How come...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Pakman, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

How come T-Mac doesn't look to drive in anymore?
    How come he doesn't dunk with authority like he used to?

Why does he settle for jumpshots when the lane is open and the basket is waiting for a dunk by him?

Has T-mac slowed down... or what? Ever since he joined Houston, I have BARELY ever seen the real T-Mac in him. The T-mac that did the amazing dunks and had a balanced attack from outside and inside.

Would you guys say that its ok for him not to drive in as much since Yao is inside, and Tmac is outside?
    Making it a balanced - inside/outside attack?

I say, when Tmac has the open lane, he should go for the dunk. He needs to make it clear, once again, that he is the same Tmac. Because I hate it when Tmac settles for the jumpshot like he isn't skilled enough to go in an dunk on someone.

2. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Yea..i noticed that too. I think it's his back. The more he drives, the more contact. The more contact, the more pressure is on his back

3. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

Well his first season here, he still took it to the basket (see dunk on Bradley in the first round of the 05 playoffs), BUT this preseason I already pointed out that he does seem a little reluctant to drive and at times looks rather sluggish....hopefully we're wrong.

4. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

I definetly think that his back has affected this all. If his back was as good as it was back in the Orlando days, then I definetly think he would drive in more.

5. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

I think you'll are over analyzing. Its probably nothing. I haven't noticed it bu if he is reluctant to drive it is probably because its just preaseason and hes trying to get the shot back after missing so much basketball.

Last preaseason he drove to the rim and got kneed in the chest causing him to miss one regular season game.

6. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

When Yao's in the game he takes up a lot of space in the lane. And for the sake of his back, I'd rather he take it easy.

7. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

His back isn't going to allow him to be the T-Mac of old. I can see him coming into the same situation as Larry Bird. Back injuries are always chronic, and players are never the same afterwards.

8. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

It would be sad if the 04-05 season was his last great season. I don't want to see another great talent go to waste.

So far, he's had few chances in the playoffs, but his teammates never come through. Even when he averaged 32 points in the 03 playoffs against Detroit his teammates failed him. Game 7 of the Rockets-Mavs series, outside of Yao and T-Mac, the Rockets only scored 16 points.

I hope he returns to his old form this season and stays that way until he (hopefully) retires as a Rocket. If that happens, I can see a ring or two on his hand by the end of this decade (2010).

9. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

I saw this BS again last game. Its like Tmac doesn't try his hardest til the game is on the line or its 4th quarter. He didn't even drive in that much til 4th quarter.

10. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    guys.. its normal... look at kobe;s game... when he was young he too was dunking like crazy but not too much anymore coz the body cant take too much contact night in and night out...

another example is MJ

11. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

there was one play in particular last night, where I was certain Tmac was going to throw it down...instead he opted to lay it up and got fouled.

12. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">there was one play in particular last night, where I was certain Tmac was going to throw it down...instead he opted to lay it up and got fouled.</div>

I actually can't remember a single time he has dunked so far this year (including the preseason).

13. igotask8board

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">there was one play in particular last night, where I was certain Tmac was going to throw it down...instead he opted to lay it up and got fouled.</div>

I saw that and it bothered me.

My first 3 reactions when T-Mac got fouled before half time:
    -What the hell, did T-Mac just airball that bad?
    -Yes! He gets 3 freethrows...(it was a foul)
    -Awwwe, but T-Mac is shooting them. [​IMG]

I never thought I'd ever have to say that.

On a lighter note, he went 2/3.

14. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

I'm worried too.

He just doesn't seem to have "it" anymore. Think about this...

Do you ever see LeBron James play a full game without making a SINGLE play that makes you go "damn, that was nice"?

Kobe?
    Dwyane?
    Vince?

Well, there wasn't anything even remotely close to that last night from Tracy, and nothing during the entire preseason either really. I'm starting to think his time to be that guy has come and gone, which basically means our championship hopes drop significantly.

[​IMG]

15. igotask8board

<div class="quote_poster">Sniper Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm worried too.

He just doesn't seem to have "it" anymore. Think about this...

Do you ever see LeBron James play a full game without making a SINGLE play that makes you go "damn, that was nice"?

Kobe?
    Dwyane?
    Vince?

Well, there wasn't anything even remotely close to that last night from Tracy, and nothing during the entire preseason either really. I'm starting to think his time to be that guy has come and gone, which basically means our championship hopes drop significantly.

[​IMG]</div>

Not only that, but we would be stuck with a 17, 19, 21, and 22 million dollar salary for the next 4 years! The Rockets organization would be screwed. Unless Yao can become the next Chamberlain that is.

I don't care about that as much, because I would probably stop watching Rockets games (would I?) if T-Mac really did lose it and ends up like Penny Hardaway.

Let's hope not.

16. AMS_ICE

AMS_ICE JBB JustBBall Member

It would be a shame if T-Mac won't be able to play to his abilities because of his injury. Penny could have been one of the greatest of all time (good example igotask8board). But his injuries got to him and he couldn't recover. The way his career ended wasn't fitting for how he started. Hardaway was compared to Magic, Pippen, and Michael Jordan once said that when he plays against Penny, that it was like looking in the mirror. Mcgrady is an incredible talent. If there is anyone worthy of being called as "The Franchise", it's T-Mac. Hopefully he can get his game back.