Politics Are Republicans the actual ‘snowflakes’?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MickZagger, Apr 1, 2024.

1. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I agree with everything you say. But in this world they’re all around the place. I mean shit my first thought when I find out someone supports Trump is that this person is more dumb than I thought they were to begin with. But there’s plenty and the guy got elected as president which says a lot about our country.

Moral of story, if I find out someone is a Trump supporter do I instantly dislike that person? No. That’s what media and politicians want. To divide and conquer.

2. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

You ever think people are more complex than that? Like maybe they have a million thoughts, wants, dreams, needs and experiences that you don’t understand because you’ve never seen the world through their eyes, nor have they seen it through yours? And trying to distill that down into two groups of living, breathing fellow humans that you can or cannot associate with is kind of ridiculous?

3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

You're saying that since I don't understand what Trump supporters have gone thru it's "ridiculous"? Right on man...... My family and I won't have to understand....we'll keep living our lives loving others. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

RR7 and Phatguysrule like this.
  4. THE HCP

And if the worst part about us is we accept those different from us, I hope the world can learn to accept me and my family.

Voodoo, RR7 and Phatguysrule like this.
  5. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

It's interesting to me that you automatically assume that all Trump supporters also support hatred and bigotry. Do you find it unfathomable that someone could find his rhetoric and character abhorrent, yet still believe his policies to be the best for this country?

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  6. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

What policies? Muslim ban? Mass deportation? Shooting Black Lives Matter protesters? Telling Jews we hate our religion if we don't support him? Outlawing abortion? Banning trans people? His policies are hateful and bigoted.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  7. THE HCP

I don’t really know how to answer this…. If the man you support stands up there and is guilty of everything in @crandc ’s above post and you VOTED FOR HIM…..I just don’t know how to finish this sentence. How can what he has done and said, be what’s “BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY”?

noknobs and Phatguysrule like this.
  8. THE HCP

My family hasn’t woken up to a daily barrage of racist/homophobic messages and tweets and interviews and rallys of hate in 4 years….. in MY opinion, THAT’S WHAT’S BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY!
    I could give a fuck about the price of gas…. I don’t need nutjobs fired up by this Nazi grabbing their guns and hitting the streets to take over the capital…..THAT NOT HAPPENING IS WHAT’S BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY!

9. THE HCP

My bad… those weren’t Trump supporters who did that.

10. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I didn't say they are. I simply asked if it's possible that someone might (incorrectly) believe that they are without also being a hateful bigot. I guess it just seems incredibly judgmental to me to assume that everyone who voted for a particular person has the same deplorable social views.

11. THE HCP

It's VERY judgmental of me! I JUDGE who I let be a part of my family's life, damn right I do.
    Put it this way, if they are THAT naive and foolish to see everything that person has said and how he treats others and STILL vote for him regardless if they agree with his racist hateful policies as a goof.....I don't need them in my life in any way whatsoever. Didn't quite understand your question, hope I answered it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    RR7 likes this.
  12. THE HCP

Question to you.....you believe there are people out there that voted for Trump, but don't have the same views as him?

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Yes. Unfathomable.

Everything Beagle likes this.
  14. Everything Beagle

Everything Beagle Well-Known Member

It's mostly white.

crandc likes this.
  15. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    not just incredibly judgmental. Also incredibly arrogant and ignorant at the same time. As if others know what others think and believe, without having those direct conversations with those they judge..

16. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

If someone in Israel said they are voting for Netanyahu for other policies, it is reasonable and justified to say that person also has responsibility for slaughter in Gaza.

Is someone is voting for Trump because they want tax cuts for the rich they are also responsible for outlawing abortion, overturning marriage equality, banning books and cutting social security. Because those are stated aims.

THE HCP and RR7 like this.
  17. jonnyboy

You are writing off half the country as bigots because of a political choice they could’ve made for any number of reasons. You are blanket-judging millions of people you know nothing about and then actually trying to claim it’s out of “acceptance” and “loving others” with a straight face. You realize there are blacks, gays, hispanic and people of every other demographic that will vote for Trump right? Your inclusivity argument holds no water.
    You just don’t want or care to take the time to look at humans as individuals. Too much work. You’d rather just ‘say’ how loving and accepting you are based on a bunch of lame catchphrases and platitudes we can all go hear in a Target commercial. You clearly don’t put it into practice by treating people differently over who they vote for.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  18. jonnyboy

What planet do you live on where this was actually a thing? Your family was being cyber terrorized by racist bigots every morning? What the fuck is going on where you live? Have you shared this in the ‘Portland’ thread?

19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I agree with you....I think that in order to address hate and and as you say divide and conquer, we have o find a reason/way to stand to together against it.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  20. THE HCP

Well here’s the good thing, you on here coming at me and questioning me for not wanting to spend time with Trump supporters and have people who believe that bullshit he’s shoveling in my life….. I can PROMISE you that you wouldn’t want to spend time with me either. How could you? We would have NOTHING in common.