Game Thread GAME# 81: BLAZERS @ NUGGETS - APRIL 9, 2018 - MONDAY, 6:00 PM (PST), NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Apr 7, 2018.

?

Of the following teams, which would you want to win the championship?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2018.
  1. Spurs

18.5%
  2. Rockets

3.7%
  3. Thunder

14.8%
  4. Warriors

63.0%
  1. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

If Terry called out CJ in private, it didn’t work.

Strenuus and BonesJones like this.
  2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Except beating Utah doesn't mean anything. If Utah beats us ON wednesdq y, they get the 3 seed, no matter if they lose against Golden State or not.

3. BonesJones

As one of the most objevtive, soumd-minded posters, you definitely see what I see in Stotts, even though I can't explain it as well as you can.

Or maybe I can see what you see.

Either way, a lot of posters realize where he's lacking and I believe it's from a place of wisdom, not overemotionalism (is that a word..?) and your analysis further confirms that, in my opinion.

HolyBackboard likes this.
  4. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

If we can’t beat Utah Wednesday then I give up. They will be coming off a back to back and the game is home

BonesJones likes this.
  5. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Can someone explain to me two rules violations and why they weren't called differently?

1) Mike Malone running onto the court while we have a fast break forcing the officials to stop the play. How is this just a technical? It should have been an automatic ejection. I know this isn't the rule but they should have treated it like both a technical foul and a clear path foul. If this isn't treated like a more serious infraction Stotts should just do this once a game to stop a fast break at key moments. What a complete joke! Also, I'm not sure who it is but there is a Denver player that leaves the bench to come onto the court to try and control him.

2) Plumlee fouled Nurkic in the last two minutes away from the ball (the elbow to the head). Away from the play fouls in the last two minutes of any quarter are supposed to be one free throw and the ball. Are they actually trying to say that the foul was on the ball and part of the play? It was a 3 point game at this point so we should've been given a free throw and the ball. Instead they called it just a regular foul with Nurk shooting two free throws.

Edit: @dviss1

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    bodyman5000 and 1 and TBpup like this.
  6. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

You're right, Dame is not Lamarcus. I do trust dame more than Lamarcus.

I still don't believe what they say about a coach or a player is the truth unless it's off the record. That's the difference.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  7. Strenuus

For part two, I think you're confusing away from the play fouls (intentional) with incidental. Also, the other time that happens is on a dead-ball inbounds. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

The first one... yeah, I commented on that during the game... that's almost always an ejection. Weird that it wasn't.

8. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Man, don’t let that angry little jonesbones guy ruin this place for you. Almost sounds like you want to quit this place because of him. Wouldn’t be the first time he’s made somebody leave because of his behavior.

9. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    No, I'm not confusing it. Any foul that is not part of a basketball play is considered an intentional foul in the last 2 minutes of every quarter. The only possible explanation is that they are saying Nurk was rolling as part of the pick and roll but that is complete bullshit. Otherwise why wouldn't players just "accidentally" elbow or run into a guy like DeAndre Jordan off the ball. A few years ago, a Blazer player (might have been Meyers Leonard with a smart play, ha ha ha) intentionally fouled Jordan while he was setting a pick in the last two minutes of a game. Since he was setting a pick it was considered part of the basketball play and just the normal two free throws were given to Jordan. The play tonight was completely different. Nurk had set a pick but had left the area with the ball and wasn't part of the play for several seconds before being fouled.

10. Strenuus

Oh, I see where you're at. Unfortunately, I was listening to radio so I didn't actually see the play. (I was trying to watch it, but it was really crappy, so I just went with radio)

11. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Always. We'd be undefeated if the refs didn't hate us so much.

12. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Playing 5 on 8 is unfair. I'm writing a sternly worded email to the league office..... or would thst be a silverly worded email?

HailBlazers and kjironman1 like this.
  13. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
  14. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Got to agree Pat was awful. Not sure what he was doing out there? Thing is he has also had plenty of good minutes. It's not that i'm against playing Wade at all. But thinking he is the answer seems to be the new bell to ring.

15. kjironman1

That is exactly what is happening. Teams do not have to guard Aminu. Sagging off him. We watched this last season also.
    Not sure this is Stotts fault. He could make a decision and start Collins but other than that i'm not sure what he can do here?

16. kjironman1

So you think they should start Baldwin and bring CJ off the bench? What is your point here?

17. kjironman1

I believe the wording is intentional foul away from the ball. It was called as a common foul away from the ball. But they did discuss whether it was a Flag 1. Came back as common foul. But the only real wording i can find is about inbound plays away from the ball. So that leads me to believe that because this was not an inbound play they treated it in the same manner as the screen type foul.

Now as far as Malone goes. Totally agree on both parts. Should be a game suspension for the player and that type of Tech should be looked at for ejection.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  18. BonesJones

I like the way you post! So enthralling!

I'll help you: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/enthralling

19. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    This! Stotts doesn't seem to care if a player can't hit the broadside....as long as he is open. Well Coach, there is a reason Aminu is open on most nights. Fortunately players like Ed Davis and Nurkic are smart enough to know when they are open from '3', they shouldn't just jack up a shot. Aminu hasn't figured out he is open for a reason. CJ always thinks he is open no matter what the situation.

This is because they are allowed and that the coach doesn't hold them accountable to make a better play.

20. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

SO. MUCH. THIS.