Devils v Rangers Game 6

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Greyvtrayn, Apr 28, 2023.

1. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I don't think the Devs will be like if we lose who cares it doesn't mean anything - they have home ice, and more points, and clearly want to win. Point is they have less pressure than the usual team in their situation given their season vs. expectations, their age and experience, and the positives they will take from this even with an L.

All things being equal, we should win this game. The Devs have home ice going for them, we have just about everything else. Including a huge edge in goal (maybe made bigger by their kid goalie having to bounce back from game 6 and play in the spotlight of game 7 - all new to him), and we have all the experience in general and in game 7's.

So favored or not, we have the "advantage" going in. A lot of pressure to step up.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

House money is a statement that fans use to try to comfort themselves if their team loses. Every playoff series loss sucks beyond belief. Painful. Losing in the finals of any sport is the absolute worse. I still haven't gotten over those 2 horseshit calls vs. L.A. that fucked Hank over. This game has the feel of the 94 game 7 vs. the Devils in that the Rangers have to score first. If they don't, it would be bad. Disgusting to watch this team yet another year where shithead Panarin is fucking useless. That is where I couldn't take it any longer. Plus, my Rangers group thread demands I don't watch when things go poorly because it seems to work. Until Tampa last year. How many fucking years do we have to watch a Rangers team in the playoffs when one of their best players is a no show. Nash. Now Panarin. Smh.

3. kreidertime

If pussy Panarin doesn't show up in game 7 and the Rangers lose, sadly he probably will get Gallant fired. Drury sure as hell better get that dumbass Panarin out of here.

4. faatanqui

faatanqui Member

Rangers score early on whatever goalie is in net, could be a blowout..

if not, devs win

5. NYR Fan

Here's the good news for you Mr. Titanic AKA Mr. Fake Fan - you wrote watch a few times, you aren't watching, so you should be good even if we win (you are rooting for the Devs I have no doubt), and whether or not Panarin shows up.

6. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

Last night's win will at least stop this quiet ninja nonsense with Schmid. Panarin has been bad but Kane's 3rd on the team in scoring behind CK and Fox playing hurt so at this point he's been one of our better players and a solid pickup. Any time Laf wants to start trying to score the Rangers could use it - 7 SOG in 6 games, zero points for a #1 overall, I'm still holding out hope that he's a slow developer. Kakko looked like he was getting a little angry last night, like the emotions but he too has to pick it up. If the Rangers come out hitting like last night this will be an easy win, you can see the dislike on their Debbie faces when they get hit and the overwhelming need to cheap shot follows.

7. kreidertime

They have to get that first goal. I think their ass depends on it. More importantly, that dipshit Panarin has to do something. He has sucked beyond belief all series.

8. NYR Fan

We'll let you know if they do since you won't be watching.

9. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    He shows more excitement about the Pack and their coach

NYR Fan likes this.
  10. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    What's the excuse for the third line? It's not like they are being asked to go up against the devils top line...they have proven they can score without being on the pp...average a shot on goal a game...Trouba has 2 less shots than #1 and #2 combined..

Glad to see that Vlad and Z scored

11. NYR Fan

I like how the lines are setup now. Puts Lafreniere with Tro and Kane. Has Panarin playing with Chytil and Kakko. I think that gives us better balance lines 1-3. And I very much prefer the PP setup the way it is now with Tara on PP1, Z in his shooting hole, and Kane on PP2. We only said that weeks ago, glad Gallant woke up to it before game 6 of round 1.

That is why he gets canned if we lose game 7, can you be slower to make adjustments than Gallant has been - that's his job and he failed miserably. Hopefully it wasn't too late before he woke up from his slumber.

12. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have zero feel about how I think game seven might go. It's one of those series that have been all over the place. A lot can have to do with how it's officiated.

13. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Tell me again how many PP goals were scored in the first two games of this series...

And for months people were saying having Z on the left side boards was too predictable..a few games without a ppg and well its because Z isn't there for the one timer

14. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Well the Devils certainly didn’t look like a team playing with house money in games 1-2. They looked like an inexperienced team that didn’t know what to expect with playoff hockey. They were tentative and nervous. I think that is possible Monday as well. Also, it took too long but I think they picked up that Schmid is slow with his glove side. Both Zib and Senko shot there and scored there from slot. He also gives up rebounds glove side. It’s his weak side and I think they will exploit it. The other reason I’m a lot more confident is Igor. He’s playing better now than he’s played all year.

15. NYR Fan

Yes, they had two good games on the PP in about 15. Cannot argue with that.

If you think Gallant wasn't very slow on the uptake to make the necessary changes, we'll agree to disagree. Not surprising at days end though, because your rose colored glasses only know one way Al. That is why you are who you are - and I mean that in a positive way.

16. NYR Fan

Agree as I have been saying. I have absolutely no clue how game 7 will go. You can lay out 3 or 4 different scenarios, and I would say sure I could see it. Totally wide open IMO.

17. NYR Fan

I think both can be true honestly. I don't think the Devs have a lot of pressure on them. Sure there is some as there always would be when you play a game 7, especially at home, but even if they come up short they had a great season, and no right minded fair fan or person could argue that. You could be disappointed they lost round 1 if you are a fan, but could you really be upset as a Devs fan given where they were start of the season, how the season went, and what their future looks like, I don't see it. The Rangers lose, and their season was a failure - no two ways around it.

As for the inexperience, sure they looked that way in games 1 & 2, and given how game 6 went, and now they have to play a game 7 against an experienced team, yeah I could see them coming out nervous. But I don't think that would reflect the pressure on them - or lack there of.

I say again, if you are being fair there is no excuse for the Rangers to lose game 7. Outside of the Devs being home, the Rangers have everything else in their favor going in. Big edge in goal, kid goalie having to bounce back after a terrible game, playoff experience, game 7 experience, MO off of game 6, and I still maintain a better overall team. It's all there, we'll see what happens - and I admit I have no clue what will happen.

Disturbed likes this.
  18. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Totally agree they should win this game. I’m surprised people aren’t more confident in them doing it.

19. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Getting through the first 5 min without anything negative will be important. Even with alot of Ranger fans there the crowd will be hyper as anything trying to get to Igor.

20. kreidertime

I don’t know how you could be confident in them. They’ve been the most inconsistent Rangers team I’ve seen in forever. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve seen such a sloppy team somehow find a way over 100 points since I’ve been watching the Rangers. I still believe Igor will have to steal the game and Kreider is going to have to be special again since Panarin is a pussy. Igor is the only guy I trust. Even with Hank I used to trust McDonaugh, Staal and Girardi to play great defense.