Official Rockets Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Sniper, Dec 2, 2005.

1. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Once Alston comes back and Anderson heals up, I think Wesley will swing over to shooting guard while McGrady goes back to small forward. Certainly shooting wouldn't be too much of a problem by then.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Artest is too much of a cancer. He felt that Rick Carlisle wasn't using him right and limiting his offensive production, but Van Gundy won't be much of a change of scenery for him. He would still be severely restricted and won't be free to isolate his defender. He was the second option in Indiana; in Houston, he'll be third. Think he'll be happy?

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Someone on another board said there's a trade that might be announced soon. We'll see ...

4. viertelasiat

viertelasiat JBB JustBBall Member

k heres a trade proposal betweeb den/atl/hou

so
    houston sends
    Juwan Howard
    Dikembe Mutombo
    Derek Anderson

houston gets
    Al Harrington

Denver trades
    nene hilario
    earl watson

Denver recieves
    Juwan Howard
    Derek Anderson

Atlanta sends
    Al Harrington

Atlanta recieves
    earl watson
    nene hilario
    dikembe mutombo

why? atlanta needs a staring point and another big man which they get. houston needs a good consistent scorer. Denver gets a quality pf and a starting shooting guard.

5. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

no... we give too much.... just for al harrington.. i no howard and anderson are inconsistance, but sometime they help us win games like yesterday....

6. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Guys get your heads off trading deke. We can not trade Deke! He is a 20 year BBall player that likes it here in Houston. He wants to play his last year here and no one would want him because everyone knows that. Who the hell could really get much out of Deke for a year?

We need a C to backup Yao. If we trade Deke (that is if we even could), that might fix one position's problem, but will start another in the center position.

Deke = untradable.

7. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

The Rockets have so many good guys on the team, I don't really want to see any of them get traded. Ideally, what we need is a shooting guard who can stick the three, play minutes at SF when McGrady is resting, and guard the perimeter. If we can swap Howard for a very strong rebounder and defender, that would be good too. I still want to hang onto Swift, though.

Any possibility of us getting Eddie Griffin back? He doesn't seem to be playing a lot in Minnesota right now, and he fills our PF needs almost perfectly.

8. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

I wanna keep deke and swift. I don't really know which players I'd part with right now. I really like this team, but injuries are killin us right now

9. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Like Hollinger said in his chat today, we don't really have any one that's very sellable other than Swift and Head (of course McGrady and Yao are untouchable). Personally, I don't want us to give up either one.

10. tr@cy&ya0

if we can get swift for someone realy good and a draft pick like, swift for reggie evan and a draft pick, that would do for me.. but like the nets trade, ITS PATHETIC... AND LUTHER? why should we trade him?

11. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">Like Hollinger said in his chat today, we don't really have any one that's very sellable other than Swift and Head (of course McGrady and Yao are untouchable). Personally, I don't want us to give up either one.</div>

I think Wesley would also be attractive to other teams..

8.8 ppg, 3.3 apg, 43% 3PT and an expiring contract...

I'm sure theres some contending teams who could use Wesley...

12. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    San Antonio? Miami? Detroit? Indiana?

Those are the legit contenders this year, and none of them have a need for Wesley. San Antonio have Finley and Van Exel as veteran guards off the bench; Miami has Payton and Gerald Fitch who's playing well; Detroit has Mo Evans and Carlos Arroyo; and Indiana have Fred Jones and Jascikevicius.

If anything, I see Wesley being traded to a team just looking to free up some cap room.

13. viertelasiat

viertelasiat JBB JustBBall Member

saying dike is untradeable is stupid if we can get a good player out of the deal.... why the hell not?? dike, howard and Anderson for Harrington i dont think thats too much at all, maybe even a pick... Juwan can be inconsistent he doesnt play D and he isnt athletic at all IMO we need to get rid of him while he has some value....all he can do is shoot alright, i'd rather work on swift... also when all our guards come back we wont need all of them so why not give one up I mean how many minutes can we alot them anyways?? and Dike isnt that productive this year and swift can play the 5 anyways, so we dont absolutely need him so why wouldnt houston do that trade??... no matter what, i think we need to make a trade and i dont think we will give up yao, tmac, or head and i hope not swift anyone else is expendable in my book.....

14. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

Man I just wanna hear some REAL trade proposals....I don't wanna listen to all these rumors anymore because it seems to just give more questions

15. tr@cy&ya0

viertelasiat come on man... deke, anderson, howard, for al harrington?

if you don't know, al harrington plays the power foward, not center.. and we also need anderson, hes been doing alot better now, its just that hes injured... deke is our back up center and now that yao is gone we need him more than ever when deke comes back... yes, howard is inconsistance, and i have nothing to argue about with him...

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">viertelasiat come on man... deke, anderson, howard, for al harrington?</div>
    Plus theres a good chance Harrington won't sign with us when he's an unrestricted free agent this summer.

17. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

The thing is you can't send al harrington for those 3 because the salaries won't mach up which is what the league prefers. Howard's salary alone beats harringtons.

18. yaofan

yaofan JBB JustBBall Member

Saw this on another Rox fan's forum:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Just heard the Nets and Rockets will make a trade sometime right after
    Christmas.

To New Jersey:

One future 2nd round draft pick.
    One future first round draft pick (lotto protected)
    PG/SG David Wesley 6-1 203
    PG Rafer Alston 6-2 175
    PF/C Stromile Swift 6-9 230
    PF/C Lonny Baxter 6-8 260

To Houston:

PG Jeff McInnis 6-4 179
    PF Scott Padgett 6-9 240
    PF/C Marc Jackson 6-10 253
    SG/SF Richard Jefferson 6-7 225</div>

What you guys think if this trade dose go down?

19. tr@cy&ya0

you kidding me right
    thats the greatest thing i ever heard [​IMG]
    except for the first round pick thing...
    i would accept... cause we still have deke, and our center lineup is alot deeper and makr jackson is alot better than swift so far...

20. yaofan

yaofan JBB JustBBall Member

yeah,I think it is a good trade for us NOW,but we will have 3 close to max cantract if we get RJ,and we give up the picks,it is unlikely we will add other pieces in the near future.So we basically give up the future for just RJ,I doult if it is worth it.