Devils vs. Rangers game 7

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 1, 2023.

1. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Yeah ok..u don't criticize players...riggghtt
    Man I'm not your friend...im crushed

Just answer this question...are we giving Lindy Ruff credit for making Jack Hughes a superstar...and Nico Hrisch..it's all development of those #1 overall picks

All I hear is how miserable Bread was...where the hell was our 40 goal scorer Zman...he got outplayed for 7 games.. yes barely anyone complained about his disappointment series... fox gave away multiple chances giving up both short handers...Miller has taken a huge step backwards...yeah let's take a penalty in game 7 when you barely check anyone...

2. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

I know Boston lost but this team needed a guy like Tyler Bertuzzi at the deadline instead of a Patrick Kane. I gave Kane the benefit of the doubt but he was useless and overall probably a net negative. He lost every battle.

Bertuzzi will be a UFA. If we can’t fit him find someone like him. Without a change to the makeup of this top 6 and more board presence it will be more of the same next year. A nice cushy regular season followed by disappointment once the real season starts.

NYR Fan likes this.
  3. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    But back to the Bruins...there was a 40+ difference between them and Florida..losing a game 7 at home ...wow choke job city

4. danipman

danipman New Member

You have to admit that Dump was right and all the shit you gave him was wrong. He correctly gauged the Devils and Rangers matchup as well as Panarin's impotence. While he is wrong that the Rangers had the same opportunity to develop Kakko and LaF as the Devils had with Hischeir and Hughes because they already spent to try to SCF, it seems to just be happenstance getting #1 and #2 picks while in pursuit of SCF, limiting the Rags window of sacrificing wins to develop Kakko and LaF offensive skills

5. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

You misread that one - I was calling you my friend. And I agree with you 100% on the kids BTW. Not saying they were handled 100% perfectly, but I have not seen the talent level from Kakko or Lafreniere that says yeah they are Hughes, or some of the other 1 or 2 pick studs.

I also agree with you on Boston, total choke job. No debate from me.

6. NYR Fan

Here is why his "predictions" hold no water. When you are not a Rangers fan and troll a Rangers board constantly saying everyone sucks, starting threads to fire everyone or trade everyone weeks into the season, and always saying they are done, will miss the playoffs, will lose this series, will lose that series - basically always negative and knocking, that is not a prediction, that is a troll. And when they do lose, as every team will except one, again that is not a prediction.

Was he right on the Pens, was he right on missing the playoffs, was he right on 5 games - all big no's. So that is BS.

7. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Lol...better reread what you posted...I don't take any offense or anything personal..but your own words "and again respectfully Al, you are not my friend"

I was kinda shocked lol

8. NYR Fan

Read the whole sentence:

Like anything you need balance and to be objective, and again respectfully Al, you are not my friend.

I am saying you are not objective my friend, and you are not. And that's okay, but that is also the truth. You are a fan through and through, and good for you. I love your passion.

9. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    The dude gave up numerous times throughout the year..was he right that the Pens would make the playoffs over us? He only posts after Ranger losses saying Fite this fire that. He posts about how the Packs coach should be the next coach and copies summaries about prospects how overly great they all are.

NYR Fan likes this.
  10. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Your kidding right...I'm not objective yet I've complained plenty..just not beating the dead horse that its all Breads fault...and Kanes fault.

11. danipman

danipman New Member

Sorry but Dump was right on the Devils outskating the Rangers, which is how it went down. Maybe he is a negative Nancy, but he was right. By A mile

Last edited: May 1, 2023
  12. NYR Fan

You are a homer Al, and again good for you. And to me pick any player on the team, expect maybe Kreider and Igor, and they all get blame for this mess. I don't think anyone is immune. It is not all anyone's fault. They all pretty much sucked. All their fault.

And no surprise the point goes way over your head dan - when you predict a team to lose every game and every series, and miss this and miss that, and suck here and suck there, that is not a prediction. At some point you will be right as things go badly in sports from time to time. But even in your logic, if he was right on his 787886869876 negative prediction about this series, then he was wrong on everything else. So even still, yes your logic he got that right - although he didn't as 5 games is not 7 - but sure. And he was wrong on his 700097890 other negative predictions year after year.

13. danipman

danipman New Member

Sorry I only came in at the Devils series. But Dump's instincts were correct. And pretty detailed

14. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    The Rangers gave up 17 goals in 7 gms. They didn’t lose because they couldn’t handle the Devils speed as Dump proclaimed. The Devils speed was a factor yes but they lost because they couldn’t score. Erik Haula scored more goals in 7 gms than Panarin, Fox, Zibanijad, Kane and Trochek combined. That’s why they lost. And most of it was against a backup mostly unknown goalie who most nights just had to make routine saves.

NYR Fan likes this.
  15. danipman

danipman New Member

And the Devils speed had no effect against the Rangers' offense? Sorry but you sound like a Fan Boi. Rangers had very short periods of possession after game 2. Not to mention a bunch of calls from the refs on marginal NJ offenses and an overall preference by the zebras. L:ets not forget the "phantom roughing" on Hischier while the Devils scored. Seriously, Z, Trouba, Trouchek???? mumble mouth Trouba is the best D man???

16. nj cup

nj cup Member

It’s gotta suck making one finals appearance during your window with the queen and getting slapped around with the princess in net this series. The real king #30 was always on this side of the river girls. Have fun bumbling around whatever big star you want to bring in lol

Espn board will never forget

danipman likes this.
  17. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Missed you the last 10 years Cup

18. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The Devils started to take the shooting lanes away and blocked alot of shots, and the Rangers didn't really adjust. They continued too be too slow moving and predictable.

19. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Sadly, I predicted this it just took two games longer. Poorly constructed team.

20. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

You’re a clown NyFan. I’m just realistic and that’s what a true Ranger fan is. Not a blind homer like you are who thinks they gonna win every series and doesn’t wanna realize when they are constructed poorly. The coach basically came out after the game and said that which will probably get him fired.

Honestly, you’re just acting like a small child that is too immature to admit you were wrong. This team is a one trick pony. When they don’t score on the power-play they don’t win. A true fan doesn’t have a come out and state he is a better fan than other people. A true fan can admit when the other team is better, and the Devils were better. I said all year long the Rangers were sloppy and you saw it again in this game.