Doldrums

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    All legit and good points. In fact, I got my season tickets for a song because it was the summer they drafted Roy and the Jailblazer stench was so strong still.

This too shall pass.

Phatguysrule and Whyachi like this.
  2. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Well it’s kind of been a couple years. Hopefully it doesn’t spiral into a decade.

I’m getting a little long in the tooth.

kjironman1 likes this.
  3. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

I haven’t watched any games this year. Can’t even get them where I live. Mainly checking in on draft position, later player profiles, and then I am watching how the warriors are doing. That’s about it. I honestly have not cared about anything this season. Hoping to see Scoot make some improvements in the Spring but yeah there is not much to root for. Feels almost worse than 2005.

4. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I'm very skeptical of that assertion, and when I click on the link I end up on an awkward and unresponsive website. Never heard of the "digital hawks"

6. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Sharpe getting injured and Scoot not being starting quality have been the biggest bummers to the season.

I kind of thought Ant and Ayton might improve but they've been average or worse.

Not one player right now I want to see this franchise built around, and it's an epically weak draft in a few months.

Think I'm mostly reserved to this being a wasted year as well as next season being a waste too.

Hopefully the 2025 draft has better players and we get some better than expected development of our youth next year. So perhaps the 2025-26 season will be worth looking into.

7. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me that both viewership and attendance is down significantly. I went to the first OKC home game and it look liked about 65-70% full.

kjironman1 likes this.
  8. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

the weekend games help attendance a bit. The Pistons game for instance was on a Sunday (I think), and the Moda Center had a surprising number of fans show up to watch crummy Detroit. Probably around that 70%

9. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  10. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Preferably not before I do, but it's not looking promising

11. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

If the season ended today, I wouldn't mind, kinda be happy.

That probably best exemplifies my level of excitement/interest in the group right now.

Ed O likes this.
  12. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I think the rest of this season will be more fun. Maybe this is wishful thinking but Jerami has shown many many times in his career that he's willing to sit for the entire later season and just collect a check, I have a feeling that Malcolm will too. Maybe they'll even get Tisse to do it.

For me that means a guard rotation of Scoot, Ant and Banton until Sharpe gets in a few games late in the season, it means a forward rotation of Tou, Bari and Kris and I think Deandre will get a lot of nights off and a lot of nights where he plays under 30 minutes so we can see a lot of Duop and Ibou. Also I think in all of the blowouts and I expect there to be plenty, that we'll see all of the non rotation guys getting a ton of PT in the fourth quarter: Rupert, Minaya, Hagans, Badji on nights that Ayton plays and I think we'll pick up another two way guy now that Duop has a regular contract.

It's the time of the season for watching young guys trying to figure shit out, watching Chauncey figure out that the Scoot/Ant back court is a shit idea and hopefully see a lot of aggressive defense and hustle on both ends from our athletic young guys. I put our over/under at three more wins this season and even then I'd probably take the under.

13. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

In case anyone believed the suggestion of 3000 person attendence, here is the Blazers attendence over the first 19 years of the Rose Garden. No season got close to that bad.

Year Gms Total Avg

upload_2024-2-20_14-11-17.png

STOMP likes this.
  14. Whyachi

bad teams doctor up fan attendance every season. I guarantee you, during the ZeBo era, fans were not lining up at GI Joe's to buy Blazer tickets.

15. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Sure, but they don't report 15,000 when they're getting 3,000.

This team is bad and the reported attendence is in the same range as the Z-Bo years.

16. Whyachi

the Sonics and Blazers were fighting with each other during this period. "Who can have an emptier stadium" Obviously the Blazers won, because those crooked OKC oil slangers pushed all the wrong fan buttons, and stole a basketball franchise.

Tince likes this.
  17. SharpesTriumph

This declining attendance does actually concern me. I worry the Blazers might start to worry about lost $ and declining revenue which pushes them to have Cronin make win now moves. Those could be very shortsighted and entrench this team in a decade+ of mediocrity.

As much as I don't like watching this wasted season, I don't want to see a half way done rebuild.

blazerkor likes this.
  18. SharpesTriumph

We have a very different definition of a fun season. That you could elevate this Bantom scrub in a rotation over the 6th man of the year and consider it an improvement.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  19. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Probably true but I have seen games where they reported 15,000 and there were nowhere near that many in attendance. 10,000 at most and that sure seems pretty empty when you are there.

Tince and SharpeScooterShooter like this.
  20. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    Are those tickets sold or actual attendance? I know many teams in many sports claim tickets sold as max capacity but its clear watching the game it's not a full house.