Round 1: Rockets vs. Jazz Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Apr 17, 2008.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

AND **** MEMPHIS! THEY WANT SCOLA FOR MIKE ****ing MILLER? Scola is 10x better than the junk they got for Gasol.

**** MEMPHIS

Derrick Rose is gonna be a bust! I hope Chicago drafts him. again fcuk memphis

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

This seems like the worst argument ever. I don't see any winner in this argument, and I don't see the point of arguing about what ifs.

The Bulls never faced the Rockets in the Championship game. The Bulls won and deserved their trophies. The Rockets won and deserved their trophies. The end.

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ May 20 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This seems like the worst argument ever. I don't see any winner in this argument, and I don't see the point of arguing about what ifs.

The Bulls never faced the Rockets in the Championship game. The Bulls won and deserved their trophies. The Rockets won and deserved their trophies. The end.</div>

Well pegs, you weren't following the argument, I never said the Rockets don't deserve their two titles.

I'm not arguing the "what ifs", just reporting the news. I don't rely on metaphors, you obviously don't understand anything in this thread.

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 20 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ May 20 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This seems like the worst argument ever. I don't see any winner in this argument, and I don't see the point of arguing about what ifs.

The Bulls never faced the Rockets in the Championship game. The Bulls won and deserved their trophies. The Rockets won and deserved their trophies. The end.</div>

Well pegs, you weren't following the argument, I never said the Rockets don't deserve their two titles.

</div>

Haha, good point. [​IMG]

5. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ May 20 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 20 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ May 20 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This seems like the worst argument ever. I don't see any winner in this argument, and I don't see the point of arguing about what ifs.

</div>

Haha, good point. [​IMG]
    </div>

Well, that's the first classy post I've seen in a while.

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 20 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not arguing the "what ifs", just reporting the news. I don't rely on intangible metaphors, you obviously don't understand anything in this thread.</div>

I understand, it was igotask8brd with the what ifs.

If I were you, I wouldn't have even argued with him to begin with. You argue against a person using what ifs as a basis, he'll keep bringing in more and more what ifs. That argument was going nowhere to begin with, haha.

7. igotask8board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 17 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Otherwise when they won the season series, the way the Bobcats play well against the modern-day Lakers, their sorry roster didn't deserve to play against them.</div>

in the late 80's and early 90's the rockets beat up on the bulls huevon. The bulls finally started to beat the rockets only after Hakeem was passing his prime (clyde was also getting older, the team was having injury problems, the team was changing, etc.). There's actually a thread on clutchfans in which Jordans STATES to the houston chronicle "that he hopes the rockets don't make it out of the west, because we can't beat them"....there were also other assistant coaches on the bulls who were quoted at that time of fearing Houston.........................and who knows if not for being screwed in a game late in the season in '93 which allowed the sonics to have home court advantage, we might have made it to the finals. Even AFTER Hakeem was past his prime Luc Longley admitted to not wanting any part of Hakeem in a 7 game series and stated that he'd rather face the jazz. Hakeem and Jordan even had conversations about their potential matchup after their careers were over, and both admitted that it would have been a great series. Jordan called Olajuwon the best center ever to play the game, so that should tell you about the respect the two men had for one another as competitors. Comparing the pathetic ass bobcats to a team with one of the best players ever, in an era which was much better than this current one is lame...........

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=142418

^^^take a look for yourself. No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt, because the bulls were tough, but the rockets just matched up extremely well with the bulls.
    </div>

LOL They didn't even lead in their series against the Bulls (without Jordan), in 1993/1994.
    </div>
    This thread wont die.

huevon, you're still a hypocrite.

IF the Lakers win it all this season.

The Lakers didn't even lead their series against the Rockets.

8. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 17 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Otherwise when they won the season series, the way the Bobcats play well against the modern-day Lakers, their sorry roster didn't deserve to play against them.</div>

in the late 80's and early 90's the rockets beat up on the bulls huevon. The bulls finally started to beat the rockets only after Hakeem was passing his prime (clyde was also getting older, the team was having injury problems, the team was changing, etc.). There's actually a thread on clutchfans in which Jordans STATES to the houston chronicle "that he hopes the rockets don't make it out of the west, because we can't beat them"....there were also other assistant coaches on the bulls who were quoted at that time of fearing Houston.........................and who knows if not for being screwed in a game late in the season in '93 which allowed the sonics to have home court advantage, we might have made it to the finals. Even AFTER Hakeem was past his prime Luc Longley admitted to not wanting any part of Hakeem in a 7 game series and stated that he'd rather face the jazz. Hakeem and Jordan even had conversations about their potential matchup after their careers were over, and both admitted that it would have been a great series. Jordan called Olajuwon the best center ever to play the game, so that should tell you about the respect the two men had for one another as competitors. Comparing the pathetic ass bobcats to a team with one of the best players ever, in an era which was much better than this current one is lame...........

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=142418

^^^take a look for yourself. No one is trying to say that the rockets would've won without a doubt, because the bulls were tough, but the rockets just matched up extremely well with the bulls.
    </div>

LOL They didn't even lead in their series against the Bulls (without Jordan), in 1993/1994.
    </div>
    This thread wont die.

huevon, you're still a hypocrite.

The Lakers didn'e even lead their series against the Rockets if they win this year.
    </div>

Lol when did I say they did? The Rockets however, have not proven anything against the Lakers that are in the WCF. Or that they won't choke in the post-season, etc.

9. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ May 20 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 20 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not arguing the "what ifs", just reporting the news. I don't rely on intangible metaphors, you obviously don't understand anything in this thread.</div>

I understand, it was igotask8brd with the what ifs.

If I were you, I wouldn't have even argued with him to begin with. You argue against a person using what ifs as a basis, he'll keep bringing in more and more what ifs. That argument was going nowhere to begin with, haha.
    </div>

Well those are some very fair points pegs, we'll just have to see what happens.

10. igotask8board

11. igotask8board

You kept using the Rockets losses to the Bulls team without Jordan in ur arguments. You said they mattered more because they were during the title run.

Well if the Lakers get a title this year, I will just look at the wins the Rockets 2 wins against the Lakers, and use that as my evidence to conclude the Lakers would not have won it all.

It helps me sleep at night.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You kept using the Rockets losses to the Bulls team without Jordan in ur arguments. You said they mattered more because they were during the title run.

Well if the Lakers get a title this year, I will just look at the wins the Rockets 2 wins against the Lakers, and use that as my evidence to conclude the Rockets won it all.

It helps me sleep at night.</div>

The Rockets lost it all last year with a T-Mac closer to his Prime and a healthy Yao.

The Lakers aren't supposed to go 82-0, nor have the Rockets proven anything in a seven game series (especially where they don't have homecourt). You're generalizing the subject.

My Collection of Evidence against the Rockets is more than just a two year stretch against the Bulls.

13. igotask8board

You still argued both ways. I know it wouldn't be smart on your part to admit so.

14. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You still argued both ways. I know it wouldn't be smart on your part to admit so.</div>

Where?

It would be smart for you to clarify your very vague posts and references, otherwise I'd prefer to argue with the more respectable Dream.

15. igotask8board

Just pick any of your posts on page 2 or 3, and any of your posts on page 4. That's where.

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (igotask8board @ May 20 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just pick any of your posts on page 2 or 3, and any of your posts on page 4. That's where.</div>

Well first, if you use the Yao argument this year, you would also have to admit that your Rockets accomplished nothing against the Bulls.

Not only are the Lakers not as talented as the Bulls, but my argument ALSO consists of not looking at a small sample size of data.

I only contradict myself when a very desperate person like you generalizes my argument, and you've already admitted how lazy you are at reading.

17. igotask8board

[​IMG]
    Step aside, Kobe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/thread

18. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Nice picture of Ginobili flopping!

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VBLpoXd2_2s&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VBLpoXd2_2s&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

19. igotask8board

I agree he flops too much.

And guess who gets to deal with it? Yea, they better stay consistent and call them for the rest of the year.