Rasheed Wallace has so much to gain by staying with Pistons

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Ice, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The team that plays together, wins together ... and stays together? Rasheed Wallace shredded many of his personal labels and brought the perfect edge to this team. He could leave, but why would he want to?

Larry Brown confirmed his best label ? terrific teacher ? and refuted the nagging one, the one that suggested he couldn?t finish the job. He could leave, but why would he want to?

Those were the final two pieces, the risks Joe Dumars had to take. Dumars made tough decisions, was proven correct and deserves loads of credit. A championship is the bottom-line response to the skeptics, and all three ? Dumars, Brown, Wallace ? responded affirmatively, and emphatically.
    </div>
    Full Story

2. Chinkboi

Chinkboi JBB JustBBall Member

Well I read Rasheed still has interest in NY, but if Detroit can probably offer the best contract. Rasheed said it's basically up to his family.

3. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

You'd think he would want to stay with the Detroit Pistons after he got his only ring with them. If it is up to his family I'd think they wanna stay in Detroit as well where 'Sheed is happy so is the family.

4. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I think he will stay. His family will probably want to be where he is happiest and he seems to have such a good bond with the Pistons. Not to mention being an integral part of a championship.

5. Stockton

Stockton JBB

He should stay in Detroit, he got a ring there, and could contend for another next year. If he leaves, there's no guarentee he will end up in a good team. He seems to fit in well in Detroit, he's also managed to stop getting in trouble which is helping him and Detroit suceed.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Pistons will offer him a big contract while all NY can offer is the MLE, his family will have the final say and from the sounds his wife likes the Detroit area. Sheed must realise that he can be a contender for years in Detroit If he goes to the Knicks the chances are all they will ever do is make the 2nd round every year.

If he was smart he would stay.

7. ludacris06

ludacris06 JBB JustBBall Member

Rasheed should not leave because he's the guy that gave Detroit that emotional boost and scored whenever the Pistons were in a drought. I hope he resigns with Detroit and takes a paycut so we can keep Memo too. Thats what I want to see.

8. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

^Luda sister, LaLa. Choach :thumbsup:

Well by what AllNet posted about what NY could offer him. He would be a fool to leave, and before they won I was wondering why he would want to leave.

9. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Sheed's only reason to leave detroit like he said before is his family. He said quote " This is a great group of guys im playing with but in the end my family will deside what I do." And the big city of new york and the huge market would definitly attract any family/ player.

It could open up many opertunities for sheed he could get so many deals and contracts outside of bball putting more money in his pocket and making his "family" happy, but also going to new york may be bad for sheed cause everything bad he does will be magnified do to the huge market.

In the end it is not really gona be sheeds choice if he goes to the knicks or not, but his families choice. There for all the pistons can really do for sheed is offer him the most money and try and show his family that detroit is the best place for them.

10. MizzMcGrady1

MizzMcGrady1 JBB JustBBall Member

Being a Detroit fan and everything, i hope Sheed does stay. He works well, with not just Big Ben, but with the whole team. And Detroit plays team ball. So i'm looking towards next season, seeing him suit up in the red, white, and blue [​IMG] !!!!!!!!!!!!