NOTE TO SURA: Just Retire already

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by ROCK4LIFE, Oct 28, 2006.

1. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rock4life Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This is funny lol....I want both. Who are you to make me choose one? Ur overreacting, it was a hypothetical statement. If ur lookin for a argument try another thread to do it in. Thank you[​IMG]</div>

1) you can't have both
    Reason: If Sura retires, we have 14 players on team. You either have to pick Casey Jacobsen or a PF to fill 15th spot.

2) im just stating the facts that your claim was incorrect. If I wanted to argue with you on every post you put up, then I wouldn't agree with you at all when if I remeber correctly I have agreed with you many times.

2. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">TmacGarnett Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">1) you can't have both
    Reason: If Sura retires, we have 14 players on team. You either have to pick Casey Jacobsen or a PF to fill 15th spot.

2) im just stating the facts that your claim was incorrect. If I wanted to argue with you on every post you put up, then I wouldn't agree with you at all when if I remeber correctly I have agreed with you many times.</div>
    Dude there is no correct or incorrect way of answering that, calm down lol. The whole point is that we truly could use both. If a PF isn't available then we can definatley use another shooter. What are trying to get to?

3. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

...sigh just read my other posts and then read yours because I would just be retyping what I have allready been typing.

4. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

You don't need a real PG on this team. Stick Head at the 1 to backup Alston and let T-Mac handle the ball.

5. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

Considering the financial situation, you'd be a fool to ask Sura to retire just so we could hold onto Casey Jacobsen. Jacobsen is a shooter, but we have plenty of those now. We need role players that can do other things, which is what Bob excels at. He and Battier are both the kind of guys that bring 100% effort every night and do the stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheet (like tackling Josh Howard).

Bottom line is this...

An injured but playable Sura helps this team more than Jacobsen could ever dream and a Sura that has to retire due to injuries is also more valuable than Jacobsen.

Besides...it's Casey freaking Jacobsen. In a month when Sura knows for sure what he's going to do, I imagine Casey might still be out there and we can sign him again if we feel like it. If not, no big deal because (and I repeat) it's Casey freaking Jacobsen.

6. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Sniper Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Considering the financial situation, you'd be a fool to ask Sura to retire just so we could hold onto Casey Jacobsen. Jacobsen is a shooter, but we have plenty of those now. We need role players that can do other things, which is what Bob excels at. He and Battier are both the kind of guys that bring 100% effort every night and do the stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheet (like tackling Josh Howard).</div>
    Definatley don't agree with that notion. Outside of $$$, there is absolutley no reason to keep Sura. He's old, slow, and coming off a injury which means he's even slower than he used to be. What is he gonna bring to the team? Nothin. Keepin Jacobsen was one of many options we could use if Sura retired. I would've liked to see him make the team.

<div class="quote_poster">Sniper Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Bottom line is this...An injured but playable Sura helps this team more than Jacobsen could ever dream and a Sura that has to retire due to injuries is also more valuable than Jacobsen.

Besides...it's Casey freaking Jacobsen. In a month when Sura knows for sure what he's going to do, I imagine Casey might still be out there and we can sign him again if we feel like it. If not, no big deal because (and I repeat) it's Casey freaking Jacobsen.</div>
    Sura helping the team more than a consistent spot up shooter? Maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Unfortunatley this is 2006 and Sura is gonna hurt the team chemistry by forcing a comeback when he should just retire. The team is moving in a whole new direction right now, and it's only right that he do that same.

7. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm going to have to agree with Sniper on this one.. IF Sura can get back to some sort of playing shape and put in 15-20 mins a game to bring energy and change the tempo then that's great. If not, he retires and we lose salary that can be used to pick up a PF or PG via trade exception.