Amare: Spurs Are a Dirty Team

Discussion in 'San Antonio Spurs' started by Mr. J, May 11, 2007.

1. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

If I were Ray Allen in that last video I would've punched him in the face.

2. djdiggydiggy

djdiggydiggy JBB JustBBall Member

I just don't know how Bowen isn't suspended for the rest of the playoffs after those displays. Something is rotten in Denmark...wait, this is the NBA Playoffs, crap, I forgot...we should all expect shoddy officiating, horrible league rulings, and undiscipline...NBA Action!!!

3. unbeliever

unbeliever JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">djdiggydiggy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I just don't know how Bowen isn't suspended for the rest of the playoffs after those displays. Something is rotten in Denmark...wait, this is the NBA Playoffs, crap, I forgot...we should all expect shoddy officiating, horrible league rulings, and undiscipline...NBA Action!!!</div>

The mismanagement of the league is part of why my interest in bball has waned lately. Suns are doing as well as ever, but it's just too frustrating to watch any game when the officiating gets so bad (both ways, I think everyone just wants it to be fair) and then you have all the bullshit like the dress code and other stuff that takes away from the whole point of the game. Hopefully something will be done to get things back on track.

4. worldchamps9903

worldchamps9903 JBB JustBBall Member

truth is suns fans will use this as a excuse for when they lose in 6. watch. so i guess its okay for amare stoudawhiner to lay out finley with his ass, or for shawn 'girl shot' marion to poke manu in the eye, but when bowen does it its illegal. nobody told nash to be all on bowens nuts. someone should have told the guy its a little too late in your career to try and play defense. go back to your run and gun offense nash cause you can't play defense. funny how you suns fans talk about being dirty when that prick raja bell is even worse. remember when he laid out kobe with a clothesline? oh i forget you probably don't seeing how the fans are trained to forget previous disappointing seasons.

5. jbbDowntown

jbbDowntown JBB JustBBall Member

He laid out Kobe because he deserved it. Kobe deserves to be laid out every game. But that's a different topic. Raja did that blatantly and took the suspension and fine for it. Manu and Bowen go and play dirty and nearly injure players almost every play, and the worse they get is a foul ever once in a while. Marion poking Manu's eye was completely accidental as he was reaching for the ball. Kicking Amare in the back of the foot was just a cheap dirty play, and kneeing Nash in the nuts was just as bad. But I don't want them suspended now. Maybe to start next season. Right now I want them to have a front row seat to the Suns continued championship run.

6. Fiyah

Fiyah JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Downtown Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He laid out Kobe because he deserved it. Kobe deserves to be laid out every game. But that's a different topic. Raja did that blatantly and took the suspension and fine for it. Manu and Bowen go and play dirty and nearly injure players almost every play, and the worse they get is a foul ever once in a while. Marion poking Manu's eye was completely accidental as he was reaching for the ball. Kicking Amare in the back of the foot was just a cheap dirty play, and kneeing Nash in the nuts was just as bad. But I don't want them suspended now. Maybe to start next season. Right now I want them to have a front row seat to the Suns continued championship run.</div>

See I could agree with you if it wasn't for the blatant hypocrisy. Kobe deserves to be laid out?! Jeesus...

7. amador08

amador08 JBB JustBBall Member

Suns need to toughen up and stop crying to the media in my IMO, if they do not then Spurs are gonna take the series and in my opinion win the championship. The suns are not a very physical and tough team though so I do not really expect them to stop complaining, but they should try to be as physical if not more physical then the spurs.

8. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">worldchamps9903 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">gee bowen and ginobili injure players on every play? who got hurt? i know your being a sarcastic prick but don't hate son. three rings to none.</div>

Wow, you got blindfolds on? I guess Ray Allen and Steve Francis injured themselves.

9. worldchamps9903

worldchamps9903 JBB JustBBall Member

gee bowen and ginobili injure players on every play? who got hurt? <u>i know your being a sarcastic prick </u>but don't hate son. three rings to none.

seeing how francis and allen don't have rings, i can see your frustration.

