Devils vs. Rangers game 7

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 1, 2023.

1. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    So last year in the playoffs the kids played awesome...what's the excuse this year? Lack of pp time...right...
    Great board work is only what kakko can do...not sure what Laffy is great at...not skating...not hitting....not a heavy slap shot..not that great of a wrist shot...

He should have been sent to Hartford since he needed to develop. This is the N H fucking L...

2. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    So wait..I idolize players yet you misread the trades...what a way to talk out both sides of your ass

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

This whole series, the Rangers up and down the entire roster were not interested in working to win the series. They wanted to coast and rely on the names on the back of their jerseys.

Ranger71 and NYR Fan like this.
  4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just a worst case scenario of a game seven loss. Hate to keep saying it but their game three loss says a lot about the heart and desire of this team. Up 2-0 they let up and stunk up home ice. If this team had the it factor they're atleast up 3-1 in this series.

NYR Fan likes this.
  5. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Everyone knows the talent they have and what they could achieve if they wouldn’t stick their head up their ass as soon as the playoffs start.

Core needs breaking up.

6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Well, talk to you guys in September.

7. NYR31

Drury better not come up lame and put out the same team next season. Seismic changes are needed.

NYR Fan likes this.
  8. Messiah717

This was a massive step backwards coming off of last year.

9. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I think these are spot on. We scored TWO goals in 4 + games outside of game 6...TWO. And sad part is let's be real, we have no clue if their kid goalie is good or not. In the 4 + games I'd say single digit times we really tested him, maybe you can count on one hand. It was pathetic, and can be summed up by watching the replay of the Devs first goal tonight on loop. That comical S show.

And we need big changes, it is stale and time for moves. Issue is what can you do with some of these contracts and NMC's. Tough spot for Drury.

Goodrow has to go - we need his money. All the UFA's should go. We need a real legit hockey 3rd line. The "kids" need to be in the top 6 if they all stay. And I'd say Panarin needs to go also, but not sure how you pull that off with the NMC and big cap hit. People see he is sh*t in the playoffs.

10. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Need a little more team quickness.

11. NYR Fan

Massive failure and step back. It blows my mind that we are talking about effort and heart in a playoff series. This team played with ZERO passion and effort in the past 5 games outside of two periods. That is a huge knock on everyone on the team and the coaches. Worst thing you can say about a team.

12. Ranger71

Terrible team off the rush.

13. NYR Fan

Panarin was terrible in the playoffs last year, follows that up with zero goals this year, and no points in the last 5 games. The guy makes over $11M per year, what can you do with him - I think we are stuck with his huge AAV and NMC. He is a huge problem. At least Kane we can move on from, but Panarin is a big issue moving forward.

And Kane - what a disaster that was. He is either very hurt, or very old and done, or very weak mentally and never could fit in. Not sure which it is, but they are all bad.

14. Ranger71

Had to get at least one on the 3 pp's.

15. NYR Fan

I know we all feel it and see it, but I don't think I have the words to express how bad that really was. Outside of two periods in game 6, and let's be honest in hindsight that was a total mirage, we got destroyed from game 3 on. The Devs have to get credit for bit*h slapping us. They dominated our as* 3-7. That was one of the most embarrassing displays of playoff hockey I have seen in a very long time.

What's the over/under on how quickly Gallant gets fired - has to happen sadly.

16. Messiah717

Kane never fit in. The bottom line like you said. In four loses they were shut out twice and managed two goals in the other two games.

NYR Fan likes this.
  17. NYR31

I guess you can keep Kreider to stand in front of net and deflect a few pucks on the PP, but Panarin, Zib and Trochek make obscene amounts of money and don’t merit coming back. If we want to ever win a SC that is.

18. Ranger71

Very disheartening and leaves you wondering how they get to where they want to go now. Top 3 goalie in the world but the roster is very locked for right now.

19. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

As soon as I heard Drury is getting Kane I knew they weren’t winning shit. It’s like they went back to what the rangers used to do. Only worked by a miracle in 94 because of Messier who wouldn’t let them lose.

20. NYR31

Drury needs to get nasty and make players’s lives miserable until they waive their NMC.

Ranger71 likes this.