Allen Iverson's FG % to go up...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by MVPlaya, Dec 12, 2003.

1. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

I'm predicting that Iverson's FG% will go up now that G-Rob is back in the line up. He now has help from a player that can make a big impact with a team. He can dish out when he doesn't have a shot rather than try to create it. He has many more options now and look for his Assists to go up.

Take a look at this:

Iverson shot well every game that G-Rob played and got out around 7-10 assists.

We'll just have to wait and see, they're next game is against the Jazz on Sunday and look out for a preview from me.

2. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

At the start of the season he shot very well (fg-.44% [​IMG] ) but after other players that can score started to get the injury bug his fg went down.
    I hope that his fg.% will get better.

3. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

he didn't shoot very good last night. that game was horrible. what a waste of money.

4. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kvh4fan:</div><div class="quote_post">he didn't shoot very good last night. that game was horrible. what a waste of money.</div>
    You went to the game?

Yea he had an off night along with the rest of the team. You see G-Rob didn't shoot to well either but theres no excuse. Nuggets are just a great TEAM... can't take away anythin from them.

5. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">You went to the game?

Yea he had an off night along with the rest of the team. You see G-Rob didn't shoot to well either but theres no excuse. Nuggets are just a great TEAM... can't take away anythin from them.</div>

I think she has season tickets. Anyway, everyone looks at the Nugs as a bad team since last year they were horrible. Would everyone just take the time to look at the Standings for the NBA League on NBA.com. The Nuggets lead the Midwest! Sounds crazy, but true. They are a whole different team and they arent the team anymore that we can say "Easy game, we will win."

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

AI's FG% will never likely change he will always shoot around 40% throughout his career.Unless he plays with a bigman like Shaq.However we all know that won't happen.Playing with Robinson won't increase his FG%.

7. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">AI's FG% will never likely change he will always shoot around 40% throughout his career.Unless he plays with a bigman like Shaq.However we all know that won't happen.Playing with Robinson won't increase his FG%.</div>
    I would like to see you prove me wrong.

how i'm correct about the games G-Rob played and his FG% just went up... but you can call it luck. We'll see what happens...

8. Butter

To tell the truth, I dont think any player we have or get in the future will affect Allen's FG%. His his shooting, his practice to make the shots. Maybe if he gets better at getting open even though he is incredible at it now, it will set up wide open shots that have to be made. I think it is just a matter of practice.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">I would like to see you prove me wrong.

how i'm correct about the games G-Rob played and his FG% just went up... but you can call it luck. We'll see what happens...</div>

Robinson has played 5 games so far this season I believe.Iverson FG% has been

11-20
    9-24
    11-21
    15-30
    6-22

Hardly a huge improvement,He will always have some games where he shoots amazing.AI will never change the way he plays which means lower FG%.Not a knock on him It's just the way he plays.

10. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

11. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Robinson has played 5 games so far this season I believe.Iverson FG% has been

11-20
    9-24
    11-21
    15-30

6-22

Hardly a huge improvement,He will always have some games where he shoots amazing.AI will never change the way he plays which means lower FG%.Not a knock on him It's just the way he plays.</div>

Are you blind?

Thats 44.4 %. He always shoots around 40 %. Its also his height that causes his shot to be off but 44.4 percent is great. If he shot 44.4 percent, he would be top 50 in the league in FG %, and thats great for him.

Ain't nobody gettin [​IMG] in here besides allnet and KING JAMES cuz allnet need to do a little more research, and King James came in here without any purpose instead of tryin to bait. Well proved you both wrong, its ok tho boys, [​IMG]

<font size="3">NOT MEANT FOR BAIT</font>

Oh yea and KING JAMES, maybe you can contribute somethin useful to this forum? To me your just useless and go around tryin to bait (it don't work)... it don't matter tho, everyone will always know you biased towards LeBron James more than he is of HIMSELF. You should also take a look at this:
    [​IMG]

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you blind?

Thats 44.4 %. He always shoots around 40 %. Its also his height that causes his shot to be off but 44.4 percent is great. If he shot 44.4 percent, he would be top 50 in the league in FG %, and thats great for him.

