ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by elcheato, Jan 7, 2007.

1. elcheato

elcheato BBW Member

Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I dunno but it seems to me maybe Z did bad becuase of the new ball. I mean the old ball just came back and he is doing great. Hitting shots and doing it all. I just hope he can keep it up. He is a good player and I hate to see him do bad and get bad talked because he is a good player and will go down as one of the best Cavaliers and will have his number retired. I wish him the best of luck for the whole season. I have been behind him the whole way. <span style="color:#FF0000">Go Cavs!</span>

2. Vicki842

Vicki842 BBW Member

I must agree, I really like Z.And everyone is dogging him because he has bad feet. He has contributed alot throughout the years but, let's face it, he may just be getting too old to do the things he used to do. However, he does still have that inside presence where on a good day he'll box out and cause opponents lots of problems. I wish him good luck for the season too...

3. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

The problem with Z is, he relies to much on his height. The truth of the matter is, Z is only a good shot blocker because he is 7'3". He doesn't have the "Shot blocking X-Factor" that the Camby's, Zo's, and Wallace's do. Z isn't quick off his feet, which is a problem. He usually won't get rebounds unless the ball is near him. And half of his huge hustle plays are off mistakes he is trying to make up for (example, he drops the ball off his knee, so he dives after it). But don't get me wrong, I am not trying to belittle the guy here, I really like him and I think he is great. There are a lot of things I don't happen to like about him though, like how he doesn't take full advantage of his height (example, against the T-Wolves' 6'7" Craig Smith. Z is doing fade-away jumpers one-on-one)and like how he kills us on pick-and-rolls defensively. There are a lot of great things about him though, being 7'3", soft shot, nice arsenal of shots at his disposal, things like that. With all this being said, the point I am finally am going to come down to is, it is about time he started playing good compared to the start of the season. We don't over pay him to sit the bench and have AV or Marshall take his place. The 76er game in December was the real "Season coming out party" for him though, and that was awhile ago. So although the new/old ball had to affected him, I don't think it was the reason.

4. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

I really like Z a lot too.I don't think the problem was that the new ball was making him a bad player, but he was still trying to get use to the new found "O". I really hope Z, Drew, and Hughes can keep up the work they been doing threw out the whole season. When they click, it makes it so easy for them to score and with having LeBron James on your team. It's just going to get more and more easy.

5. LeBronJamez

LeBronJamez BBW Member

Before the old ball came back, Big Z was still playing well near the end of December. We cannot put the blame on the ball. You can just say that LeBron is playing horribly right now because the old ball came back. For crying out loud, he had an 8 point game and 19 the one after.. Is it the balls fault? I think it's a matter of the new offense Mike Brown installed, not the ball. The good thing is we're learning to stop relying so much on LeBron to do everything.I remembered when we were a one man team last season when LeBron carried the entire load with the absence of Hughes.. We would tend to lose games where LeBron struggles. Right now, we are a much more superior team and everyone is being more utilized.. So instead of having all career lows for our players, it should at least be in the middle range. Regardless of LeBron struggling, we are still winning.

6. Vicki842

Vicki842 BBW Member

Jamez!?!?! My first love!!! :wub:Hi Baby, I am just sooo excited to see you posting here. I hope you can post more often. I miss you! {Back to topic}Coming off the bench, Andy has alot more energy. He is not afraid to use his body drawing offensive fouls. Z starting, may not be a bad thing. He blocks shots and scores. Occasionally, we'll get an impresive 20+ plus point game from him. He is still a factor. Plus he makes A.V. work harder.

7. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Well, he had a killer game agaisnt the celtics, but that is when a much smaller Jefferson was guarding him for the majority of the game. I think that going back to the old ball has definitely helped him out alot. He just seemed out of it with the old ball......Glad to see improvement out of him.

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I just got this topic title. At a glance, I thought it was about sleeping. I can't comment on how Z's been doing with the microfiber ball compared to the leather ball. But if his play continues, than it may show evidence of this being the case. Or he was just having an off first half.Also, I was kind of surprized to hear elcheato mention Big Z having his jersey retired by the Cavs. Has he really done a lot for the franchise to receive that kind of honor? I have to disagree.

9. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Jan 8 2007, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also, I was kind of surprized to hear elcheato mention Big Z having his jersey retired by the Cavs. Has he really done a lot for the franchise to receive that kind of honor? I have to disagree.</div>Z has been the heart and soul of this ball club in all of his years. And besides LeBron James, he still is. Big Z is very big for the Cavaliers. IMO, if he played like he has been and keep his D up, he could be top 5 in the NBA in centers. Z should have his Jersey retired, hands down.

10. BrownieCakes

BrownieCakes BBW Member

I agree with cavs. Z has been the core of the team when Ricky Davis and D Miles where in C-Town.

11. LeYipster

LeYipster BBW Member

Z isn't bad, it's just he doesn't get the ball enough. Snow and hughs can't get the ball to him because there not good passers so LeBron needs to give it to Z and he need his share of points.If we get a a pg who can pass we'd be great.

12. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeYipster @ Jan 10 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Z isn't bad, it's just he doesn't get the ball enough. Snow and hughs can't get the ball to him because there not good passers so LeBron needs to give it to Z and he need his share of points.If we get a a pg who can pass we'd be great.</div>Snow and Hughes can pass the ball. Thats not the problem.Z just can't score as well as you think. He is a guy that can hit the the Jumper when open and can really get going when needed.Cavaliers do need a PG that can be a better scorer. Wonder if they will make a deal...