Looks like Larry Brown was Rasheed's biggest supporter to come here

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by iamme, Feb 19, 2004.

1. iamme

iamme JBB JustBBall Member

According to Joe Dumars' interview on the radio today, Larry Brown mentioned that he'd love for Rasheed to come here <u>before the season even started.</u> Interesting. I guess that UNC tie does run deep.

Larry Brown was also on sports radio speaking very enthusiastically about Rasheed before the trade happened (earlier this week).

I mention this because there's been speculation as to how Larry Brown would react to someone of "questionable character" coming to Detroit (aka "another" Iverson).

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Here was the article of Brown praising Rasheed before the deadline

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Larry Brown simply loves Rasheed Wallace, who again was the subject of a trade rumor Tuesday just a few days after being dealt from Portland to Atlanta.

"I love Rasheed, he's a Carolina guy,'' Brown said. ``You bring his name up to anybody in this league and every coach is going to go 'Wow,' and every teammate he's ever been with is pretty positive about him.''

"Again, I'm a coach. My role is different than it was in Philly,'' said Brown, who coached the 76ers the past six seasons. ``I'm sure he (Dumars) will ask me about any possibility of a trade, and I'm going to give him an honest opinion.''
    </div>

Full Story

3. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

I remember Larry Brown speaking to Joe Dumars when the Pistons had their first struggle. (Before the long winning streak.) This was when Joe said that he would try to get Rasheed but would not break up the nucleus of the team.

This trade will work out well, Larry Brown will be able to handle Rasheed and he will fit in with the other Pistons. I can't wait to see if Rasheed and James play against the Timberwolves tomorrow.

4. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

I'm happy that Sheed is on a team that wants and deserves him.

5. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

Same here atleast rasheed is on a good team unlike the hawks IMO.