Is this team better than the one of 2004-2005?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by ZhuangCorp, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ZhuangCorp

ZhuangCorp JBB JustBBall Member

I'm really liking this new team we have, but I still can't help but wonder what if we had those guys from before:

Bob Sura,
    Mike James,
    Jon Barry
    David Wesley,
    Andre Barrett

I really felt like we had a special team that year. The chemistry was so great, and it felt like many old guys were rejeuvenated, like jon barry and mutombo. Seemed like the players loved to be part of the team.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Good to see you back Zhuang.

If you ask me, I'd definitely pick the 04-5 team from the second half of the season over this one here. Sura had James to back him up; Wesley had Barry; Yao had a better Mutombo and Howard had Padgett who was playing quite well for us. This year, we have a better starting five but the 04-05 squad was better depth-wise.

3. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

While this squad has more potential (when I say potential I mean it really has potential), it doesn't have the chemistry that squad did. Chemistry on a team is everything.

4. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

If healthy I'd have to say this years team.....I believe Novak,Snyder,Head,Vspan,Hayes,Howard,Padgett and Deke will be plenty enough depth wise.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">it doesn't have the chemistry that squad did. Chemistry on a team is everything.
    </div>

well we don't know yet, so I don't think we can say that the other squad will have more chemistry.

5. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

I believe it is. We really didnt have a 3rd option on the team 2 years back. Now we have battier and wells [​IMG]

6. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">TmacGarnett Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">While this squad has more potential (when I say potential I mean it really has potential), it doesn't have the chemistry that squad did. Chemistry on a team is everything.</div>

What he said.

7. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

I would say on paper it's not even close...or really debatable. This year's team has a better starting 5, better depth, more athleticism, more youth, etc.

The only question to me is chemistry, but I'm really not worried about that at all. Yao and Tracy will be themselves, Battier can fit in with any team, Novak just needs to spot up and hit shots, we know Padgett can play in this system and with Tracy and Yao, and Wells will be the focus of the offense when he's in so I don't think he'll have a problem as far as deferring to TMac or Yao.