Pending Miami Heat free agent center Hassan Whiteside hopes to have his future decided on the first day of free agency next week and emphasized Sunday he remains open to all potential suitors. "I really don't think it's about loyalty -- I think it's just about (finding) the best situation for myself," Whiteside said Sunday. "I didn't say (Miami) wasn't the best situation, but we're going to see what happens. It's not like I'm really counting the Heat out or counting on another team. It's just open." Whiteside, 27, is widely regarded throughout the NBA as one of the top five talents available when free agency opens July 1. Oklahoma City forward Kevin Durant will be the marquee free agent in the market, but Whiteside has already reportedly commanded significant interest from the Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, Portland Trail Blazers and Golden State Warriors, among other suitors. Last month, Heat president Pat Riley said retaining the NBA's reigning leader in blocked shots as the team's top priority -- even entering an offseason when Miami must also reach a deal to re-sign franchise catalyst Dwyane Wade. The Heat can sign Whiteside to a maximum contract worth $98 million over four seasons, which is slightly more than any outside suitor could offer the athletic 7-footer. Addressing his free agency for the first time since the Heat's playoff run ended in the second round, Whiteside spoke to a dozen reporters after he attended a Mountain Dew NBA 3X street basketball tournament that featured a team comprised of his former college and high school teammates. - See more at: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...iteside-hopes-decide-free-agent-future-july-1