Arenas Converts House to Simulate High Altitude...

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by BrewCityBuck, Oct 2, 2006.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Arenas Converts House To Simulate High Altitude2nd October, 2006 - 8:28 pmArizona Republic - Gilbert Arenas, looking for that extra edge during the 4th quarter of games, is making the air in his apartment thinner."I had my house converted to the Colorado altitude, so I am always above sea level," Arenas said Monday at the Wizards annual pre-training camp media day.Arenas has hired a company to simulate those conditions in a home environment."I had to put a tent in one room, and then they are going to come during training camp and fix the whole house," Arenas said. "Then I have a have a portable tent I'm taking on the road." [READ]</div> Gil sure is an interesting dude.

2. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

wtf? lol that's the funniest thing in some time. He just wants to have an MVP season so he can say "AND THOSE BASTARDS DIDN'T PLAY ME AT THE WORLDS" like Bron, Amare, Melo etc at the 04 olympics.

3. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Oct 3 2006, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Gil sure is an interesting dude.</div>Very smart move IMO. Simulateing high altitudes will enable him to make the most of his oxygen when he is in "normal" That is a way of getting a bit fitter without doing the work. Good move GIL

4. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Arenas is just so weird, he's an excellent player and I love watching him play, but BCB summed it up perfectly: He sure is an interesting dude.

I mean come on, doing this is not going to affect his game at all. It's really a waste of time. I don't know, but this is just really abnormal.

5. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Oct 3 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Arenas is just so weird, he's an excellent player and I love watching him play, but BCB summed it up perfectly: He sure is an interesting dude.I mean come on, doing this is not going to affect his game at all. It's really a waste of time. I don't know, but this is just really abnormal.</div>That's not true. Clangus is right. People train in high altitudes for a reason. It should help him going into the end of games.

6. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Hey, he's got enough money..so why not do this?

7. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

actually an interesting, but smart way to get himself into better shape. I'd probably do that if I had the money.

8. Opal

Opal Active Member

I don't have to convert mine. :winkglasses: To pro players it is all tough, but for anybody who plays sports in Colorado your used to it. For me, I don't even notice a difference when I run or something in other states.