Ain't nobody gettin [​IMG] in here besides allnet and KING JAMES cuz allnet need to do a little more research, and King James came in here without any purpose instead of tryin to bait. Well proved you both wrong, its ok tho boys, [​IMG]
    </div>

Clearly you didn't read my post.I said AI is bound to have a few very good shooting night as thats the way he plays.Playing with Glenn Robinson has nothing to do with him shooting the ball better.Big dog is hardly a guy who will create double teams.Iverson will never be anything more than a 40/41% shooter.You can't judge him on just 5 games with big dog.However I decided to post his FG% anyway to show everyone what he has been doing.It proved that AI will shoot great as well as having bad nights from the field .I need to do more research? nope....You need to actually read what I posted and understand it.

You baiting two mods will not get you far here.

13. Butter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Its also his height that causes his shot to be off but 44.4 percent is great. </div>

Your kidding me, right? His height has NO affect of his FG%. I dont even need to explain about that to you. Youd maybe notice if you critically thought about. Psh, height-FG%? Give me a break.

14. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Clearly you didn't read my post.I said AI is bound to have a few very good shooting night as thats the way he plays.Playing with Glenn Robinson has nothing to do with him shooting the ball better.Big dog is hardly a guy who will create double teams.Iverson will never be anything more than a 40/41% shooter.You can't judge him on just 5 games with big dog.However I decided to post his FG% anyway to show everyone what he has been doing.It proved that AI will shoot great as well as having bad nights from the field .I need to do more research? nope....You need to actually read what I posted and understand it.

You baiting two mods will not get you far here.</div>
    It ain't mean to bait any mod...

And me understand your post? Do you realize your second post was twice the size of your first? As I said we'll see, you don't think it will go up with Big Dogg, but I say it will...

Your right, you can't jusdge on just 5 games, but Iverson has never played with someone with talent like Glenn Robinson. 13-23 in last years all-star game, 9-21 (43%) 2 years ago when he got MVP in the all-star game, and 2 years ago he shot 2-9 [​IMG] in the all-star game. See so he shot 45%. Glenn Robinson isn't as good as he was a couple years ago, but I think he'll be a factor to AI's game.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Your kidding me, right? His height has NO affect of his FG%. I dont even need to explain about that to you. Youd maybe notice if you critically thought about. Psh, height-FG%? Give me a break.</div>

Aight so your gonna tell me, if he was 6-6 he couldn't create shots easier? Don't bring me this BS man know what your talkin about.

Look at Kobe, you think if he was 6'0 he could still create the shots he gets now at his height?

15. Butter

Yeah sure. Its all about speed and getting open. Making plays. Height isnt a factor.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">It ain't mean to bait any mod...

And me understand your post? Do you realize your second post was twice the size of your first? As I said we'll see, you don't think it will go up with Big Dogg, but I say it will...</div>

Whats has how big my post was got to do with anything? I was pulling out stats of what AI has done with Robinson It wasn't meant to prove you wrong or not.I would like nothing more for AI's FG% to go up.He is one of my favourite players.I hate it when people down him just because of the % he shoots.

17. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Answer:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah sure. Its all about speed and getting open. Making plays. Height isnt a factor.</div>
    Height isn't a factor? Man are you even usin your head?

EARL BOYKINS. Look how small he is, he shoots 42.6%, but you think he can create shots every game?

Please, the NBA is about height. (in most cases :mrgreen: )

I edited my post... so check it out again.

18. MVPlaya

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Whats has how big my post was got to do with anything? I was pulling out stats of what AI has done with Robinson It wasn't meant to prove you wrong or not.I would like nothing more for AI's FG% to go up.He is one of my favourite players.I hate it when people down him just because of the % he shoots.</div>
    I'm just sayin that you told me I should have understood your post more, but in the second post you extended it out and added these extra things. So basically i'm just sayin, you should have clarified it a little more in the first post, nothin personal.

Yea I do hate it when people downgrade him because his %... also he is gettin to the line this year.

19. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

ok, you want to be serious? I can go there.

You want to be a mod, and this is the way you act? This is a complete joke and the reason why you won't ever be a mod here.

Plain and simple, you are terrible.

You might as well pack your bags and hit some other board. Want some links? IM me, I would be glad to refer you to some other board so you can be their head case.

I will thank you though, I did change my name, and you still call me the King, thanks again.

<font size="1"><font color="Red">(anyone edit this and die)</font></font>

20. Butter

Im not eveing arguing on such a rediculous topic. Height-FG%. No effect on each other.