GT: Rockets at Heat (11/12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Mag, Nov 11, 2006.

1. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Can Juwan Howard grab a damn defensive rebound? He gave up one that ended up in a three, and he had his back to the basket on that last possession.

2. Shiver

Shiver JBB JustBBall Member

I notice when i tuned in that tmac wasnt playing (around start of 2nd quarter){ untill much later, maybe he is sick, or maybe jvg doesnt want to risk injuring him so he is getting less minutes.

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Shiver Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I notice when i tuned in that tmac wasnt playing (around start of 2nd quarter){ untill much later, maybe he is sick, or maybe jvg doesnt want to risk injuring him so he is getting less minutes.</div>

That's the usual rotation with McGrady this season.

4. Rockets_1

Rockets_1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Shiver Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I notice when i tuned in that tmac wasnt playing (around start of 2nd quarter){ untill much later, maybe he is sick, or maybe jvg doesnt want to risk injuring him so he is getting less minutes.</div>

well he is getting less minutes probably because of the risk of injury, but he just hasn't looked right all season long other than the one game when he had 32.

5. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Damn, I'm really worried that maybe he's pulled a Penny Hardaway...

Anyway, Rockets are doing pretty good, and its a very close game. So far Yao's having a great game, its just that he needs a lot more help if we're going to win this one tonight.

6. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

We need Tmac to get back to his old self in order for us to be successful this year. He needs to pick it up soon. Im getting worried.

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Damn, TMac shooting just 4-16.

Yao, though, has 20 points and has at least outplayed Shaq statistically. Battier's 11 points has kept us in the game. Down just one.

8. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

The fact that we're leading in this game is comical. . considering this is the worst basketball we've played this season. Yao has 20? Incredible, really. It's a quiet 20, Shaq took it to him when they went 1 v 1. I think Yao still doesn't get the benefit of calls that Shaq did. O'Neal fouled him more than one occasion, and he didn't get a call. Atleast he's doing somewhat better. In order to win we really have to stretch the defense to get Yao down deeper in the paint. Late in the third he was forced too far out and was constantly doubled.

9. ownage

OMG WTF, Yao had 10 rebs then got that offensive reb where he tried to put it back in , in the air, and didnt get the foul call. He should have 11 rebs now, the NBA boxscore says he still had 10...

10. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Sexy. . seems like T-Mac's decided to show up to the party. Excellent play from T-Mac to Yao. Luther Head with two big 3's, we look like we might be able to win this.

11. ownage

Bank shot by Yao then bank by Tmac, this is getting ugly, lol. Whatever gets the W.

12. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

BLOWOUTTT TIME. Will edit this post later.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

Yao is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. ownage

Yao with a 35-17-7blk performance against the worst team in the league last year, then a 34-14 performance against the champs. Great game. I believe his 14 rebs (should be 15) puts him in the 20-10 category [​IMG]

TMAC PLEASE STEP UP!!

15. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ JBB JustBBall Member

Thoughts

Rockets win 94-72, blowing out the Heat in the 4th qtr.

Yao with 34 & 14, just reinforcing the fact that he is now the best center in the game. [​IMG]

T-Mac with a rough shooting night but with 8 more dimes, maybe he's now looking to be more of a creator than a finisher with Yao dominating as he is.

16. dingking

dingking JBB JustBBall Member

Shaq formally passed his torch to Yao! Great.

17. steam03

steam03 JBB JustBBall Member

i wana c michael vendre's (or something) next article!...must be fun to read it!

and GotSkillz would probably tell us 'yao dropped 34&14...it's just the heats'

18. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Wow, Yao just lit up in the second half. He's playing a lot more aggressively and it showed. He was able to get any type of shot he wanted and he still showed his range from 15 feet out, finishing off with 34 points and 14 rebounds. I wonder how much he would have if they would get him more cheap defensive rebounds, lol.

19. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

McGrady didn't have a typically Mcgrady game but he played great when it mattered in those crucial minutes in the fourth when it was still a close game. I believe he had 2 fgs and 5 assists on 7 straight possessions which is amazing.

20. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

The scary part is this team with yao at his level and Tmac when he starts lighting it up! THATS A SCARY THOUGHT.