Ex-Navy players face court-martial

Discussion in 'College Football' started by truebluefan, Oct 10, 2013.

  1. truebluefan

    truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Messages:
    212,768
    Likes Received:
    821
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Two U.S. Naval Academy midshipmen will face courts-martial in an alleged sexual assault at an off-campus party while a third will not, the academy's superintendent decided on Thursday. All three midshipmen were former Navy football players.

    Vice Adm. Michael Miller referred Midshipmen Eric Graham and Joshua Tate for courts-martial even though attorneys for the men said a military judge recommended none of the cases should move forward.

    Graham, of Eight Mile, Ala., is charged with abusive sexual contact. Tate, of Nashville, Tenn., is charged with aggravated sexual assault. Both also are accused of making false statements.

    Midshipman Tra'ves Bush, of Johnston, S.C., who had been charged with aggravated sexual assault, will not face trial.

    The alleged victim, a fellow midshipman who was drinking at the April 2012 party, has said she doesn't remember much about the night, and only heard about the sexual encounters later from other people.

    She initially did not want to pursue charges and even asked one of the defendants not to cooperate with investigators in the days following the party, according a phone recording played at a preliminary hearing last month.

    Read more http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9801297/2-ex-navy-football-players-face-court-martial
     

Share This Page