Official Rockets Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Sniper, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

well...for the most part it sounds pretty good...Keep DA and Head, get RJ and Scotty P back...I just don't know if I'm ok with giving up the first rounder, and the two newest pieces to our team in swift and alston...I guess I'm torn but overall I'm cool with it unless swift decides do do amazing in Yao's absence

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting yaofan:</div><div class="quote_post">Saw this on another Rox fan's forum:

What you guys think if this trade dose go down?</div>
    That trade will leave us with McInnis and Moochie at point guard. Is that rotation stable enough to elevate us to a championship team?

As someone else has mentioned, getting RJ's contract will screw our cap situation up, and it would put a lot of pressure on the team to win a championship in the next three years. Jefferson and TMac can be a crazy wing duo but you have to wonder if there's enough shots to go around, especially McInnis and Howard are both scorers also.

Why would Lonny Baxter be included in the deal? I also don't like giving up the first round pick.

3. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">That trade will leave us with McInnis and Moochie at point guard. Is that rotation stable enough to elevate us to a championship team?

As someone else has mentioned, getting RJ's contract will screw our cap situation up, and it would put a lot of pressure on the team to win a championship in the next three years. Jefferson and TMac can be a crazy wing duo but you have to wonder if there's enough shots to go around, especially McInnis and Howard are both scorers also.

Why would Lonny Baxter be included in the deal? I also don't like giving up the first round pick.</div>

I think thats all that makes the trade a considerable one/fair somewhat.

I like it, I don't want to miss the playoffs this year. And maybe we could trade Norris/Baker (2 expiring contracts) for a PG or a 1st rounder...never know.

4. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

i like the trade but looking at yesterdays game... lonny was doing a great job... except for the foul... its goign to be one of those risk u HAVE to take

5. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

Rockets and Indy

Bowen and Wesley for Artest

Adds the defense lost at SF for Indy in Bowen(great hustle but cant shoot to save his life) and adds a shooter and good defensive guard. Both expiring contracts.

Dont think Indy fans would be too enthusiastic about it though.

6. tr@cy&ya0

do u think the gm of indiana is goign to be that supid to trade artest for them?

7. moeinhouston

No,
    Of course will take the best player offered.
    But if they dont get a offer they like, why sit him for the rest of the season as they have said they are prepared to do.
    I would think Indy would want to free up space for next year if they could.

I'm guessing, Artest wont be traded until a day before or the day of the deadline when Indy has all offers in front.

8. tr@cy&ya0

i dont' think we can get artest... he wants a team where he can score ofense... he'd be the 3rd option and in indiana he was 3rd....

9. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tr@cy&ya0:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont' think we can get artest... he wants a team where he can score ofense... he'd be the 3rd option and in indiana he was 3rd....</div>

Do you think Indiana cares? Honestly, look at what he is doing to the team and the situation he put them in. They would trade him to Atlanta or even Miami (where he would probably be just a role player and not an option) in a heartbeat.

I don't see the Rockets organization trying to pursue Ron Artest though. They know he would hate his role here.

10. tr@cy&ya0

i always get that are close enough where u can yell out something and they can here seats... but do u think any fan besides me will feel safe when artest is there? ron artest talent should have gone to someone nice.... its like his talent went to the wrong person

11. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

I personally think Ron Artest wasn't to blame for the brawl at all. If you break it down Ben Wallace pushed him, a fan threw a beer in his face, and at the spur of the moment he punched another fun out of what he thought was self defense. Now lets look at this logically. Ron Artest is not retarded and he knows that if he punches another fan during a nba game, he is out of the league. To say that his talent went to the wrong person is something very hypothetical, but also false because a players personality and attitude towards the game makes their talent.

12. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

TmacGarnett, I think you forgot a lot of other things about Artest. Let me finish the list- Artest wanted to take two months off to do his rap record, he wanted to be traded from Indiana because he wanted a "fresh start" then subsequently said he didn't want to be traded, he threw a camera or whatever during a game.

13. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

Ron Artest only becomes an option for a team if they can get him for the bare minimum. He carries too much of a risk, for all you know he may retire next season, and he has stated before that he plans to retire early.

14. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Ron Artest only becomes an option for a team if they can get him for the bare minimum. He carries too much of a risk, for all you know he may retire next season, and he has stated before that he plans to retire early.</div>
    Oh and he said he wanted to be a boxer.

15. TmacGarnett

[​IMG] I'd still welcome him to the rockets if he was traded to us.

16. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

I wouldn't, there was a damn good reason for not signing Sprewell, and that's because he became a cancer to the team in Minnesota. With all the injuries that the Rockets have already, the last thing they need is a terminal cancer.

17. TmacGarnett

Spreweel is old and easily injured, while Artest is in his prime and young. Sprewell isn't nearly as good as Artest so the risk was greater than the potential reward while in artest's case the reward is greater.

18. tr@cy&ya0

seriously.. we only have two choices now.... one is trade and hope its a turning point and do realy good all they and at least get the 8th spot... thats a big if... or tank the season and hope for a big lottery pick

19. tr@cy&ya0

seriously.. we only have two choices now.... one is trade and hope its a turning point and do realy good all they and at least get the 8th spot... thats a big if... or tank the season and hope for a big lottery pick

20. moeinhouston

Q.Richardson(25min/gam) has been a bust in NY.

Put him with TMac SKIP Swift Yao. Quickness and Yao's size

Another thread saying no GM is dumb enough to trade expiring contracts for Q.

He benefited from open shots last year. TMac is the only Rocket not getting open shots. Everybody else is being invited to shoot.

Can it be done. I'm for Q if its possible.