Notice From My Cold Dead Hands......

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Nov 30, 2021.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Haven’t been here in 1,345 shooting deaths…..we still pro gun around here? #GoTrump! Is that how it goes?

2. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Pro equal rights. Not a fan of unfairly restricting the rights of poor and minorities to not as capable self defense as the wealthy.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  3. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

4. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    Not really. Its very possible to be pro guns but anti trump. I think @Phatguysrule would be the epitome of that with me following close behind. Not everything is intertwined.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  5. Phatguysrule

6. THE HCP

So you think @THE HCP is against the rights of the “poor and minorities” or against innocent children’s bodies being shredded by armor piercing bullets simply while trying to get an education or going to church or the grocery store with their families.

7. THE HCP

You think there are Trump supporters who are anti gun/pro choice and anti book burning? Think before you just blurt out yes.

8. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    I'm sorry?

First, That is not what your original post implied, nor what I said in my response. It implied pro gun advocates are trump supporters. Not that there are trump supporters who are anti gun. There is a big difference. I believe you are intelligent enough to know the difference between the two statements. Please do not conflate the two.

Second, Who said anything about book burning, period, in any post or response to you? Is this an attempt to misdirect the confusion you had in the statements above?

Sigh....

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    PtldPlatypus likes this.
  9. Phatguysrule

How did you get that from what I said? I didn't make any judgments about what you are for or against.

I simply said I am opposed to legislation that restricts the poor and minorities more than it restricts the wealthy. Nearly all popular gun control ideas do restrict the poor and minorities far more than they restrict the wealthy.

I have made proposals which do not. Which I think would be every bit as effective and which I believe most Americans would support.

These are not new or novel or genius ideas. But they aren't supported by politicians, IMO, because they would be effective, yet not divisive.

10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Female shooter Genesse Moreno at Joel Osteen's megachurch is 'schizophrenic, Munchausen-by-proxy' who LEGALLY purchased AR-15 despite being known to cops for mental illness
    • The shooter has been identified as Genesse Ivonne Moreno, 36
    • She entered the church with a five-year-old boy who was critically injured
    • A 57-year-old male bystander was also shot but is expected to survive

A Texas woman who opened fire at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church was accused of being a schizophrenic with Munchausen-by-proxy - but was still able to legally purchase the AR-15 she used to unleash horror on Sunday.

Gunwoman Genesse Ivonne Moreno, 36, had a lengthy criminal record going back to 2005, including charges of assault, weapons, marijuana possession and forgery charges. She also had a history of mental illness and was held in an emergency detention order in 2016, police said Monday.

They also revealed they found anti-Semitic writings and that Moreno appeared to have issues with Jewish relatives.

'We do believe that there was a familial dispute that has taken place between her ex-husband and her ex-husband's family, some of whom are Jewish,' police said in a press conference.

Moreno used several identities under both genders and it's unclear what gender she identified as. However, police said on Monday she is believed to be the biological mother of the seven-year-old she brought into the church with her.

The gunwoman's mom reportedly attended the Houston megachurch and its staff may have been questioned about the shooter during her contentious divorce battle, according to documents seen by KHOU11.

Court records from 2022 show that Moreno's ex-mother-in-law Walli Carranza accused her and her mother of keeping the child away from his father Enrique Carranza, who is currently in jail in Florida for failing to register as a sex offender.

Carranza claimed Moreno had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and Munchausen by proxy - and that she was investigated by Child Protected Services four times and found to have harmed the child twice.

However, the mother-in-law did not show up to court, and a judge made Moreno the managing conservator of the boy, now fighting for his life after being shot in the head in the gunfight.

Despite the sordid history, Texas officials revealed on Monday that Moreno was able to legally purchase the assault rifle in December.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-female-shooter-opened-fire-congregation.html

11. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Texas neighbors said they tried to sound the alarm about Houston church shooter for months
    Several residents in Conroe, Texas, said they were afraid to be outside because the woman had displayed firearms and targeted, harassed and threatened them.

