Inseason Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Nov 3, 2023.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Are you fucking kidding me? I’ve been a major fan of the game for 35 years. I’ve seen games in every NBA city and I’ve had a popular podcast about the league as a whole. And don’t fucking tell us why we hate the Lakers. Fuck off.

2. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Also- I’ve had seasons where I watch every single game in the playoffs. Have you?

3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Whoa Eric I was just trying to get a reaction and I did but don't get yourself in trouble. The post I was responding to did sound like someone who doesn't like the game but just likes our team... I knew you weren't one of those people because you've talked a lot about going to non Blazers games everywhere including a ton at Madison Square Garden. Chill out man. Also why do you hate the Lakers? I just find it weird that so many in here are almost obsessed with the Lakers but their fans aren't too concerned with us.

4. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I just don’t have time like that I guess?
    I watch the Blazers and a couple games off and on every week. Maybe when I’m retired?

THE HCP likes this.
  5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I do it every night FAMS! Love the game too much to be locked into just ONE team.

blazerkor and Hoopguru like this.
  6. THE HCP

Will a MOD get your chihuahua on a leash please. Lighten up Uber driver!

blazerkor likes this.
  7. THE HCP

Thanks to whoever invented the VCR/DVR and streaming! You’d be surprised how tough it is to travel year round for work and have a wife and two kids and still catch a few games a night of your favorite sport!

kjironman1 and Hoopguru like this.
  8. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Why do I hate the Lakers? 1991, first off. And 2000 of course. Not to mention 2001 and 2002.

9. blazerkor

I guess that's a fair reason. Do you hate the Warriors and Spurs too? The Spurs pulled off the Memorial Day Miracle and proceeded to sweep us, they also ended our season in 2014. The Warriors sent us packing in 2016 and swept us out of the WCF in 2019. I realize I don't have to give you a history lesson about our team and it's not just you. I just wonder where all of the Lakers hate comes from in so much of our fan base and why for some dumbass reason people expect me to hate them just because I love our team.

Oh and by the way... telling someone to fuck off because they question how much you like the game is pretty fucking rude and I don't think it's aloud in this forum.

10. THE HCP

And to think, if he gets banned, all you have to do is change your name and you can return!!!

blazerkor likes this.
  11. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Well said.

KingSpeed and BlazerBeav like this.
  12. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    We had the best record in the NBA in 1991. We were one of the best teams ever. It was a devastating loss. And we had a 17 point lead early in the 4th qtr in Game 7 of the WCF in 2000. Then they swept us twice more. We were never favored against GS and SA. We never an all time great team when playing them. And from 1989 to present, we’ve played the Lakers in the playoffs 6 times. We’ve played GS and SA 3 times each so yeah, it’s a big difference. And no, you were the rude one. I just reacted like a real fan would. Shame on you. Two can play at that game. And it’s “allowed” lol. Learn to spell. Then type on a public message board. You’re embarrassing yourself. My god, you wonder where the Laker hate comes from? Are you 12?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2023
  13. blazerkor

I was the rude one? I embarrass myself? Eric you really need to get a grip I know you won't because you've been this way since I got here from O-Live and it's not cool.

It's fine that you hate the Lakers. The reasons that you've stated are good enough because they're why you feel that way. I hated the Kobe Lakers a ton. I didn't hate the showtime Lakers but I certainly didn't like them at all. Those were times when we had a rivalry with them. I guess I just don't hold a grudge long enough for you.

I'm a big fan of our team, I'm a big fan of basketball, I definitely watch any game that I think will be high level competition and all of our games and I don't care what you think of my fandom.

You've been kicked out of this forum before for personal insults. The way you addressed me is unacceptable. You saying that what I said to incite that was worse is laughable because I was just trolling you a bit and you troll this place all of the time. Good luck with everything.

14. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

And that 2023 BINGO card gets another ink blot

Phatguysrule likes this.
  15. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Why can’t I see how many stars this post has?

THE HCP and Whyachi like this.
  16. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Odd that you have to ask this as a Blazers fan. Those Blazers teams weren't winning the finals. 1991 and 2000 likely would have.

17. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

A big reason I hate Warriors is I live here surrounded by bandwagon jumpers.

I don't hate the Spurs although it is irritating the basketball gods favored them three times. I hate the Lakers. Spurs won with grace. They talk about worthy opponent and shake hands. Lakers insult opponents and boast of their greatness.

Like the difference between Obama and Trump.

18. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Not true. Have to grease some paws as well.

THE HCP and kjironman1 like this.
  19. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

The fee for banning went from $25 to $50.
    I assume the fee for reinstatement has increased as well?
    This 100% inflation rate is wild!

20. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

It used to be --- we'd watch those other teams to get an idea how they utilize their talent, what strategies opponents like to envoke during hard fought contests. So when the Blazers are matched up against an incoming team, we would already have a Blazer fan film session. We'd see our guys shutting down what helped the opponent in previous games, take advantage of opponent weaknesses.

With the next gen Blazer rebuild currently underway, we can still watch opponents play basketball, and get ready to laugh our ass off if the Blazers can find a way to beat those chumps.