The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have locked up two players who transformed into key components of their defence in 2010. The club announced Monday it has signed defensive back Alex Suber and linebacker Clint Kent to contract extensions. "Being able to lock up two more pieces of our defense ensures consistency throughout our team for many years," said Vice-President of Football Operations and General Manager Joe Mack in a press release. "Both players bring a lot to not only our defense, but on special teams where they excelled as well. Clint and Alex will only get better as the years go by." Kent, the 27-year-old former Montreal Alouette, started the year at defensive back before replacing Ike Charlton at linebacker. He finished 10th in the league in tackles with 77 and also added two sacks, four pass knockdowns, one fumble return and 13 special teams tackles. "I’m looking forward to returning to Winnipeg and picking up where we left off last year," said Kent. "Our defense will only get better and I feel as though we’ve got all the tools necessary to be a competitive team next season." Suber was solid in his rookie season registering 51 tackles, three pass knockdowns, two fumble returns and 11 special teams tackles. Read more: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bombers-sign-Suber-and-Kent-113208709.html