used to dunk all the time but just doesn't want to get hurt before the playoffs, and we all know LeBron James. Ilgauskas is gonna be huge come playoff time because we are going to need a big that can score and get more rebounds for this team. Gooden is only used for one thing and that is offense and getting offensive boards. As for the rest of the defense, it just needs to get back on track.