A heretical thought / And something about Orlando

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Bingo Bango, May 24, 2023.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

So do you think Dame is lying? The things he has said are lies. He's just posturing and he'll back down if the Blazers call his bluff? Does that sound at all like Damian Lillard?

2. Natebishop3

I'm just giving my thoughts man. You need to calm down.

I have been consistent in my train of thought.

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

interesting....you consider your thinking as a train

I consider my thinking as in a recliner with beer in one hand, a remote in the other, and a coma a strong possibility

choo choo!

4. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    You're quoting him answering a specific question that was going to give you a specific answer but not necessarily or even likely a complete, accurate one. And, again, the absolutes you see in his answers are only there because YOU want to see that.

As I said above, Dame was answering a specific question. It wasn't like he was asked a broad question and went there on his own and essentially put a gun to the team's head. His answers don't do anything to indicate he's going to force a trade if Cronin doesn't trade the third pick for a vet. They don't say he's cemented to a stance. They say it's something he'd like. They don't eliminate the possibility that there are other avenues that he would accept because winning a championship somewhere supercedes his desire to compete for a championship in Portland.

And, no, that's not the answer I was looking for, though it's kind of disappointingly what I expected from the path you've chosen to take this discussion. The one thing your response does show pretty clearly, though, is that you have a problem seeing things in more than two ways, that you struggle with analogy and that you get overly emotional about things that you only know a small amount about.

5. Natebishop3

[​IMG]

6. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    There is no train your thought, Nate. It's just a spot. You are stuck in a spot that you can't defend or define. It lacks reason, insight or any kind of broad or reasonable thinking, and, you just repeat it over and over and over as if that's going to make it true in your head.

7. Natebishop3

That is YOUR interpretation. You said I was absolutely wrong, but you only THINK I'm wrong. You have literally zero evidence to disprove my point. And that has been my point from the beginning. The only factual evidence we have is actual comments from Dame. Everything else you're saying is conjecture. You have nothing factual to go off of. So all we can do is speculate, and I'm fine debating speculation, but you came out and just said flatly that I'm wrong. Well..... you don't know that.

8. Natebishop3

You don't have insight. You have speculation. You said that there might be other things that are more important to Dame than winning, but you don't have any evidence of that. I have said multiple times in multiple places that Dame is getting older and someone's point of view can change when they age. So when Dame comes out and says something, I tend to listen because Dame is not someone to blow smoke. He doesn't talk just to talk. He is very big on loyalty and following through.

I have defended. I have defined. Just because you don't agree with my reasoning doesn't mean there isn't any.

Give me one shred of evidence supporting your position. Just one.

9. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    That's either intellectually dishonest on your part or just a sign of incredible blindness.

I've said multiple times that Dame can say all of those things but they don't present the full picture you are trying to present them as.

It's neither posturing or pressuring the Blazers. It was a direct answer to a specific question that didn't address a lot of other related issues.

You've chosen for whatever reason to pretend that's not the case, now you just keep spamming the board repeating the same posts that aren't even touching on the stuff I brought up.

I'm disappointed in you, actually. You've gotten me to post multiple times in different ways where your thought process is flawed. At first, I presumed maybe you just missed it, but now it looks like you just enjoy having people read you covering your ears like a 3-year-old yelling the same thing over and over and over so you don't have to eat your vegetables. But, I guess not thinking and getting overly emotional make a lot of people resort to playing ignorance. That's your look of choice, so be it.

10. Natebishop3

Such as?

Such as?

You post a lot of white noise. I debate the topics. You seem to like to try to pull it out and talk about the meta of the discussion. I don't care if you think I'm infantile. I think you have yet to present even one reasonable argument.

11. Natebishop3

What bits and pieces did I discard?

What vital information did I exclude?

What actions?

Such as? What other things does Dame value more than winning? And how do you know that he values them? I want proof.

12. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    Ahh, so that's it. Your feelings got hurt.

Is Damian Lillard still a Trail Blazer? Has he requested a trade? Has Lillard ever said something halfway? Was he answering specific or general questions? Has Dame said over and over that he wants to finish his career in Portland? Has he built a big home in Portland? Has he made businesses in Portland?

All those things are evidence, Nate.

Of course, the most interesting thing in your post is now you're admitting interpretation, which, by extension, finally is a tacit admission that you only are interpreting Dame's comments.

The difference is that you're interpreting them in a very narrow way that 1) completely ignores Dame's history, his personal character, and the potential that Damian Lillard, like pretty much every person I've ever met, has more than one aspiration that might become difficult to achieve because of his other objectives and 2) you KNOW what is most important to him by (checks notes) a handful of random, sometimes partial, and out-of-context quotes.

For you to be right, everything you assume about Dame and what he said would have to be exactly as you're presenting it. You'd have to ignore a lot of other things he's said and done along with the basic differences in the motivations of human beings. It's not completely impossible, it's just unlikely in the most extreme of extremes.

Phatguysrule and tykendo like this.
  13. Natebishop3

He can't be traded until July, so requesting a trade is irrelevant right now.

We haven't had the draft.

We haven't had free agency.

Why would Dame request a trade? If the request was going to come, it would be in a couple months. Your lack of evidence is not evidence in itself.

He said that he doesn't want another 19 year old, he wants to go for it, and he thinks we have the assets to go get pieces to help us win. He still feels that way. We don't know yet if Joe Cronin agrees with him, or if the Blazers will just take the pick and continue to straddle two timelines. We haven't gotten to the put-up-or-shut-up moment for Dame yet. If those are your "actions," you're a little early.

lamlor likes this.
  14. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm assuming Simons would be traded for a better fit at SOME point. But point taken.

15. Phatguysrule

I don't see Boston doing that deal. It cuts their championship windows way down. And I don't see Dame wanting anything to do with that deal either. If he were going to play with Brown and Tatum I could see it being somewhat appealing to him... But that's not going to happen.

I think we're more likely to add a star to Dame than we are to add 2 stars by trading Dame.

RoCo wasn't good at what we brought him here to do. Norm was a horrible fit from the start. That's not legit value, IMO. That's what we refer to as a CF. And we have much better assets to send out than we had when we made those deals.

16. Phatguysrule

He said he wants to be top 4 in the conference. That's within our reach this coming season, IMO, depending on what Cronin can put together.

17. Natebishop3

I don't think Boston could afford Dame/Brown/Tatum. That contract that Brown wants will be insane. But I would think that pairing Dame and Tatum would give them a very legit chance at a ring.

Depends on the star I guess. And unfortunately all stars are not created equal.

RoCo was pretty good his first year. He fell off a cliff his second season. Norm was played out of position at small forward. Nance was never healthy. But regardless of whether those guys worked out, we PAID for them like they were going to work out.

18. Natebishop3

Who are your current top 4 and what would it take to get into that top 4? Here is the standings at the end of the season.

upload_2023-6-7_16-35-35.png

19. Phatguysrule

I agree about Boston not being able to get there. I'm not sure it gets Boston closer than bringing legit 4 here gets us.

And nobody is advocating for bringing in guys to play out of position or who are injury prone. We have better assets to offer and a different GM now (who presumably isn't married to an imbalanced roster).

20. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

lol, going out on a cheap shot, classy! Enjoy living in pretend land fan boy

STOMP

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Phatguysrule likes this.