CONROE, Texas — Years before a shooter opened fire at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston, residents in the small neighborhood said they had run-ins with the suspect, who frightened them.

Six women who live in the neighborhood in Conroe, a north Houston suburb, said the woman, Genesse Ivonne Moreno, targeted them, harassed them, threatened them, displayed firearms and made them fear being outside their homes.

Late Monday afternoon, the women held a news conference in the drivewayof a hometo describe what they said they have been enduring and to criticize what they said wasofficials’ failure to respond to their reports about Moreno.

“No one should have died. No one should have been hurt. This should have been handled years ago, and here we are again,” said Jill, the president of the neighborhood association, who would not give her last name for fear of retaliation.

The women who spoke said things got so bad in the neighborhood that five of them spent a day about five months ago talking to local elected officials, police, the sheriff’s office and the city’s legal department. They wrote lettersto the neighborhood's property management company and met with its lawyer, and they called media, said Linda Giutta, who lives in the neighborhood.

They said a cease-and-desist order was issued after that meeting.

“We cannot do anything more than what we did. We tried to stop this,” Giutta said. “We tried to help her. We tried to help us. We tried to help the public. Something needs to get done.”

One of the women, Heather, who gave only her first name out of fear of retaliation, said she made a complaint against Moreno, alleging she threatened her with a handgun on July 4, 2022.

Heather said Moreno had screamed expletives at her when she was watering her lawn early that morning. Heather said that she walked to Moreno's home and that the woman pointed a handgun at her from behind the trunk of her car. She said Conroe police documented the incident as a threat.

"We're being told ‘see something, say something.’ Well, we're seeing stuff, we are saying stuff ... and Conroe PD is not helping us," Heather said. "I don't want to bash them, but help us. Please."

Neither the police department nor Conroe’s five council members immediately responded to requests for comment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...larm-houston-church-shooter-months-rcna138516

12. Phatguysrule

Imagine if she just had a simple restriction added to her ID at any one of those crimes... We already have a state ID system set up to transfer from state to state. Already have a process and a place for entering restrictions on state ID and drivers licenses, and no additional systems would even need to be created.

This person is a repeat violent criminal. Enter restriction, confiscate current ID, and give her paperwork to purchase a new ID which will have the restriction. Also included would be instructions for the review/appeal process which would put her in contact with mental health workers who could provide treatment and/or sign off on lifting the restriction if she were deemed healthy and had no further infractions.

13. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

It's Texas. Wouldn't matter if she had 'NOT SAFE TO HAVE GUN' tattooed on her face.

barfo

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  14. Phatguysrule

It would if giving her a gun resulted in a felony for you and you losing your right to access guns.

If we make it easy to determine who shouldn't have guns then there is no plausible deniability.

15. barfo

I meant that Texas would pass a law saying that such people cannot be restricted from having firearms. Exceptions only if they intend to use it to perform an abortion.

barfo

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. Phatguysrule

It is illegal in Texas for a felon to possess a firearm. As far as I am aware, that is the case for every state in the US.

17. barfo

I thought the story was that she bought the gun legally.

barfo

18. Phatguysrule

My suggestion would have made it illegal. It would have been impossible to miss it unless the people selling the gun were complicit or too stupid and careless to have that job (which they would no longer be able to keep, because they'd be felons, restricted from access to firearms).

Restricting violent criminals from owning or purchasing firearms would be very popular in Texas. Most republicans (and most democrats) love locking up people who commit crimes and restricting them.

That's how we kept slavery going in this country.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  19. barfo

Well, it depends on whether the criminal is a good person who might have made a mistake or three, or, you know, one of 'those people'.

barfo

Phatguysrule likes this.
  20. Phatguysrule

That's already the case. We need to work on it, for sure. But we need to work on that anyway.

If you say criminals people will support it.