Official off-season thread 2024

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 31, 2024.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

If Rempe puts in some work this summer and improves his balance and agility he can play on fourth line and contribute. He is a rookie who got to the NHL well ahead of his projected arrival.

NYR_94 likes this.
  2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Thick heads better wake the fuck up to the fact that other than Lafreniere, our top core forwards are 30, 31, 32 and 33. The very reason why Drury was a dumbass last year with the all in moves he made for older forwards. One who was hurt and the other who hasn’t been good in years. Last year Drury's job was fire worthy. Dolan gave him a second chance and he learned. He stopped listening to our dumbass fans who think you need to go big game hunting every season. As Carolina did and if it wasn't for a Lindgren turnover, they very well might have been swept by the Rangers in the second round. Florida's core forwards are 26, 27, 28, 28 and 28. They are here to stay for the next 5-6 years. So if you want to whack it to big Drury trades you better fn hope he can build a younger core around Lafreniere and that sure as heck will almost be impossible unless their drafting is off the chart and this coach puts the top prospects on the first PP unit and stops sucking off the same, old, core.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  3. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Last year Drury's job was fire worthy. You wrote less than 5 months ago this year Drury's job was fire worthy, and he has no balls to make a season changing deal. Did it all change because he added literally nothing of any value to the team at the trade DL, and again the team fell short? Is that what you call a good job by the in over his head Pres and GM? You are a weird "fan" man, as I have said before I am convinced you don't care at all about winning, 100% convinced.

As was said, a lot of us get confused because you seem to be on every side of every issue depending on the day.

4. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Drury said some interesting things yesterday, including believing in players individually he did not say as a collective group, gives me hope he is going to look at making the big moves needed to give the team a shot at taking the next final step:

“We’re looking at a lot of different things,” Drury, the Rangers’ general manager, said on a Zoom call with media. “And there’s different ways to get to where we want to go. To me, really, nothing’s off the table.

“We’re trying to be better. We’re trying, as I said, to reach the ultimate goal here. In the middle of that process now and trying to figure out what’s next and what can we do to be better.”

“I do believe in our players individually,” he said. “We have a lot of really good players here. A lot of players had great seasons, a number of them have been very good Rangers for a long time. Now is the part of the job to figure out if this group collectively can get us to where we want to be. The process is already underway and will continue throughout the offseason. As I often say, we’re constantly trying to figure out how we can be better and push forward to reach our ultimate goal.”

5. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

And maybe keeping Kakko, which crazy as it sounds is the right move unless Drury can get good value for him alone or in a package deal:

"We were talking about Laf at this time last year and refuting rumors that I was trying to trade him… Kaapo Kakko is still a young player… We're going to continue to try and find everything we can do to help him reach his potential," Drury said.

6. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

The NHL salary cap will rise to $88 million next season, the League and the NHL Players’ Association announced Saturday.

That’s an increase of $4.5 million from the salary cap of $83.5 million this season. The cap has not risen more than $4 million season over season since it went up $4.5 million from $75 million in 2017-18 to $79.5 million in 2018-19.

“It’s great to see,” NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. “I know the general managers and the teams are excited to have more flexibility and it means that the revenues are as robust as we’ve been telling you all along.”

The cap was $81.5 million from 2019-22 because of the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, then rose $1 million each of the past two seasons, increasing to $82.5 million for 2022-23.

“I predict that it will continue to go up,” the Commissioner said Saturday. “Obviously, with the number of years we had with flat or modest increases it was necessary to recapture how much was overpaid and how much the escrow built up during COVID, but I believe we’re going to continue to see robust growth in the cap.”

Ranger71 likes this.
  7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Ryan McLeod, that's a guy we passed over in the 2nd round for the brilliant move of taking Olof Lindbom, who was rated as a 5th rounder, when we already had Shesterkin in the system.

8. kreidertime

I could give you a good late round pick for every bad top 2 round pick you bring up so that’s pointless and dumb.McLeod is hardly a stud. I think he would be a good fit here, but there are other players that we picked in the last three or four years out of the first round that should make this team soon

9. kreidertime

We all know Gorton was a Euro pussy lover, but the drafts since JD unfucked Gorton’s way of thinking, since then look like they’re going to produce quite a bit.

10. kreidertime

I like Mancini a lot. I think he’s gonna be the Ryan Graves we lost because our coach and GM were morons. I also think he’s going to be Trouba’s replacement. I think Trouba will get this year and then if they can’t deal him, they’ll buy him out.

11. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

I find it amusing that a 6 time Stanley Cup champion Mark Messier sees something in Rempe that the arm chair QBs don't. I'm with the Captain, Matt has skills and scored a playoff goal. Guessing these are the same evaluators who have been saying be patient with Kakko. Looking forward to seeing Rempe in the lineup full time next year.

12. kreidertime

Messier has always loved having an enforcer on a team, but you have to remember you can have a guy like that who barely plays when you’re Mark Messier, one of the greatest players of all time and you had Brian Leach superstar two defenseman. You also have to remember that Messier played in a different time. There was a lot of goon action and even in the playoffs when teams lost they would often fight after games to send a message. That’s not the case anymore.

13. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one just stands out to me for some reason, not because McLeods been anything special, but just reaching badly. Lindbom is terrible.

14. PorterPanzer

Please Dump, it was only a few years ago Wilson was rag dolling the Breadman while Mika watched holding his stick much firmer than he did in the playoffs, It cost JD his job. I'm more interested in Rempe's hitting ability and the only reason he's getting shade here is because of inconsistent NHL enforcement. The fact that he can fight is a huge bonus, he's more than a goon, tough guy to move from the crease as we also saw in the playoffs. You're touting the 5'10" Sykora as a 4th line alternative? Think Rempe has earned a further look after 17 impressive regular season games.

15. kreidertime

You’re overestimating the value of a guy like Rempe. It’s bordering on pathetic. Rempe might be needed for 20 to 25 regular season games that’s about it. Rempe isn’t ever going to negate what Florida did to the Rangers in the postseason. Players like Othmann, Sykora, Laba and Cuylle can when the get enough experience.

16. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

They had a great record with Rempe in the lineup

17. kreidertime

Fluke record. Nothing more than that.

18. PorterPanzer

I don't count Cuylle think he's already earned a spot on next year's roster. I'm not overestimating Rempe's value, he's a 4th liner that addresses a need. Othman and Sykora should be pushing for the 3rd line.

19. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Just get some winners on this team. Dont care about bottom 9 wolf pack players. Get some winners here

20. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To each his own but I have no idea why Rempe is still being talked about.