Merged: B-Roy Shot.......

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, May 2, 2017.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

So.

1. He may not be the Brandon Roy who played for the T Wolves

2. May not have shielded children

3. Hasn't called detectives back to help

4. May or may not have been shot once or twice or more

Maybe he was eating a gyro instead if being a hero?

dviss1, BBert and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Plot Twist: Brandon Roy was shot by Brandon Roy

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  3. Mediocre Man

Reports now that he held the gun for 23 seconds, before shooting, while 4 other guys stood around watching him.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

This is one of the most bizarre stories I have seen.

Was Suge Knight involved? Is Roy hiding out with 2Pac?

dviss1 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  5. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Please god don't let Dame sign with Death Row Records.

6. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

The most important question I have is why is his grandmother living in Compton? He's filthy rich - I'd have my entire family out of that cesspool.

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Police have not interviewed Brandon Roy after shooting of former NBA player

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department is continuing its investigation into a Compton shooting involving Brandon Roy on Saturday night, but detectives still haven’t been able to interview the former NBA All-Star as of Friday morning.

One of the four shooting victims has a formal interview scheduled with investigators on Friday afternoon and is going to try and convince Roy to speak with detectives.

“I’m reluctant to use the word uncooperative because it may not be for nefarious reasons,” Lt. Shaun McCarthy told USA TODAY Sports. “He’s got family down here, is a high school basketball coach.”

The shooting, which McCarthy said took place at a family gathering in which Roy and the three other men were present among children and an inflatable bounce house, was believed to be gang related.

“You can’t go into a neighborhood in Compton where there’s not a gang problem,” McCarthy said. “I believe it’s gang-motivated, but … I’ve had no, at this point in the investigation, have no evidence that the victims have any gang affiliation. But we believe the suspects, and the fact that this residence was located in a gang-saturated area, (means) that we believe it has a gang-motivation by the suspects.”

McCarthy said one of the reasons Roy could be hesitant to talk with investigators is because of the gang association.

“People hear that there’s a gang nexus even though it has nothing to do with Brandon,” he said.

Roy was shot once in the upper leg, according to McCarthy, and all four men sustained non-life-threatening injuries and have since been released from the hospital. There are no suspects as of Friday morning, but McCarthy is hoping witnesses will be more forthcoming because of Roy’s profile.

“We’re hoping people come forward because he’s an off-limits celebrity,” McCarthy said. “The fact that he was, quote-unquote, a celebrity, or a famous athlete, may work in our favor down the road. I’m cautiously optimistic.”

Several players coached by Roy at Seattle's Nathan Hale High School refuted reports that Roy was shot. Two players sent out tweets claiming it wasn't their coach who was shot, but those tweets were later deleted. Another sent an e-mail to The Seattle Times.

“The allegations are false,” guard Kateel Barnett told The Times. “Coach Brandon Roy is fine.”

But McCarthy, who said he was told by detectives on the scene that Roy presented a Washington state license with a Seattle address, indicated that authorities are “confident” it’s the same Roy who retired for good from the NBA in 2013. Roy became the coach at Nathan Hale, USA TODAY's No. 1 team this past season, in 2016.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ndon-roy-police-interview-shooting/101328474/

8. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I wonder if maybe he's worried if he talks there will be some kind of retribution towards his family. They never caught the guys that did it.

BonesJones likes this.
  9. Mediocre Man

In related news, Brandon Roy is manipulating fans through the media, and the Blazers are offering Roy a max deal, even though both know his legs are shot.

10. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

You know who else puts themselves in harms way for citizens they dont know? Police and first responders.:bwpopcorn:

BBert likes this.
  11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Seems clear Roy was the target.

Huge story waiting to unfold.

12. SlyPokerDog

BonesJones likes this.
  13. JoeImmoji

JoeImmoji Member

Yeah, the article talks about there being a 'gang nexus' in this area. By talking, especially as a public figure, Roy could endanger his family and friends in the area.

Some people just don't want to move. I believe Dame still has a lot of family still living in the Bay Area.

14. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

Not one single rumor has been confirmed.
    Not one official report is available from a hospital/doctor/police report or victim confirming a shooting actually took place.
    There are no official reports confirming any of the details of the shooting/or what ever it was.

However, Dave makes a few assumptions of his own? Based on what confirmed info? And then says it none of our business? WOW!

Not only does this shooting story smell bad. It reeks of a rotten cover up.
    If 4 people were really shot, you would expect at least one of them required treatment from a doctor/hospital. I was under the impression that doctors and hospital administrators are required by law to report gun shoot wounds to the police.

15. SlyPokerDog

Is that someone you want coaching kids? "Hey kids, you should only do the right thing if it's easy. If it's not easy then don't speak to the police. Do nothing to help your grandmother's neighborhood. Instead you should leave town and hide."

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I sense people in here getting a little antsy since Roy has yet to speak to police. To you folk I offer this:

If you want Black people to get rid of our no snitch policy (this desperately needs to happen since not snitching simply perpetuates more violence), then police must do it too. Police (rightfully so) want us to speak up in these instances. They in turn need to do the same when one of their own skirts the law or uses excessive force.

Simply put:

Both need to rid themselves of their no snitch policies.

The problem for us is not snitching gets us hurt or killed. For them, staying silent gets them off.

crandc, BBert, Minstrel and 2 others like this.
  17. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The silliness of your post is that it makes my point. Nobody makes jokes about first responders getting shot

Pass the salt? :bwpopcorn:

BBert and Minstrel like this.
  18. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

What about all those police you constantly call racist?

19. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    http://katu.com/news/local/seattle-tv-brandon-roy-recovering-after-being-shot

The Trail Blazers released the following statement:

“Like many others, we’re just learning of the injury suffered by former Trail Blazers player Brandon Roy in a shooting over the weekend in California. According to those reports, Brandon was wounded as a bystander, but is expected to recover. Our thoughts are prayers are with Brandon and his family."

20. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    http://www.nba.com/blazers/team-sta...fered-former-trail-blazers-great-brandon-roy/

Team Statement on Reports of Shooting Injury Suffered by Former Trail Blazers Great Brandon Roy

PORTLAND, Ore. (May 2, 2017) – In response to media reports about an apparent shooting in California over the weekend of former Portland Trail Blazers player Brandon Roy, team officials have released the following statement:

“Like many others, we’re just learning of the injury suffered by former Trail Blazers player Brandon Roy in a shooting over the weekend in California. According to those reports, Brandon was wounded as a bystander, but is expected to recover. Our thoughts and prayers are with Brandon and his family during this time.”

Nicknamed “The Natural” and still a fan favorite, Roy played five seasons for the Trail Blazers from 2006-2011. He ended his Portland career having averaged 19.0 points in 321 games. Roy is currently the head basketball coach at Nathan Hale High School in Seattle.