Bulls vs Pistons

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by I-Miss-MJ, Mar 29, 2007.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">I-Miss-MJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">tell me we won</div>

I already did. [​IMG]

2. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

lol i missed it.

Yahoo said we won, but i don't always trust them.

Did they go for a 2 or 3? who shot it?

3. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    They tried to go for a two. I believe it was Delfino who took the shot I'm not sure because I was doing something and caught the last moments. But I know it was a two. Missed very badly too.

* No it was Prince who took the shot, sorry.

4. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    No it was Prince who took the shot, sorry.

5. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

The Pistons were closing in. Kirk Hinrich sealed the game for Chicago.

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Yes he did, making that veteran move and credit to Gordon for picking that up.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Very entertaining game. Each time I see this matchup, I want to see them in a playoff series even more.

I have no idea why the last play of the game was run for Tayshaun Prince.

8. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

The Bulls were more expecting for it to go to Billups our Rasheed...The Bulls obviously still caught them in the act.

9. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

Damn, what was going through Delfinos head? This aint the first time hes done it in crucial moments either. I love the guy but he really finds the best times to piss me off.

10. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

gg by deng thomas and wallace. deng was great on but offence and defence. Ty gave Sheed the flux even sheed had to give him his props after the game with a little 1 min chat. Wallace was grabbing rebounds like crazty while ty also had a double duoble.

I dont know how having noch back will effect the team. As of now im used to seeing thomas in the lineup and love the energy hes bringing on d.

personally i wouldnt mind a sign and trade with noch this offseason if the draft isnt good to us. maybe we could luck out and and get that center from georgetown at the least. so everyone wath the final 4 on saterday to see our prospects.

Im willing to trade
    hinrich and noch this summer for a decent bigman
    JO
    KG
    Gasol.......

Duhon/Barret
    Gordon/Thabo
    Deng/Thabo/Griffin
    JO-KG-Gasol/Thomas
    Wallace/Allen

11. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

No way in hell we trade Hinrich.

12. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

I thought we were going to blow another lead, and the missed Ft's was horrible. And then Hinrich comes up with the smart play and misses the first, but made the next 2. I thought the Pistons were going to be for a three too, but Prince took a horrible last shot and good defense by Deng.

13. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">michiganave17 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">gg by deng thomas and wallace. deng was great on but offence and defence. Ty gave Sheed the flux even sheed had to give him his props after the game with a little 1 min chat. Wallace was grabbing rebounds like crazty while ty also had a double duoble.

I dont know how having noch back will effect the team. As of now im used to seeing thomas in the lineup and love the energy hes bringing on d.

personally i wouldnt mind a sign and trade with noch this offseason if the draft isnt good to us. maybe we could luck out and and get that center from georgetown at the least. so everyone wath the final 4 on saterday to see our prospects.

Im willing to trade
    hinrich and noch this summer for a decent bigman
    JO
    KG
    Gasol.......

Duhon/Barret
    Gordon/Thabo
    Deng/Thabo/Griffin
    JO-KG-Gasol/Thomas
    Wallace/Allen</div>

Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but that is just unreal and would damage the team IMO. We would lose two of our three best defenders if that happened. Pax would never pull something like that, I'd figured you knew his stand on four specific players. Andre Barret as a rotation back up point guard, please. Malik Allen also cannot play as a viable back up center.

14. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but that is just unreal and would damage the team IMO. We would lose two of our three best defenders if that happened. Pax would never pull something like that, I'd figured you knew his stand on four specific players. Andre Barret as a rotation back up point guard, please. Malik Allen also cannot play as a viable back up center.</div>

Noch is out and we have been playing fine ball. Noch hasent played good defence since last season imo. Hes content with standing in the corner chucking up 3's. Noch was better his rookie year both defencivly and driving and finishing at the basket. Malik allen isnt a viable backup center but hes our backup bigman now so what will change there? Hinrich is a good defender but so is deng. The Point is we cant resign noch anyway we have to sign gordon and deng plus get a big man. giving up hinrich is an option. Dont laugh at barret because hes a fine player and is a solid guard who can create off the dribble and hit open shots. when he gets in he kills. we are just guard heavy right now.

15. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">michiganave17 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Noch is out and we have been playing fine ball. Noch hasent played good defence since last season imo. Hes content with standing in the corner chucking up 3's. Noch was better his rookie year both defencivly and driving and finishing at the basket. Malik allen isnt a viable backup center but hes our backup bigman now so what will change there? Hinrich is a good defender but so is deng. The Point is we cant resign noch anyway we have to sign gordon and deng plus get a big man. giving up hinrich is an option. Dont laugh at barret because hes a fine player and is a solid guard who can create off the dribble and hit open shots. when he gets in he kills. we are just guard heavy right now.</div>

Nocioni was a bad offensive player his rookie year. He's come along very nice.

He's also averaging more points and has a better FG% than last season.

16. Bulls=Amazing

Bulls=Amazing JBB chea

I think before you say something like that you should wait to see how Noc performs when he gets back and how the team does as a whole. I think that its great that Tyrus is playing well and he does bring great energy...but so does Noc. That's why he plays the bench so he can bring in new energy. Personally I am really excited at the idea of Noc and Tyrus on the court at the same time.

We should have enough money to sign all of them because P.J.'s contract is pretty big (2nd highest onthe team) and Sweetney's is at like 10 Million. Also, I'm not sure how much we're under the cap (could someone help me with a number as to how much we have with cap space) but I think we're good.

Also, with the cap space would someone put up a link to a website that explains salary cap and tax and all that s**t. I'm not too sure what all the that technicalities are with that. Thanks.

17. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">michiganave17 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Noch is out and we have been playing fine ball. Noch hasent played good defence since last season imo. Hes content with standing in the corner chucking up 3's. Noch was better his rookie year both defencivly and driving and finishing at the basket. Malik allen isnt a viable backup center but hes our backup bigman now so what will change there? Hinrich is a good defender but so is deng. The Point is we cant resign noch anyway we have to sign gordon and deng plus get a big man. giving up hinrich is an option. Dont laugh at barret because hes a fine player and is a solid guard who can create off the dribble and hit open shots. when he gets in he kills. we are just guard heavy right now.</div>

Not sure if you've been following much of the injury reports this season, but if you have you wouldn't have much of an issue with Nocioni doing what he's told to do by Skiles and Pax. That of getting to an open position putting up threes. He's been bothered by injuries since before last season's Playoffs and Skiles wanted him to improve his game in a less active approach since his injuries do not require surgery. He did just that and has improved his shooting. I don't think you followed much of the foreign basketball game either, but Nocioni wasn't considered by the EUROs to be one the most adaptable players in the world for no good reason. You probably also missed that the entire roster admits him to be our best defender, which he actually is at his position. Exactly the reason why I can't wait for him to come back healthy. He takes charges and has a good mindset. He bothers players a lot of the defensive end, which is why he has become so valuable to this team and in the market. Also as the others here have mentioned his scoring averages have all gone up, due to constant training and assistance in his form from the coaching staff.

Pax won't give up Noce. Do you really think Paxson would just let Nocioni leave as a free agent even though he is coveted by what is known to be at least 15 other franchises? That is massive in the NBA market. The only player I know of on our team that is more wanted by franchises is Luol Deng. I mean come on now, seriously. Pax has mentioned too many times now that he won't give up Nocioni, Deng, Hinrich or Gordon for anyone, period. He's had plenty of opportunities to give up Noce for a reliable back up center or power forward and even a starter and turned those down instantly. These four players are the basic clique of the club, which is why they all live around each other too. Not sure if you knew but Noce, Deng and Gordon are all neighbors on the same street in Northbrook. Plus Pax is already working on helping Noce gain permanent residency in the United States with his family.

Malik Allen only comes out to play center when both P.J. Brown and Ben Wallace are tired. He has a poor shot selection as well. He is too short to play the center position against most centers in this league and can't overpower most power forwards already so there is no point in playing him as a center is there?

Your comparison of positions between Kirk Hinrich and Deng shows me something wrong in your judgment of defensive qualities. Deng is a lengthy small forward who can guard the 2, 3 and 4. Hinrich is not only our best guard defender he's also the most intelligent player on the squad, the leading captain and top specified playmaker. He's excellent at taking the charge, only Noce is better then he is at that. If you think it is smart to ever possibly give up our captain who has improved all year long and enjoys playing where he's at then well, I can't help ya' down that lonely road.

As for Barret, he will be gone when his contract is up. Know why? Because he was a filler, just like Pargo was. That's not to say they are bad players, because they're not. No matter what they do to impress Skiles, they won't have a chance. I'd rather have a reliable player that shown his stuff in the pre-season like Khryapa over Barret any day. Not that we need him anyway once Nocioni returns. Thing is though you have to realize that Skiles is very biased, which is his major con as a head coach. He makes decisions off of his ego often as we've seen so many times since he's joined our franchise. He doesn't play Barret because he doesn't feel he's useful. BS. He doesn't play Khryapa because the guy wanted to know why he lost his role on the team after averaging 12 PPG early on. BS. That's just how Skiles is.