<font color=""Red"">These are really unproductive posts, man. Don't personally attack people and fall back on past titles as the only arguments you make in a debate. Thanks - Schaddy</font>

10. jbbDowntown

<div class="quote_poster">amador08 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Suns need to toughen up and stop crying to the media in my IMO, if they do not then Spurs are gonna take the series and in my opinion win the championship. The suns are not a very physical and tough team though so I do not really expect them to stop complaining, but they should try to be as physical if not more physical then the spurs.</div>

They try to be half as physical and the refs call them on everything. The Spurs throw people around and they get called for nothing. It's just not the Suns style to be physical. If they do that, it prevents them from running. It's like asking a Corvette to out-tow a trailer. It's not gonna happen, but the 'vette will outrun it and look better.

11. scorbutic

scorbutic JBB JustBBall Member

Amare made a statement, he didn't cry, there was no whining about it like when Duncan or any Spur gets a rare foul called on them. He made a statement most people here and every NBA player agrees with, Bowen is dirty.

Raja was blatent in his clothesline, plus it wasn't going to injure Kobe, only send a message about Kobe's constant elbowing. I don't consider that dirty, dirty is when a player tries to break another person's ankle or getting under a player when he's up in the air, then pretend they didn't do anything. That's cheap and causes a lot of injuries, Bell's never injured anybody, even Kobe says he's not dirty, he's just a tough player who doesn't like being elbowed in the head.

Nash hasn't said a word about Bowen's cheapshot to the groin, so he's not "whining", so why are you whining about him whining when he's not whining? Amare said one true statement and that's consider whining because Spurs fans can't take the truth, cause they can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!

It's hard not to use the refs being paid off as an excuse because an 8 on 5 game is a bit unfair, trust me when I say Spurs fans would be whining WAYYYYY more than Suns fans if it were the other way. I'd never see the end of the "Refs are getting even for Crawford" posts. Oh wait, you already started in the "Tim Duncan Backlash?" post [​IMG]

12. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

I don't even think the fact that Bowen is dirty is debatable. He is. Period. 99.9% of basketball fans would agree with me. The fact that Parker and Ginobili are little bitches who flop around like rag-dolls is only held by about 95% of basketball fans, but I guess the remaining 5% consisting of Spurs fans (or just fans of boring basketball and the regression of the nBA) could put up a weak argument stating otherwise. Duncan is the only member of that organization worth anything.

13. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

Hmm, who just saw that by Horry?

14. scorbutic

scorbutic JBB JustBBall Member

They were 22 seconds away from a good clean game... some habits die hard.

15. unbeliever

unbeliever JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">scorbutic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">They were 22 seconds away from a good clean game... some habits die hard.</div>

That's why I'm starting to think it's encouraged (at least tacitly) by Popabitch.

16. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Horry proves that the Spurs are a clean team. Way to go!

17. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

I've played against ppl similar to Bowen. But thank god dudes never put their foot under mines as I came down. Anyways Bowen is a player that u wouldn't mind giving a Liu Kang flying kick to. That's what I think about when ppl grab my frickin shirt after I get by them.

18. jbbDowntown

Yeah, I hate playing with dirty defenders. But on the street you can give them a good elbow to the chest and they'll back off. In the NBA that gets you kicked out of the game.

19. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

I’ve seen more than enough of Bowen to have an opinion on this garbage. Every time it’s the same thing. You get some subtle action which amounts to a dirty play. Then the opposing player recognizes it and comes back pissed. This is accompanied by the “who me? I’m a nice guy” act by Bowen which Stu Jackson seems to love for some reason.

You’d think by the 30th time they saw it they might catch on. Stu Jackson has quite the learning curve.

20. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Dear NBA,

Please suspend Robert Horry. If you were smart, you would not suspend Amare and Diaw for leaving the benches because if the Spurs win game 5, this series is pretty much over.

Furthermore, if those two don't play, get ready for another craptacular Spurs-Pistons series. I love Tim Duncan and watching him play, but a Spurs/Pistons series is boring to the point that people didn't even watch thier GAME 7 from two years ago.

LET AMARE PLAY.