Arenas and Jamison both make All-Star team

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by og15, Feb 8, 2005.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NEW YORK (AP) -- Miami's Dwyane Wade and San Antonio's Manu Ginobili were among six players picked as NBA All-Stars for the first time when reserves were announced Tuesday.

Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison of the Washington Wizards, Amare Stoudemire of the Phoenix Suns, and Rashard Lewis of the Seattle SuperSonics also gained their first All-Star selections in balloting by the NBA's 30 head coaches. </div>
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-a...ov=ap&type=lgns

This comes as no surprise to me, I expected them both to make it. I'm very happy Arenas made it, and he should win MVP [​IMG]

<u>East </u>
    G - Dwyane Wade
    G - Gilbert Arenas
    F - Antawn Jamison
    F - Jermaine O'neal
    C - Ben Wallace

G - Paul Pierce
    C - Zydrunas Ilguaskas

<u>
    West </u>

G - Steve Nash
    G - Ray Allen
    F - Shawn Marion
    F - Dirk Nowitzki
    C - Amare Stoudemire

G - Manu Ginobili
    F - Rashard Lewis

2. Czy_Jojo

Czy_Jojo JBB JustBBall Member

congrats to Antawn and Gilbert... Way to go...

3. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

After last night's performance by Gilbert and Antawn, they deserve to be in the allstars.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Arenas deserved it and so does Jamison who should have been an all-star a long time ago but, he is just an underrated player. Arenas has done pretty well and had that 40 point game only yesterday. He has really been a factor. I know you're happy Kobe 8 Ball! [​IMG]

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Arenas deserved it and so does Jamison who should have been an all-star a long time ago but, he is just an underrated player. Arenas has done pretty well and had that 40 point game only yesterday. He has really been a factor. I know you're happy Kobe 8 Ball! [​IMG]</div>

I just wanted Gilly..but Arenas and Antawn..that is great !! I am so happy for both of them. They both deserved it, GREAT JOB GUYS, KEEP IT UP IN THE 2ND HALF OF THE SEASON.

6. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

Seeing Antawn make the all-star game is bitter-sweet for me. Although I love the fact that he is getting recognized, it took him so damn long that makes me ticked. This hasn't even been Jamison's best season but whatever as long as he made it. Now let's hope things get even better in the second half of the season.

7. mullin17

mullin17 JBB JustBBall Member

if you look at the Forwards in the East, even though this isn't Jamison's best year, he deserves to be an all-star. Arenas is the major factor to the Wizards turnaround this year, but you can't deny that Jamison and Hughes have also played a part in the Wizards' great season. I've been a fan of Jamison from his warrior days and it's great to see him finally be recognize, he's a great character guy. Let's just hope that the Wiz are smart and re-sign Hughes. Next year all 3 guys might be all-stars.

8. Mamba

The fact that next year all 3 guys could be Allstars is amazing, this team has a great future...

9. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I whole-heartedly believe that both of these guys, Antawn and Gilbert deserved it. Gilbert has been playing great all year and I got no doubts in him but Antawn like many of you have said should've been selected to the all-star game in some seasons before this but what can you do, like they say "better late than never".

10. DMKfromTPL

DMKfromTPL JBB JustBBall Member

In my opinion they are arguably the best back court this season. Being a hometown boy, im glad to see some of our guys getting the respect they deserve. They have played hard this year and it shows (2cd best record in the conference). They just cant seem to beat the Heat or Pisstons. They are a really young team, but this year is just a taste of what this team can do.

Antawn is one of my fav's in the NBA, has been since his GS battles with Kobe. Same for arena's, hes been the guy in DC for the past couple years, both of these guys deserved it. I was hoping Hughes was gonna get a nod, he just went down at a bad time. Hes defensive player of the year in my book.

DMK

11. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

Nice to see another Baltimoron. LOL.

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In my opinion they are arguably the best back court this season. Being a hometown boy, im glad to see some of our guys getting the respect they deserve. They have played hard this year and it shows (2cd best record in the conference). They just cant seem to beat the Heat or Pisstons. They are a really young team, but this year is just a taste of what this team can do.

Antawn is one of my fav's in the NBA, has been since his GS battles with Kobe. Same for arena's, hes been the guy in DC for the past couple years, both of these guys deserved it. I was hoping Hughes was gonna get a nod, he just went down at a bad time. Hes defensive player of the year in my book.</div>
    The Heat dominate the Wiz for some reason, but the team hasn't been fully healthy against the Heat, so in a 7 game series a healthy Wizards team could take 1 or 2 games. The Pistons, it was real close, Arenas and Hughes dominate the Pistons backcourt, but Hughes wasn't there in the 2nd game vs the Pistons, and Kwame wasn't there in either game.

Without any inside presence it's too hard for the Wizards to beat the Pistons, Jamison at PF can't matchup with Rasheed and McDyess, with Kwame the Wiz would have a much better chance.

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

^But, whatever happens in the season doesn't matter in the playoffs.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea true, but the Pistons and Heat also have more playoff experience, much more, and that comes to play when teams are so closely matched talent wise. I think the Wizards could take the Pistons to 6 or 7 games, but the Heat only 5 or 6.

15. Mamba

I think if we had everyone healthy in a 7 game series, we could take both the Pistons and Heat to a full 7 games.

16. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I don't know. Just about everyone on the team has never made the playoffs before. Peeler and Walker's roles aren't really signifficant enough to make a huge difference. The Wizards I think are too young and inexperienced to take them to a full 7 games. Detroit was the NBA champs, and Miami has Shaq, and Wade. They might suprise though. Miami was in the same situation last year and they surprised. Any thing can happen I just think their inexperience will be their downfall.