GT: Playoffs 2007 - 1st Round - Rockets vs. Jazz G7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tracymcgrady_01, May 3, 2007.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">steam03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">must be tough for him to cover up for jvg for the public....he said jvg was the best person ..best coach he ever had...best individual...he wouldn't comment on firing jvg and said he would leave it for the management...but he wanted him back....

this HAS to be fake...it just has to be....</div>
    Right, there's a whole conspiracy to have Jeff Van Gundy be elected President of the USA one day.

2. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">steam03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">must be tough for him to cover up for jvg for the public....he said jvg was the best person ..best coach he ever had...best individual...he wouldn't comment on firing jvg and said he would leave it for the management...but he wanted him back....

this HAS to be fake...it just has to be....</div>

Well maybe he likes JVG so much because JVG never questions his shot selection or attempts. One time, a reporter asked Tmac about his horrible shot selection and why he took so many shots after a game and Tmac reply saying that JVG has said anything, so he'll keep on firing.

3. steam03

steam03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">igotask8board Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">YOU CALL THAT HELP? THERE WAS 1.7 SECONDS LEFT. IT WAS OVER!!! THAT IS NOT HELP!</div>

ya i called that help because yao did not even touch AK yet..call was made.....and when yao finally fouled AK...the ball wasn't even in AK's hand....how much more can refs help us

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Man I'm so happy for T-Mac..</div>

Thanks! I so happy for Dirk!! MVP!!MVP!!MVP!!!
    [​IMG]

5. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

^He hates Dirk so he doesn't care.

<div class="quote_poster">steam03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">ya i called that help because yao did not even touch AK yet..call was made.....and when yao finally fouled AK...the ball wasn't even in AK's hand....how much more can refs help us</div>

Acctually Yao did hand check AK...about 2 seconds before the whistle.

Thanks for the "help" Bernie Fryer.

6. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm surprised nobody really mentioned it, but did anyone else think they took too much time off the clock offensively? We are down by 4, the last thing we need to do is to burn more time off.

7. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Too many chances to win. We could've finished this in game 6 but we didn't. They were quicker than us. Boozer ****** yao ming up. He snagged over yao, I liked our comeback from 16 down, but man how dissapointing and a heart breaker. This was the year I felt that we could go far. Everyone was hyped, but man we had too many chances. We could've held the lead to finish. Man I am so mad. Jazz deserved a lot of credit they played great. Also you can't bale rafer. Even though he didn't play good stat-wise he made some key plays. My emotional man tmac left everything out on the floor tonight. He tried his best. Yao did his thing. Man I feel for tmac. I hope some when or whenever tmac ends up getting past first round.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Question is what will the Rockets do in the postseason to get them to the next round at least. Both McGrady and Yao should be about 29 and 27 respectively.

9. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

First off, we were seriously outcoached this series. The only reason we won the first two games was because the Jazz missed shots they normally make. After Okur got going and AK started hitting, we were doomed. With that said, we HAD THE GAME IN THE PALM OF OUR HANDS. We were up 5 with about 4 minutes left and instead slowing the game down like a smart point guard, Rafer slips and FALLS ON HIS AZZ!! The Jazz get the loose ball and Boozer gets an easy layup at the end. That was the turning point in the game.

<div align="center">FINAL CONCLUSION</div>

From the jump, I didn't like JVG's way of running things. Remember the 8-man rotation he settled on earlier in the season? Well he prolly should've reconsidered it. Our "jumpshooting" came back and KILLED us in the playoffs, like I predicted it would. The Jazz posted up atleast 6 different players in the paint, while we jacked up 3's. Bonzi Wells, our most experienced 3rd option, wasn't apparently good enuff for JVG. Instead of gettin him ready for the playoffs midseason, he decided to keep him inactive because he "didn't wanna mess up" his rotation. What he failed to realize is that his "rotation" was missing toughness, and a reliable 3rd option who can create for others. Our defense was always good, very good. But our offense was slow, predictable and too simplistic for today's style of play. I was mad, frustrated & angry the Rockets lost. But one thing is for sure, JVG should either quit or get fired. He's failed our players & organization this year. All over his stubbornness.

10. foo82

foo82 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">First off, we were seriously outcoached this series. The only reason we won the first two games was because the Jazz missed shots they normally make. After Okur got going and AK started hitting, we were doomed. With that said, we HAD THE GAME IN THE PALM OF OUR HANDS. We were up 5 with about 4 minutes left and instead slowing the game down like a smart point guard, Rafer slips and FALLS ON HIS AZZ!! The Jazz get the loose ball and Boozer gets an easy layup at the end. That was the turning point in the game.

<div align="center">FINAL CONCLUSION</div>

From the jump, I didn't like JVG's way of running things. Remember the 8-man rotation he settled on earlier in the season? Well he prolly should've reconsidered it. Our "jumpshooting" came back and KILLED us in the playoffs, like I predicted it would. The Jazz posted up atleast 6 different players in the paint, while we jacked up 3's. Bonzi Wells, our most experienced 3rd option, wasn't apparently good enuff for JVG. Instead of gettin him ready for the playoffs midseason, he decided to keep him inactive because he "didn't wanna mess up" his rotation. What he failed to realize is that his "rotation" was missing toughness, and a reliable 3rd option who can create for others. Our defense was always good, very good. But our offense was slow, predictable and too simplistic for today's style of play. I was mad, frustrated & angry the Rockets lost. But one thing is for sure, JVG should either quit or get fired. He's failed our players & organization this year. All over his stubbornness.</div>

Were you even watching the game? We barely took jumpshots. We penetrated more in this series than we did in most games. Our "jump shots" were mainly bad shots from Tmac or open 3's. Hell, Jazz is more of a jump shooting team than we are.

11. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">foo82 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Were you even watching the game? We barely took jumpshots. We penetrated more in this series than we did in most games. Our "jump shots" were mainly bad shots from Tmac or open 3's. Hell, Jazz is more of a jump shooting team than we are.</div>

Are you kidding? We are third in 3pt % for the season and i believe top 5 in 3pt attempts. Utah on the other hand is 2 in FG% and I dont think they shoot THAT well from outside. They get the ball inside and know how to execute.

12. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

All I have to say is this one still hurts and will probably hurt until tip off next season.....I seriously want to cry right now......as much as I love Tmac the dude pulled a Dirk in the last 5 minutes.....overall he didn't play good this series, he let an undersized Derek Fisher contain him........that should never EVER happen......this offseason we need

A. a new coach
    B. maybe Tmac has to go......maybe....and I really hate saying this
    C. a PG....Rafer is a good backup
    D. another shooter or two
    E. a PF....Chuck Hayes plays his heart out, but heart don't make up for 6'4 all of the time.

I'm soooooooooo depressed right now....this one hurts a lot..........

13. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">My thoughts exactly. I think that T-Mac and Battier had brain farts.</div>

I think it was Alston. No? Alston and Battier.

14. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

Any of you that think T-Mac didn't do his job.. maybe not in the games we lost... but in game 7, im not going to blame Tmac.

Yao just couldn't hold Boozer and neither can he push Okur all the way in.

Man .. I was over the loss fast... because Jazz played like THEY WANTED IT. Rockets didn't play like a team should when it could be their last game.

I didn't want to cry or anything ... I mean.. its over .. its over... til I saw the T-Mac conference.

15. yudalicious

yudalicious JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Any of you that think T-Mac didn't do his job.. maybe not in the games we lost... but in game 7, im not going to blame Tmac.
    </div>

I personally felt that TMac played settled too much in other games of the series (namely game 6) and he settled for jumpers in 2 key plays when we had the slight lead when he should've driven it in (Utah was in penalty). BUT, at the same time, I feel like that's what we should expect from TMac, alot of times he'll make incredible jumpers, so I don't think it's right to blame him. On the other hand, I feel like Yao has regressed a bit, especially on the offensive end. I'm not going to blame him for getting torched by Boozer, it was a huge mismatch, nothing he could've done. Anyway... offseason starts, TMac needs to work on being healthy, Yao needs to work on getting stronger hands and not losing the ball so much, and finishing w/ contact. My heart was broken last night, just now starting to recover... Sigh, next season I guess.

16. The Dream

tmac was MIA in the last 5 minutes...that just can't happen in an elimination game.......

17. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">All I have to say is this one still hurts and will probably hurt until tip off next season.....I seriously want to cry right now......as much as I love Tmac the dude pulled a Dirk in the last 5 minutes.....overall he didn't play good this series, he let an undersized Derek Fisher contain him........that should never EVER happen......this offseason we need

A. a new coach
    B. maybe Tmac has to go......maybe....and I really hate saying this
    C. a PG....Rafer is a good backup
    D. another shooter or two
    E. a PF....Chuck Hayes plays his heart out, but heart don't make up for 6'4 all of the time.

I'm soooooooooo depressed right now....this one hurts a lot..........</div>

Man I feel you. I wanted to cry so bad after we lost. It hurts a lot seeing Rockets get knocked out of first round again, and most importantly, Tmac not getting past first round again. We'll get over it by next season, but these days, it hurts. Tmac was determined and wanted to win bad, but the guy didn't play like the Tmac 2 years ago. He wasn't aggresive at all. All we can do now is wait till draft and the next year's season.

18. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">foo82 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Were you even watching the game? We barely took jumpshots. We penetrated more in this series than we did in most games. Our "jump shots" were mainly bad shots from Tmac or open 3's. Hell, Jazz is more of a jump shooting team than we are.</div>
    Are u serious? You have to be joking[​IMG] Utah posted up Boozer, Hapring, Williams & Kirelinko all in the 4th quarter. Almost all of their shots came from their post options. What game were u watching[​IMG]

19. The Dream

tmac settled for the jumpshot too much down the stretch and early on also...the refs were making the calls in the 4th quarter and we were in the penalty, so every foul meant FTs.....I can't even get up for the remainder of the playoffs now....I was in the 6th grade the last time we won a playoff series.......that was over a damn decade ago, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I JUST WANT TO WIN ONE DAMN SERIES!!!!......I bleed rockets red, but this s@!t is just getting old.....I wannna win again damnit...

20. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

I want to say sorry to the Rockets fans. It must hurt.

Carlos Boozer in the paint is very strong. He has got to be one of the strongest players in the NBA.