Darko plans for next year?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by N4S, Jun 16, 2004.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Ok being a 76ers fans for a long time and seeing how Larry Brown works with rookies. Does anyone hear any rumblings going around in Detroit about Darko's plans for next year. I really never hear anything about him and will he be in the mix next year? I can definitely see that him working out in the gym w/ Big Ben is starting to show. I think it would be smart to play him next year, when he get scap time he looks so nervous it's ridiculous. I really can't wait to see what he can do.

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

darko plans...cut him : )
    jk he will not start but he will play a lot

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Next Lebron:</div><div class="quote_post">darko plans...cut him : )
    jk he will not start but he will play a lot</div>

Now that's real biased. Have you any idea how intelligent Dumars is for longterm things? They won a championship and Darko has plenty of prospects and potential that he will have to live up to at a latter time. He doesn't fit the no superstar, all team bill just yet.

I think the combination of Brown and Darko, heck even any rookie is a bad idea. He's biased and unfair a lot of the time, regardless of how they are or how good they'll be he'll rarely use them. He plays favorites, that's what I really don't like about him. In a few years Darko will be the star that Dumars knows him to be.

4. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

I havent heard anything about Darko but I do think he will play next year if you looked at him when beingn drafted and now there is a big difference, and the kid is like what 17, 18? He isnt even done growing yet... Darko will probably not start unless 'Sheed gets injured, but all in all I think next year Darko will have a successfull year.

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Sheef gets injured?Sheed might not even be playing with the Pistons next year,I always hear about how he has intrests in playing for the Knicks,hopefully the Pistons will resign him but if not than I think Darkos minutes will rise but I still dont see the Pistons starting him.

6. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I am not impressed at all with Darko. When I watched him come into the game, he just looked not very interested. Plus his shooting sucked! What pressure was on him? They were up by over 20pt with less than 2:00 remaining. He had not reason why he should not have produced. He looked slow, lacked hustle and had no heart, unlike the whole team.

7. ludacris06

ludacris06 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Darko doesnt understand how things are going right now. He wants to play now, but he just isn't ready yet and I think he's just a little impatient. His best night was against the Rockets when he scored 6 points, but other than that he looks like he's rushing things. Simple shots like dunks, layups, jumpers, and freethrows look rushed and end up a brick.

If Ben and Rasheed keep hounding on him in practice and he decides to hit the weight room, he should be fine. He just has to adjust his game from the perimiter to the inside thats all.

8. Chinkboi

Chinkboi JBB JustBBall Member

I hope he gets more minutes.. or I wasted all this time on the sig for nothing. He's still learning though...

9. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

Exactly. You got to play like a # 2 pick. Being rusty for never playing and not being familiar on a NBA court is not an excuse. I would be amazed if he somehow became a marginal star in the future.

10. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">I am not impressed at all with Darko. When I watched him come into the game, he just looked not very interested. Plus his shooting sucked! What pressure was on him? They were up by over 20pt with less than 2:00 remaining. He had not reason why he should not have produced. He looked slow, lacked hustle and had no heart, unlike the whole team.</div>
    I think you might be forming opinions a little too quickly...I think the pressure of a winning championship game when you have hardly played all season long would be imense on anyone. Especially a youngster who is not 19 yet.
    As for the slow comments...it's <u>garbage time</u> and he did get a rebound and a steal in roughly two minutes. It seems a little bit ridiculous to be judging anybodies heart in such a short span especially when it is meaningless. It makes sense for the other guys who would have been pumped with adrenaline, but when you have not been playing it can't be the same.

11. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">Sheef gets injured?Sheed might not even be playing with the Pistons next year,I always hear about how he has intrests in playing for the Knicks,hopefully the Pistons will resign him but if not than I think Darkos minutes will rise but I still dont see the Pistons starting him.</div>

He's found a home, I don't think he'll ever leave, he's gonna end it as a Piston. Firstly the Knicks whom he wanted to be a part of before won't pay him all that much and look how nice he fits in and has become in the Pistons? They're his buds, he's gonna stay.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

If you watch Darko in practise he has gotten some of the best moves you would ever see but It's the fact he isn't developed yet. He is the youngest player in the NBA. Not many guys his age would be even able to enter the league at his age. He still needs work and I don't expect him to produce for another two years or so.

As Joe Dumars said

Give the guy time to develop.

13. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

Darko will get a few more minutes next year, but he won't be 6th man just yet. Give him a few years and he will produce. Everybody says that he has got awesome talent but he just isn't able to show it on the floor right now.

14. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Darko will play a lot next year but he won't start he will be a star in the league, he has 15 -17 years left so he will be something to watch.