OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Governor of Missouri said students can return to school because they will get Corona virus but won't need medical care or hospitalization, they will recover on their own.

Many children have died or suffered long term, possibly permanent, damage.

Most children live with family members who are older than they and could get infected.

Kill your family for Trump.

Tired of winning yet?

Lanny, Chris Craig and GoBlazersGo like this.
  2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Strange that the party that claims they're for the sanctity of life, and are pro life, don't seem to give a shit once you're born.

THE HCP, Chris Craig and GoBlazersGo like this.
  3. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Give everyone a week to get groceries. Govt doesn’t allow evictions. Govt pays everyone a set amount while in lockdown. All far cheaper than having it drag on for a year+. But anyway, maybe that’s just way too complicated for people like you so fuck it let’s just ride this thing out. Such an angry elf JB

THE HCP likes this.
  4. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

What about all the broke people who can’t afford to go buy a months worth of food? What about the homeless? What about all the procrastinators who just don’t go buy food in time? What about all the poor planners who don’t buy enough food? So on, so forth, so many variables. Yeah, it IS complicated. Your plan is an off the cuff blanket action that could never work. We live in a country full of people who’ve been brought up to need constant babysitting. Many can’t even cook a meal for themselves. What if Jonny Pizza Roll or Billy Bagel Bites microwaves break down a week into lockdown? They’d be eating each others faces. People CAN NOT take care of themselves in a literal sense. I think you know this. It’s just the way it is. In an ideal world your plan would work fine, but we live in America in the year 2020.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  5. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

What we're doing now is not working.

Isolation has shown to work in many countries.

Yes, some people d0n't have enough food or medicine to make it through an isolation. That's where the rest of us come in. If you need help, ask. And if someone asks, please try to help them or find them help.

I think some rapper or something once said love thy neighbor. Maybe we should try that.

6. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

[rant mode on]

hmmm

This concern about "broke people" just couldn't be a case of you using a convenient agenda argument that you'd never use in another circumstance could it? You've never spoken against food stamps or SNAP have you?....you know, programs designed to help feed broke people.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe any conservative or R voices when they claim to be concerned about the working poor. They've spent decades proving they absolutely don't.

what should have happened:

as Minstrel and Sly mentioned, or at least alluded to, 2-3 months ago there was actually a national plan outline designed to get us out of this mess, or at least bridge several extra months getting us closer to better treatments and a vaccine.

that plan was to continue the lock-downs and stay-at-home orders till July 1. Then, have a gradual re-opening with incremental phases designed to allow enough time to gauge impacts. And just as critical was using that extra 6-8 weeks of margin to exponentially ramp up testing ability while developing vast benches of people and infrastructure to do thorough contact tracing of positive cases.

this made tons of sense on the front end, and it makes undeniable great sense from hindsight. And it wasn't some untested plan either because several other industrialized nations had actually implemented similar plans....and those are the nations that are now looking at the US in horror and disbelief while they get back close to normal; or at least a new normal

But we didn't take the path of prudence and common sense because we are led at the national level by a giant narcissistic moron and he has several moron governors giving him cover by being just as stupid. And of course, we didn't because there's too large a percentage of Americans who are ignorant as hell, and as a nation, we have the patience of 3 year olds. Not to mention a 4 decade war against science waged by the right wing

and a giant problem is that any common sense structure we erect will immediately start to be undermined by ignorant and tribalistic termites eating away at the structure because they've convinced themselves they are either doing god's work or they want to "own the libs"

so yeah, lets set the nation on fire and let's simply pretend the reason is because R's really care about anybody who lost their job instead of them being afraid they will lose power in November

[/rant mode off]

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  7. wizenheimer

wow...nothing but net!!...bow down to the dog!!

THE HCP, Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  8. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

So when is today's Trump campaign rally I mean the Coronavirus task force meeting?

9. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Great post. But just to be clear, this admonition does not mean you should move in next to Mrs. HCP.

THE HCP and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. SlyPokerDog

[​IMG]

e_blazer likes this.
  11. jonnyboy

Couldn’t read your post any more past the first “You’re an R and hate poor people” disclaimer. I grew up poor and on food stamps, so try again. There are members of my family who still haven’t managed to claw their way above the poverty line and I’m left strained at times helping them. You know dick about me. I will help anyone if I can and I don’t care who they are, and I’m not just talking shit. If your entire post is based on a fallacy then there’s no point reading the rest of it. Thanks for taking the time though.

12. BigGameDamian

13. wizenheimer

oh for fucksakes....did you really think I wrote that for you?....LOL...get a grip man

I wrote it because something you said stood out to me and I had thoughts I felt like sharing. I don't really care what your origins were. Your ten year old self isn't posting stuff here, neither are your poor relations...your current self is posting and that's who made the post that set off my rant

14. jonnyboy

How outlandish of me to think you wrote it for me!

You literally replied to my post and insinuated I’m part of a group that doesn’t care about poor people, and suggested I wouldn’t use that justification in any other instance if it didn’t fit my agenda. You also implied that I’m the type of person to “speak out against food stamps and SNAP”.

Perhaps next time you simply feel like “just sharing some thoughts” maybe don’t do it in a reply to someone where you also make a bunch of not-so-vague insinuations about the very person you are replying to.

15. SlyPokerDog

16. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    seems to be some sense of guilt in his replay. Otherwise he would have just ignored it and moved on. lol

17. BigGameDamian

Fauci or Birx won't be invited plus more. What a shock!

18. wizenheimer

oh my gawd.....

[​IMG]

19. wizenheimer

20. wizenheimer

* " The White House announced on Monday that Donald Trump will be resuming his coronavirus briefings on Tuesday afternoon. That announcement seemed to catch members of Trump’s coronavirus task force by surprise, with Dr. Anthony Fauci learning about it in the middle of an interview and saying that he “expected” to be part of such briefings … though admitting he knew nothing about it.

As it turns out, Dr. Fauci need not concern himself. CDC Director Robert Redfield can also stay home, as can the disturbingly fawning Dr. Deborah Birx. Even Mike Pence can apparently grab a chair and watch. Because Trump is doing this briefing solo. Meaning that America can expect to get a briefing on the most critical items of the deadly crisis: The need to defend racist statutes, why polls are all fake news, and just where is Hunter anyway?

The last time America joined Donald Trump for a multi-hour rally substitute, it was to ponder the deep questions of whether injecting bleach, or putting sunlight inside people, could take care of COVID-19. The biggest difference between that event and what the nation can expect on Tuesday is that there will be no one for Trump to turn to and ask if his sudden inspirations just happen to be deadly ignorance.

According to CNN, not everyone at the White House is exactly thrilled at the idea of Trump stepping back in front of the camera for the kind of low energy, disjointed ramble he displayed day after day in his original briefings. The more Americans saw of Trump, the lower his handling of the crisis went, and White House aides spent weeks talking Trump off that ledge to get his appearances cancelled in the first place.

Now, with Trump falling ever further behind Biden in the polls and his attempts to restart his rallies ended in embarrassment—and outbreaks—a portion of the White House staff feels it’s critical that Trump get back out there and pretend to care about the lives of the hundreds of thousands of Americans currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 and the millions threatened by COVID-19. Even Trump wasn’t all that keen on getting back at that podium after listening to the months of jokes that resulted from his last off the cuff suggestion on internal disinfectants.

So the White House made a deal—Trump can talk about whatever he wants, not just the pandemic that threatens every family in the nation. That’s right. What’s being sold to the networks as a coronavirus briefing is really just Free Airtime for Trump to lie about anything he likes. China. Antifa. Obama. You can absolutely bet it’s going to all be there." *