OT Coronavirus: America in chaos, News and Updates. One million Americans dead and counting

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 3, 2020.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Fauci pushes back against Trump for misrepresenting his stance on masks.

[​IMG]

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the leading U.S. official on infectious diseases, hit back at President Trump on Wednesday for what he called the misrepresentation of his stance on using masks to curb the coronavirus.

In the presidential debate on Tuesday, Mr. Trump claimed that Dr. Fauci initially said “masks are not good — then he changed his mind.” And when former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said wearing masks could save tens of thousands of lives, Mr. Trump contended that “Dr. Fauci said the opposite.”

Dr. Fauci, whose relationship with his boss has often seemed tenuous at best, took issue with his claims the day after the debate.

“Anybody who has been listening to me over the last several months knows that a conversation does not go by where I do not strongly recommend that people wear masks,” he said in an interview on ABC News’s “Start Here” podcast. The full interview can be heard Thursday, ABC said.

Dr. Fauci explained that “very early on in the pandemic,” the authorities did not recommend masks to the general public because they were worried about shortages and hoarding. But that changed, he said, as it became clear that asymptomatic transmission was spreading the virus and that masks helped stop it.

“I have been on the airways, on the radio, on TV, begging people to wear masks,” Dr. Fauci said. “And I keep talking in the context of: Wear a mask, keep physical distance, avoid crowds, wash your hands and do things more outdoors versus indoors.”

Mr. Trump has often signaled his displeasure with Dr. Fauci, especially as the scientist’s stock has risen with many Americans. He once called him “a major television star” — apparently a compliment — but it was not clear that the president enjoyed sharing the spotlight.

In April, under fire for his slow initial response to the pandemic, the president reposted a Twitter message that said “Time to #FireFauci.” And in July, Trump advisers undercut Dr. Fauci by anonymouslyproviding details to various news outlets about statements he had made early in the pandemic that they said were inaccurate.

Mr. Trump, watching the economy crumble in a re-election year, has been a cheerleader for state officials to reopen. Dr. Fauci has been rather the opposite. Just this week, he was ringing the alarm on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“We’re not in a good place,” he said when asked about the nation averaging 40,000 new coronavirus cases a day.

Dr. Fauci said the increases some states are seeing were especially ill timed, given the approach of flu season.

“You don’t want to be in a position like that as the weather starts getting cold,” he said. “So we really need to intensify the public health measures that we talk about all the time.”

Chris Craig and BigGameDamian like this.
  2. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

White House had planned to spend $300 million in taxpayer money on a PR campaign in which a bunch of celebrities would tell the country not to worry any more about Corona virus because Trump had done such a great job getting it under control. Project had to be scrapped when all the celebs said no.

Lanny, GoBlazersGo and Chris Craig like this.
  5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

They couldn't even get Clint?

6. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Is this true?

7. SlyPokerDog

Yes.

8. Chris Craig

Well that is embarrassing

9. SlyPokerDog

Chris Craig likes this.
  10. Chris Craig

11. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

12. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

wtf, I just got an invite to a party/club probably hosted at one of those private mansions.

TOMORROW NIGHT
    OCT 2-3 /// 11pm - 5am

Secret DJs /// Curated Cocktails /// Zero Contact Ordering

Location to be release 8 pm, Oct 2 via text

Please arrive via rideshare only, driving is highly discouraged

Masks are mandatory / Temperature checks at the door / Social distancing enforced

"In 1920 the 18th amendment was enacted. This began the Prohibition era of America and for the next 13 years nightlife in the United States was taken underground. Speakeasies like The 300 Club and El Fay in Midtown Manhattan hosted New York’s, “celebrities, near-celebrities, social registries and financial barons” where personalities like Helen Morgan and Mary Louise Cecilia “Texas” Guinan would greet patrons with a hearty, “Hello, Sucker!”. During this almost decade and a half both bootleggers and proprietors of these Blind Pigs would prove that some things were better left unregulated. Now exactly 100 years later as we enter much more uncertain times we’ve decided to take things underground once again. Somewhere in Los Angeles, we’ve curated a small intimate space where friends, lovers, bartenders and bootleggers, DJs, musicians, wanna-be celebrities, drug dealers and baristas, pimps, prostitutes and Johns can come together and reacquaint ourselves with the nightlife that we once loved and lost. This weekend continues our regular get together where we convene to blow off some steam from the outside world. Safety measures will be enforced both at the door and during your stay. We’d love for you to join, that is if you can find us… "

Propagandist and SlyPokerDog like this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

Can I go?

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  14. EL PRESIDENTE

YOU CAN COME IF YOU BRING A GIRL WITH YOU

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

Who are you that you get an invitation like this?!? (Maybe a few Jesuit JUGS would've served you well!)

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  16. EL PRESIDENTE

Its a big email blast probably.

You text them, they send u a link to buy tickets or bottles or ask to see your IG/Facebook to screen you out.

I used to be on a few lists back in the day. who knows, been out of the game for a while! :NOTMARIS:

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  17. EL PRESIDENTE

18. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

LMFAO... yikes!

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  19. EL PRESIDENTE

I'd vote for her.

20. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Definitely cringe worthy. Not the worst ever though. I mean, this exists: