Exclusive Official 2020 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by tester551, Nov 12, 2019.

1. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah his spot up jumper has a quick release and is pretty much perfect but that's the only elite skill that I see from him in all of the video I've seen so far.

2. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Olshey's first selection of each draft:

2020: Elleby (46)
    2019: Little (25)
    2018: Simons (24)
    2017: Collins (10)
    2016: Layman (47)
    2015: Connaughton (41)

3. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Not only am I not sold on his ability to play in the NBA but my lord I’ve never seen a more injury prone player. Also I hate Gonzaga.

4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

He was a 44% shooter in college and is a good passer with a solid floater/in-between game. He can play.

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  5. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

We are still in serious need of depth at the 4/5. A real PG would also have been nice. This team still has a lot of work to do and nothing meaningful got done today.

6. blazerkor

Yeah the meaningful thing got done two days ago. We upgraded the forward spot in a nice and sustainable way. The work will get done when we use the MLE, BAE and likely pick up a vet for the min. That being said, if we get Millsap for the MLE like some rumors are saying and we are able to re-sign Hoodie and Wenyen, the work is pretty much done. We have a three guard rotation of Dame, CJ and Gary with Ant there for spot minutes and insurance, we would have two forwards in RoCo and Hood with Nas for spot minutes and insurance and we would have a three post rotation with Nurk, Millsap and Zach with Wenyen there for spot minutes and insurance. Then with the BAE we can address whatever perceived need there is or just get the BPA.

I don't like one thing about our team and that is CJ. If I had my way he would be traded for a legit forward to play with RoCo. It could be a SF or PF that can get his shot and defend well it can be any forward because RoCo can start at either forward spot, we would then use the MLE on a guy like Kris Dunn who can run the point and guard multiple positions, use both the BAE and our TPE to sure up our depth and make a real run at a title but that's not happening, so if Millsap is our move, after that move the heavy lifting is done... sorry.

TBpup likes this.
  7. BonesJones

Such as?

8. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    ...and Desmond Bane.

TBpup likes this.
  9. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

While before we have a chance to even thinking about a championship we need to upgrade our bench this been Achilles heel for this team for awhile that's where olshey needs to focus on this FA season.

10. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Well, your beloved Bjeliça of course would work.

Ben Simmons, and play him at PF? :dunno:

Gordon Hayward would fit nicely next to RoCo, I think.

Here's an off the board suggestion--how about Larry Nance Jr.? He shot 35% from 3 last year, and he's only 26. Don't know how available he is, but I think he could be a solid long term PF solution.

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  11. BonesJones

Trading CJ for Bjelica or Larry Nance Jr. would be a terrible mistake. Hayward isn't gettable for CJ IMO.

12. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

He does some things well, for sure. Good height, good player. Never seen someone get hurt as much as him. I suppose would have been worth taking a flier on him. Maybe he’ll be healthy all of a sudden in the NBA

13. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I think the Celtics would trade Hayward in a heartbeat if the Blazers offered CJ. Me, i'll pass on trading CJ. Got a feeling many in here will be glad he's still here when it's all said and done.

RR7, PCmor7 and kjironman1 like this.
  14. DDolla

DDolla Well-Known Member

Harden for CJ + draft picks anyone?

15. blazerkor

That would be an upgrade but we'd still have the same problems if not bigger ones. This is Dame's team if we get another superstar, all-star or even a star then it needs to be a true SG or someone at one of the forward spots (I think Nurk is a star in the making at C so unless it's for Giannis lets keep him there). Harden is a ball dominant score first guard that can pass well and plays defense that's just a little worse than Dame's... he would again be very redundant with Dame. I realize that everyone wants another play maker for CJ and while I don't share your view that it's absolutely crucial to do that, we definitely don't need another play maker for CJ that steps all over Dame's toes like CJ does and who doesn't markedly improve this team's perimeter D.

16. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

No thanks.

Harden is an incredible player, but I absolutely LOATHE the way he plays the game.

RickyJoe, GoBlazersGo and Natebishop3 like this.
  17. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    Easy yes. We've seen the limits of what Damian and CJ can do. Neil needs to shoot all his shots and finally get us an upgrade. This would do it.

Damian and James are good enough to make me think they could make it work.

18. blazerkor

If we could get that value we surely could get another team involved to get us a player for Harden that actually fits on this team. So it's a yes from me if the plan is to quickly flip Harden for another all-nbaer or close to that.

19. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Believe would fit the mold, but obviously would be a TPE target, not a CJ one.

A Nance trade wouldn't make sense unless Garland or Sexton were also included, and probably also draft compensation.

20. blazerkor

Now we could get Hayward in a sign and trade, we'd just have to convince him to sign a long term deal here. We offer to match what CJ is making and I think he's ours. Maybe Boston throws in a first rounder... I mean CJ is probably worth more than just facilitating a sign and trade. If Boston doesn't have interest in CJ we can shop him around and then tell Boston what they can flip him for and still likely get a first rounder out of it.