Arenas Done for the Year?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Shapecity, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Gilbert Arenas sounds like he's done for the season and you can't exactly blame him. After rushing back to the Wizards off last season's knee injury, Arenas had surgery for the second time in eight months on his left knee. The team says he will return in three months, but Arenas, 25, seems to be looking ahead to 2008-09. "I need to start thinking about longevity in my career instead of just this injury right now," he said. "Every great player has missed at least one year. I'm going to go in, do my rehab and take my time this time. I have to be right for the next six, seven years of my career." He still plans to opt out this summer, but he says he's staying with the Wizards.</div></p>

Source: NY Daily News</p>

2. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

I would much rather he sit the year out and make sure that he rehabs the knee correctly so we won't see this injury again rather than try to get back in time for hte playoffs. However, he has hinted that he'll be back by the all-star game claiming that he still wants his fans to vote for him.</p>

3. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Could you resign him for less now?</p>

4. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Ugh.</p>